Keto recipes

Keyhole I am just enjoying the avocado 'chips' you let me sample. They have turned out very delicious as well- plus help soak up the bone broth. Taste just like potato chips. I first fried some thin sections of lard in lard fat I had made (bacon fat would be very tasty here too), then when they were browned I fried the avocado strips - more like bits as hard to peel as was old rubbery avocado skin but didn't ruin the taste.

I put loads of salt and pepper into the fat too.

I am having this with lamb pieces and lamb / bones I cooked in the bone broth - also with added fat skimmed off the bone broth.

It is also possible to mash the avocado chips if just browned on each side.

Thanks for the 'discovery'.

happyliza said:
Keyhole I am just enjoying the avocado 'chips' you let me sample.

Haha oh yeah I forgot. I am glad you liked them. They are my new favourites :lol:

Here is a simple alternative to home cooked chips (potato fries for the US).

All you need is: a frying pan
a large chunk of any type rendered fat (lard, tallow,butter, bacon fat etc)
an unripe avocado.

1.Place the frying pan on a low heat and melt the fat in the pan.
2. While its melting, peel the avocado and chop into thin slices lengthways.
3. Place the avocado slices in the pan and leave to fry, turning occasionally until lightly brown on both sides.
4. Removes avocado from pan and place in a bowl. Season well!! (Salt, black pepper, maybe apple cider vinegar?)

When I first experimented with these, I was suprised at how much they actually taste like potato! the avocado taste dissappears and they seem to soak up all of the fat.
This is for everyone who is missing a plate of chips with that steak! ;) I will post a picture next time. Enjoy!

The avocado chips is a brilliant idea! Will be trying this very soon! Thank you!
Finally managed to make the fat custard today, it took around 40 minutes of constant stirring haha! was so panicked over the temperature getting too hot or too cold, but it turned out fantastic. :)
Used 800 litres of Coconut milk, 500g of Kerrygold Butter, 20 Egg yolks (as my partner lost a few hahaha), 1tbsp Vanilla, 6tbsp Xylitol and half a cup of mashed strawberries. It tastes really nice!

What kind of gelatin do you guys get? I used a powdered version that you get from most supermarkets.

lilyalic said:
The avocado chips is a brilliant idea! Will be trying this very soon! Thank you!
Finally managed to make the fat custard today, it took around 40 minutes of constant stirring haha! was so panicked over the temperature getting too hot or too cold, but it turned out fantastic. :)

If you're going to be making these consistently, then I recommend getting an immersion blender. Saves the wrists a lot of work. ;)

Heimdallr said:
If you're going to be making these consistently, then I recommend getting an immersion blender. Saves the wrists a lot of work. ;)

Yeah I used it now and again but my pot was far too full haha!
It turned out like creme brule! I swear this is the best recipe ever, thankyou everyone!
Drizzled 2 melted cubes of 85% dark chocolate over it this morning and it was like having dessert for breakfast :D

http://www.freecoconutrecipes.com/index.cfm/2009/12/16/betterthancandy-nut-crunchies

What to share this recipe I found in Internet. I think could be Ketogenic recipe making little adjustments.
Suggested to use pecan and almonds, only used coconut flakes.
Suggested to use sugar, I used Xilitol.
Coconut cream concentrate also called Coconut Butter is the way I found it.
Is very easy and fast to cook it.
I think the flavor is grate and help me a lot if feel cravings, it is like eating a regular cookie.
Hope you like :P :P :P

Here is a recipe I use to add fat to sausages or other meat dishes or to make a mackerel and eggs salad, it's revisited version of mayonnaise,reading that someone tried it with pork fat I made my version with butter:

BUTTERNNAISE:

400 gr of butter or ghee
half of a lemon juice, or a small spoon of vinegar
1 entire egg
2 or 3 egg yolks (to add fat)
1 pinch of salt

Immersion blender

Melt the butter on the stove. Wile it's cooling down (it has to reach approx. 60c°) put the eggs, lemon juice and salt in jar (or another tall and slim container). when the butter has cooled be ready with the blender on the bottom of the jar to start blending as soon as you start to pour little by little but regularly the melted butter. You'll have to do a regular ,and a bit slow ,up and down movement with the blender and you'll see the Mayo getting to it's consistency. You have to get a little of experience with the movement, good news is that if it doesn't work, you can still use the mixture with other eggs, lemon and salt and try again.
Let the mayo cool a bit and it's ready.
Of course you can add all kinds of flavors to it..
That should be perfect for the avocado chips

Ah! you can also try the sweet version by melting some xylitol before melting the butter in it (you can add cocoa also) then do the same procedure...

