¿Is there any Emergency RD (Disaster and Recovery) - Backup System available?

Re: ¿Is there any Emergency RD (Disaster and Recovery) - Backup System available

jordifs said:
If you find my lecture-style peculiar, I understand. You can categorize me as a simple "geek" (or computer freak).
I didn't find it peculiar, it was just reminiscent of a style I have sometimes when running a "showing off" type of program, where the inherent feeling was boosting an inner consideration of boosting the ego.

To me, when I search and try to put it all together, just helps me a little bit.

It is a personal opinion, but sometimes when a topic opens questions and several threads with answers it becomes somewhat difficult to follow up. For instance, I think on
"Eíriú-Eolas - Breathing Program" (now with 60 pages).

I don't know really which is the forum behavior and if this event of changing the "subject" has some side-effect. If it does, no problem, I will not change it again.

jordifs said:
To me, when I search and try to put it all together, just helps me a little bit.

It is a personal opinion, but sometimes when a topic opens questions and several threads with answers it becomes somewhat difficult to follow up. For instance, I think on
"Eíriú-Eolas - Breathing Program" (now with 60 pages).

I don't know really which is the forum behavior and if this event of changing the "subject" has some side-effect. If it does, no problem, I will not change it again.

It is the forum behavior and yes it has some side-effects.

Thank-you.

Namaste said:

hmmm... I wasn't aware not to change the subject within a topic. I just posted one in the E-E topic 1 or 2 days ago and made the subject about effects of a CPAP machine.

Should I go back and edit the post to change the subject to match the others in the thread or would this be worse? I'll be glad to change it.

gaman said:
Namaste said:

hmmm... I wasn't aware not to change the subject within a topic. I just posted one in the E-E topic 1 or 2 days ago and made the subject about effects of a CPAP machine.

Should I go back and edit the post to change the subject to match the others in the thread or would this be worse? I'll be glad to change it.

If you can do so, it would be appreciated.

jordifs said:

I agree with jordifs point of view. Because I am experiencing the same time to time. For example, I searched for 'Time' concept with the Search function on the Forum. I got 34 pages of results and when I looked through each by each, I soon realized 'time' is too common word so I needed to go back to the Search and check 'Search in topic subjects only' box to narrow down hoping the thread topic may include 'Time' when it was created with the intention of discussing 'Time' concept. This time I got 5 pages of results. So I was able to follow them.

But there are still good probability that I missed important posts that spoke 'Time' concept. :(
So it is true by utilizing 'Subject' of the post and adding 'Search in topic and post subjects only' check box, it will help significantly for anyone to Search in the future.

I thought about 'side-effects' also. I imagined each post had a different 'subject' when I read a thread. And understood a possible confusion when reading the posts from where one can not see the top that states the 'subject' of the thread. But it can be overcome by individuals efforts to scroll-up to the top when one forgets the 'subject', I think.

Or there may be other 'side-effects' I can not think of now. In that case, do you mind to let me(us) know about what specific 'side-effects' in your mind?

Thank you in advance. :)

I must say that I used to a lil bit overparanoid before , but its changed now.
Try to look at it that way , If THEY turn off the light there will be no Internet anyway so we need to learn how to communicate on a different level.
I used to be very geeky if its about computers , to be honest i started to play with computers when i was 7 , and finally with a help that i got from this forum and various materials i realized that
Internet/computer is not most important thing i our life. It is important to network but not so literally - rather to work together as i see it.

Also I just wanted to add that I am maybe not an expert (rather self-taught) but if its about Gentoo , I am a user of it for 6 years now and know that it is not so secure as it used to be.
Thing is that its not source or distribution that makes it more secure (notice "more" word - it is never completely secure as long as it is connected to network because of human factor)
but rather a user or admin that manages it.

as an example with gentoo i can back it up by large recent release of security patches : __www.gentoo.org/security/en/glsa/

Its pointless to argue which distro or system is more secure or better but I just wanted to point out that nothing is secure and no one can make it totally secure. More secure YES - totally secure NO
On the other hand it is important to know what kind of dangers lurk in deep network and where are the pitfalls and that's why I like your posts because you simply showed few of those pitfalls so it makes us all more aware

Answer to: 'drygol'

1.- I do not agree with your comment:
drygol said:
If THEY turn off the light there will be no Internet anyway so we need to learn how to communicate on a different level.

