Is it a lion? Is it a tiger? It's a liger!

Mrs.Tigersoap

The Living Force
Don't know if this is the proper place to post this, so anyway here it is:

http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle/pets/galleries/animal_kingdom_oddities/animal_kingdom_oddities.html

I was amazed at the size of that animal! He must be eating tigers for breakfast :lol:!

Mrs.Tigersoap said:
Don't know if this is the proper place to post this, so anyway here it is:

http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle/pets/galleries/animal_kingdom_oddities/animal_kingdom_oddities.html

I was amazed at the size of that animal! He must be eating tigers for breakfast :lol:!

but a sprinter/runner he is not! Not with that torso and those legs :huh:

Edit: ...and head!

I want one for Christmas now !!
Or a spider-cat.

In any case it's really huge...or the woman is really small.

I'm not too keen on the idea of domesticating wild cats - much less hybridizing them. What were they thinking? That it would be a big attraction and bring money in?
From the looks of him, he seems like he's lost his wild spirit and has become a compliant cow. And that might be why his legs are so short.

Galatea said:
I'm not too keen on the idea of domesticating wild cats - much less hybridizing them. What were they thinking? That it would be a big attraction and bring money in?
From the looks of him, he seems like he's lost his wild spirit and has become a compliant cow. And that might be why his legs are so short.

Ligers give me the willies. With a regular tiger or lion knowing their behavior can give a caretaker or keeper a chance at being able to predict or at least avoid triggering a predatory reaction.

Ligers combine two very different predatory behavioral species...a lion: which functions in a pride type structure...and a tiger: strictly solitary predators unless its mating time.

Oy.

The photo might exaggerate the size of the animal a little, but not by much. They are massive, and because they are not normal in nature you can't feed one the same as you would a normal big cat. If you compare the physique of a normal lion and tiger in the wild to one in captivity you'll see the differences clearly.

I don't like any group that breeds these kinds of hybrid animals. Its a very bad idea, osit.

Gimpy said:
Galatea said:

Ligers give me the willies.
(...)

I don't like any group that breeds these kinds of hybrid animals. Its a very bad idea, osit.

Indeed. As above so below, and here we are copying 4D into creating new species. I think this is really sad.
The site shows a lot more interesting pictures, and number 53 shows another "creation". As it is written on the site, " genetically engineered monkeys whose hair roots, skin and blood take on a neon hue under a special light". What for???

It reminds me of this post where Corto added a link to a very interesting video that exposes what really is happening by breeding pedigree dogs. Shocking, and a real eye opener. The result of such prolonged genetic manipulation is a completely miserable life for some considered pedigree dogs.

Thanks for sharing this Mrs. Tigersoap.

Mrs.Tigersoap said:

or lions... :lol:

He's so big, he almost seams unreal :shock:... but he is sooooo beeuuuutiful.! Here kitty, kitty, kitty....

The other oddities are awesome, too. Can't wait to share with my kids, it'll be fun thing to do together.

Back
Top Bottom