Thanks for your recipe...
Do think your recipe would work if use fat left after frying the bacon?
Think this could be very flavorful..
:D :D :P :P

Many thanks for the recipes!
Fat bomb with cacao is now my everyday-meal.

I want to share this simple & fast ALMOND-BREAD-RECIPE.
Sometimes I like my bacon in a breadlike-substitute and found a tasty alternative in the following recipe.
Used the search-function but found no similar one.

This recipe is for 4 little portions - see the picture (but you can for sure double or triple it if needed).

Ingredients:

2 eggs
80 g ground almonds
1/2 - 1 teaspoon herbs (anise, fennel, coriander,...what you like)
bit of salt
1 Tablespoon cider vinegar
1 Tablespoon Oliveoil
30 g Butter (soft)

First mix the eggs, than but the rest into it.
The texture is viscous so you need some forms to fill it in.
15 - 20 min.
160° Celsius

Enjoy your meal!

1 portion contents ~ : F - 20 / KH - 1,3 / P - 6.85

Attachments

• Mandelbrot.jpg
    Mandelbrot.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 255
dulma said:

In Maria Emmerich's book "Keto-adapted" she uses bacon fat, she actually has the recipe down as "Baconnaise" :D

ines said:
Ingredients:

2 eggs
80 g ground almonds
1/2 - 1 teaspoon herbs (anise, fennel, coriander,...what you like)
bit of salt
1 Tablespoon cider vinegar
1 Tablespoon Oliveoil
30 g Butter (soft)

Hi ines, unfortunately a lot of people here have had allergic reactions to almonds and other nuts. The problem is, your body may not communicate this to you until it has been detoxified. The best way is to completely remove them from the diet and re introduce them after a long period of time. This way you will be able to determine whether you have a reaction or not.

Egg whites have also caused people problems (me included :() so are best if are cut out of the diet as well.

Keyhole said:
dulma said:

In Maria Emmerich's book "Keto-adapted" she uses bacon fat, she actually has the recipe down as "Baconnaise" :D

It should work perfectly, I'm sure I'll give it a try the coming days

Bread of flax and coconut flour
It is necessary to:

Dry ingredients

1 cup coconut flour (cups as tea, 2.5 dl)
1 cup flax meal
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking soda

The wet ingredients

10 whole eggs
1/2 cup melted coconut oil ; can partially replace this amount and butter, or put them, or completely replace the coconut oil with approximately 100 g of softened butter
1 tablespoon apple vinegar

Preparation:

Oven at 180 C.
Mix all dry ingredients
Mix eggs and add all the wet ingredients
Connect to a mixture, mix blender and get sticky, dense mass, thicker batter for pancakes.
In greased casserole or put baking paper , therefore deliver the mixture and bake for 50-60 minutes.
Leave it a bit in the pan, then remove and place on a rack to cool.
Can be cut only when a little cool.

This is a picture of the link, but to me it was like this when I made it.

Attachments

• nutritivni-sastojci-hleba-mooshema.jpg
    nutritivni-sastojci-hleba-mooshema.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 216
  • hleb-bez-brasna-i-kvasca-mooshema-priprema-e1413704735901.jpg
    hleb-bez-brasna-i-kvasca-mooshema-priprema-e1413704735901.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 213
I'm going to give the avocado chips a try, as well as these avocado fudge pops!

Avocado Fudge Pops

1 large ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
¼ c honey (substitute xylitol or stevia)
1/3 c cocoa powder
1 1/3 c almond milk (substitute coconut milk)

Place all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth. Pour into ice-pop molds, freeze overnight. Run outside of mold under hot water for 20-30 seconds to loosen from mold if necessary.
Or enjoy as pudding, by reducing amount of sweetener and ‘milk’. Frozen pops taste less sweet than the unfrozen mixture.

Inga said:
Bread of flax and coconut flour

I've tried this recipe recently, and it turned out really well. For those who can tolerate coconut, as an occasional treat (and relatively low-carb), it's very nice - especially with butter or rillette/pâté (from the butcher) spread on it.

Back
Top Bottom