I live thanks to banks. One thing is clear: the 50% of transactions are online today. It is a critical tool on a day to day basis to reduce costs, also as an strategic channel to interact with customers.
On another front a lot of government measures today in European Union are targeting Internet. One is that companies with services to transports food. It is precise in 2010+ to locate any vehicle via GIS (geospatial information system, geographic location). The reason is that any 'food crisis' (similar to crazy cows) must be stopped using these services (locating we're the food is, which truck, and which location). Companies on logistics business have a 24 hour margin to answer European Union inquiries. At the same on a 'stage 2' it is required to keep this service online via Web. So the government can obtain this data on real time. Recently a friend comments me that this is also happening with e-bill management and online availability. There is something targeting also on 2010+ to push companies to move on the e-bill. The goal is to eliminate paper forever. I think that in the long term goverment will request tax information and company expenses through an online service.

My humble opinion: the electronic net is here to stay, forever. The issue here is not shut it down, it is to control it.

2.- I do agree with your comment:
drygol said:
It is important to network but not so literally - rather to work together as i see it.

Nonetheless: I shared some comments here on this forum with a nice australian guy (about an herb and an online pharmacy). This is simply not possible without an electronic network.
Personal contact is great, I am starting to connects dots with several people in the real life. Perhaps my awareness is increasing. Nonetheless without Internet I cannot access most of you.

3.- I do agree with your comment about distributions and the mention of Gentoo.
drygol said:
about Gentoo , I am a user of it for 6 years now and know that it is not so secure as it used to be.

I am not an expert, but I trust on people that demonstrate me their higher knowledge in specific areas. A top security expert confirmed me that no system is secure (not even Gentoo). Nonetheless his recommendation was: Gentoo or Debian. And both with a very minimal installation, starting from scratch compiling old source code files known to have NO open bugs at all.

Hugs,
Jordi

I live thanks to banks. One thing is clear: the 50% of transactions are online today. It is a critical tool on a day to day basis to reduce costs, also as an strategic channel to interact with customers.
On another front a lot of government measures today in European Union are targeting Internet. One is that companies with services to transports food. It is precise in 2010+ to locate any vehicle via GIS (geospatial information system, geographic location). The reason is that any 'food crisis' (similar to crazy cows) must be stopped using these services (locating we're the food is, which truck, and which location). Companies on logistics business have a 24 hour margin to answer European Union inquiries. At the same on a 'stage 2' it is required to keep this service online via Web. So the government can obtain this data on real time. Recently a friend comments me that this is also happening with e-bill management and online availability. There is something targeting also on 2010+ to push companies to move on the e-bill. The goal is to eliminate paper forever. I think that in the long term goverment will request tax information and company expenses through an online service.

My humble opinion: the electronic net is here to stay, forever. The issue here is not shut it down, it is to control it.

I must say that I do agree with you on that. Govs are trying to put more control on internet. My totall shutdown I rather meant some kind of catastrophic event that may or may not occur - IMO it is always good to be prepared for every situation that may happen.

I am not an expert, but I trust on people that demonstrate me their higher knowledge in specific areas. A top security expert confirmed me that no system is secure (not even Gentoo). Nonetheless his recommendation was: Gentoo or Debian. And both with a very minimal installation, starting from scratch compiling old source code files known to have NO open bugs at all.

yup , and that's why I say that knowledge of it all can make it more secure not an operating system itself
Anyway , good talk :)

cheers :)

Back
Top Bottom