Keto recipes

Chu said:
Rabelais asked me for the most recent recipe from us here, and I realized we didn't have one quite like what we are doing now. So here it goes:

1 kg. lard
1/2 kg butter
1.5 liters water
5 rounded Tbsp powdered gelatin
18 Tbsp xylitol or erythritol
48 egg yolks
2Tbsp vanilla

Usual preparation. (Melt fat, water, gelatin and sweetener together and heat until it reaches approx. 70 degrees Celsius, remove from fire, use a hand blender to mix egg yolks and to incorporate them to the liquid, put back into the fire at low heat, and stir until it reaches a creamy consistency. Once it reaches approx. 70 degrees Celsius and is creamy, cool down, add vanilla)

Divide the preparation in equal amounts, 2 or three depending on the flavoring you want. (and adapt the amount of liquid depending on the quantity of fat bomb mix you've got. This is what we use for 3 flavors, with the amounts given above.)

Choco-coffee:
3 Tbsp pure cocoa powder
1 cup of strong coffee (can be instant coffee)

Berries:
2 cups of berries (strawberries, raspberries, or whichever you like)
1 cup of water

Lemon:
1 cup of lemon juice

I just made all three variations in one go, it very good :) Now

Coffee one retained the lumps despite mixing it with the base in the blender, so probably I will try to dissolute it before adding it.

Lemon one got a strong taste, even if I added only 100ml per 500ml of base. So I am thinking that lemon could be incorporated while heating or more sweetner is necessary to counter the flavor, or add some water to the lemon juice just to dilute it a bit.

Navigator said:
Lemon:
1 cup of lemon juice

I just made all three variations in one go, it very good :) Now

Lemon one got a strong taste, even if I added only 100ml per 500ml of base. So I am thinking that lemon could be incorporated while heating or more sweetner is necessary to counter the flavor, or add some water to the lemon juice just to dilute it a bit.
You may like to keep to one cup in total - adding lemon to taste and then topping up with water.

OK so I made something wonderful yesterday, and to be honest I didn't expect it to come out so well...

250g KerryGold Butter (pure irish) - 80g of Fat in the whole bar.
1/2 a bag of Cashew nuts (crushed) -6g of Fat & 2g Carb (also around 0.2g of Sugar from the nuts)
Around 1-2 tbsp of Desiccated coconut
Around 6-8 tbsp of Xylitol
& Teaspoon of raw cacao power! (Didn't want to ruin it with bitterness)

I got up this morning after putting in the fridge overnight and to me, it actually tastes like caramel, no kidding!

lilyalic said:
OK so I made something wonderful yesterday, and to be honest I didn't expect it to come out so well...

250g KerryGold Butter (pure irish) - 80g of Fat in the whole bar.
1/2 a bag of Cashew nuts (crushed) -6g of Fat & 2g Carb (also around 0.2g of Sugar from the nuts)

I got up this morning after putting in the fridge overnight and to me, it actually tastes like caramel, no kidding!

Sorry, made a mistake there. It should read

250g KerryGold Butter (pure irish) - 200g of Fat in the whole bar with 0.75g Carbs

Most people need to stay away from nuts, including coconut, at least for a period of time until they can be thoroughly tested for sensitivities.

While I can now do butter and even a tomato here and there, cashews are still mostly out for me. I can have a few, but it's easy to get hooked on them, and I think that's usually a sign not to eat them. They're also a bit high in carbs, so that might be some of the problem.

Renaissance said:
While I can now do butter and even a tomato here and there, cashews are still mostly out for me. I can have a few, but it's easy to get hooked on them, and I think that's usually a sign not to eat them. They're also a bit high in carbs, so that might be some of the problem.

I am noticing something similar. When first starting out (keto) butter would cause an instant drainage (or the next morning) down the back of my throat. Having tried regular butter a couple of times at some of the meetups recently I have noticed that I no longer get that reaction. Nuts on the other hand. There is just something about them where I am unable to eat just a few so avoidance is key in my case.

I will definitely try the new recipe. Sounds delish :thup:

P.S. Haven't tried to make a FB without coconut but it may be time to get on that judging from the experiences of others here.

Things have gotten pretty bad for me now, about a month ago I made a weeks batch of fat bomb with coconut cream in the ingredients (which was suspect at the time). It gave me diarrhoea the first day but I persisted eating it because I didn't want to waste any, making various excuses - consistently lying to myself and convince myself it was not the coconut cream, the obvious culprit.

Ever since that batch of fat bomb, I have had diarrhoea ever since :cry: I have tried all variations since then and have had no luck. My guess is that the coconut cream completely destroyed my gut and it has now increased sensitivity to egg yolks. I cut them out completely just 2 days ago and the problem seems to be clearing up, although this means no Fat Bomb for me now :O I had a look at the "No Eggs fat bomb" but I don't think I would like to use sunflower/soy lecithin.

So, I was experimenting earlier and I have come up with a new variation of the fat bomb (although it has more carbs :huh:)! It is for the people who are sensitive to eggs and do not have many carbs throughout the day. Here it is, the "Avofatbombacado"

Recipe:
150g chopped ripe avocado meat - 14.5 carbs, 22.5 fat
200g Butter - 160g fat
10g raw chocolate (100%cacao) or cacao powder - I use "Hasslachers" raw cacao bar chocolate.(carbs depends on which brand) 2.5g carbs, 6g fat
100ml warm water
1 sheet of leaf gelatine
roughly 4 drops stevia/xylitol/erythritol or to taste
pinch of salt
dash of vanilla

Method : Add 150g butter, the cacao and sweetener to a glass bowl and place bowl in a saucepan filled with hot water. While the ingredients are melting cover the leaf gelatine in water for a minute or two to soften. Next - place the gelatine in the in the melted butter and stir in with roughly 40ml of warm water, a pinch of salt and then leave for the moment.

Next place the chopped avocado in a food processor, add 30ml of warm water and blend for 30 seconds, the avocado should now look like a thick, slightly chunky paste. now add the melted butter mixture and vanilla to the food processor and blend for a further 20 seconds - it will now have a smooth texture. Finally add the last 30ml of water along with the 50g of solid (yet soft) butter left over. blend for a further 30 seconds/ 1 minute. Place in the fridge or the freezer and enjoy.

This makes 2 servings- One serving : 94g Fat and roughly 8 Carbs

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    550 KB · Views: 233
Renaissance said:

I have noticed some gut disturbance with cashews, but definitely not as much as when I have almonds! I'll be cutting all those kinds of nuts out for sure soon.
Never really had an addiction to cashews, it used to be Pistachio nuts! You're right in saying the addiction is usually a bad sign.

I just tried one of the first recipes Laura suggested -

Butter, coconut cream, xylitol, vanilla & egg yolks..

I didn't use any vanilla and used one tbsp of Coconut milk instead, used alot more xylitol than suggested (went a little overboard to be honest, as you do when you pour the packet over the pan haha) .. It tasted very very sweet! so after blending with ice, I added some freshly brewed coffee and further ice. Was lovely! :)

Hello Everyone, I'm wondering if anyone has recommendations for a Keto recipe book. Amazon has many and are very affordable for Kindle. I actually bought one for 99 cents called "Painless Ketogenic Diet Recipes for Lazy People". LOL! Tells you what kind of cook I am! Anyway, I'm a bit disappointed with it since it only lists the calories for each meal and not the proportions for fat etc. Recipes that don't require a lot of ingredients and prep time are my preference.

I must add, I'm totally new to this diet and just learning. I bought Maria Emmerichs' book "Keto-Adapted" at Laura's' recommendation and think its great, thanks for that, very informative. I'll need to continue my research before starting into this too much but have been decreasing sugars and grains on the way to eliminating them. Breads are already gone.

Thank you!

SummerLite said:
Hello Everyone, I'm wondering if anyone has recommendations for a Keto recipe book. Amazon has many and are very affordable for Kindle. I actually bought one for 99 cents called "Painless Ketogenic Diet Recipes for Lazy People". LOL! Tells you what kind of cook I am! Anyway, I'm a bit disappointed with it since it only lists the calories for each meal and not the proportions for fat etc. Recipes that don't require a lot of ingredients and prep time are my preference.

I must add, I'm totally new to this diet and just learning. I bought Maria Emmerichs' book "Keto-Adapted" at Laura's' recommendation and think its great, thanks for that, very informative. I'll need to continue my research before starting into this too much but have been decreasing sugars and grains on the way to eliminating them. Breads are already gone.

Thank you!

Maria E. has a couple of keto recipe books that could be interesting and her last one is a kind of the best of the best of his previous books.

What kind of lard do you use?
Here, we can only really get the really cheap lard (like 30-70p), and I'm quite suspicious of it. I've searched for grass fed products like this but there doesn't seem to be any.

Could I substitute the lard for beef dripping?

Back
Top Bottom