Is gender a social construct?

I found this article on Sott most disturbing:

That a teacher would have the audacity to tell very young children that "girls are not real, and boys are not real," along with showing that perverse He, She, and They?!? video that also asserted "some people aren't boys or girls" and that those who do not feel like a "she" or a "he" might not have a gender - I'm really at a loss for words to adequately express my extreme consternation that something like this is actually happening for real!!! :nuts: Seriously, how far is this absurd gender fluid agenda going to be allowed to go by the majority of people who still have at least some grasp on reality? Which brings me to my next point - community values.

It seems like there was quite a lot of brouhaha surrounding community values sometime in the not too distant past, but my attempt to locate what I thought I was looking for came up empty. I did find the following which I think has pertinent parallels to whether local schools should reflect/connect to local community values:
“Do core values really matter?” Before I could pause to think I abruptly replied, “Yes, absolutely.” I had just finished giving a speech in Texas that touched on the topic of corporate values and one of the attendees had pulled me aside afterwards. Though sounding confident in the moment, that evening I began to reflect more deeply on that simple yet complex question.

For starters, it’s a reasonable question to ask, and it’s one that I’ve come back to often in my work with organizations of all sizes. I’ve since added to it, reflecting on questions such as these:
  • How can we know if a company’s values are a reflection of reality, or a contrived attempt to reinforce a façade?
  • Should company leaders be the sole source of a values statement? If not, who else?
  • Do companies have “unique” values, or do values overlap from one business to another? And if they do, does that matter?
  • If a company dresses its values in fresh, hip language spoken with bravado, have they actually created something different than the staid traditionalists?
  • What is the role of core values in an organization? How must companies adapt to the present landscape? And is a company’s values statement actually true?
The answer to that last question may be relative. For example, a particular values statement may be true for engineers but have no meaning for salespeople. Or it could fit well in the office, yet seem irrelevant in the field. That’s why creating a values statement is so difficult. It’s challenging to reflect a truth that is shared throughout the organization, particularly one that crosses every classic organizing force used for any group of people in history, from geography to socioeconomics, religious ideology, race, gender, education, favorite sports team, and more.

But that’s also why it’s so important to do it well, because core values are not a corporate declaration, but rather a community standard. Leaders who fail to understand this create “core values” that provoke reactions ranging from open skepticism to inward indifference – far short of a culture of momentum, purpose, and professional kinship.

In any community, values are extracted, lived, and felt – not scripted.
They come from what is shared and often unwritten; they create identity and belonging; and, together, they act as a compass. While they may also be aspirational, they don’t start from a list of sanitized terms or hipster buzzwords.
[...]
Values create a community where we agree about what matters

The push to create values statements grows out of the radical shift in how and with whom we interact each day. Until the 20th Century and the popularization of the automobile, the community of people that we lived with was the same community that we worked with. Therefore, company culture didn’t need to be defined because there was little disconnect between the values baked into the local community and those of the organization.

The lesson from those times is that community and culture are built around what we have in common, and it’s what we have in common that drives our core values.

A bit more relating to this:
Competences to Address SDGs in Higher Education—A Reflection on the Equilibrium between Systemic and Personal Approaches to Achieve Transformative Action
[Excerpt]
Lived Experience is described as the knowledge gained and obtained by people over time through their engagement with each other and the knowledge they generate through their actions. The concept connects experiential learning to action and recognises the social conditions of knowledge production and engagement. This lived experience is influenced by a diverse set of more enduring factors, such as gender, one's social class, one's education, local and regional values.

Major Disclaimer: The above was quite the slog through a whole bunch of educationalese (similiar to legalese): "In education, just like many other professions, we speak in educationalese where we use acronyms to explain how we are educating their child." Often, it comes across as word salad to the uninitiated. More importantly, this particular excerpt was in reference to the following: "These concerns and ideas have led to the introduction of the people-centred concept, The Lived Experience of Climate Change." In other words, the concept is coming from the educational platform into the community as to values instead of vice versa - at least that's the idea I thought was being expressed - which amounts to 'how to brainwash students without really trying'. This article was totally reflecting the current propagandist mindset as it was catorigized under Sustainability 2019, i.e. the Agenda 21/2030 key identifier.
Final report of culture education - Ministry of Human Resource Development
Government of India 2005

The development of the curriculum should be taken up with the involvement of local resources: human and otherwise. The curriculum should have sufficient flexibility to accommodate the hopes, aspirations, needs and culture of the local community.
How can community play an important role in providing suitable education and helping in the educational process?

Community is an informal and active agency of education. It is defined as a group of families settled together in a particular area with more or less common practices, ideals, ideas, values and culture. It is a dynamic form of organization for the betterment and progress of its individuals. It provides general and liberal from of education by socializing its members. There is also a better coordination between school and community and home and community.

Read more:
Democracy and Education; Schools and Communities Research Project
[Excerpt]
What would a school that conceives of itself as a democratizing force in its students’ education look like? We have attempted to outline some of the kinds of practices that would be enacted, particularly those that make explicit links between forms of community engagement and the manifest curriculum. There are other factors pertaining to the latent curriculum to consider that have a tremendous bearing on student learning. These factors include the extent to which students have a voice in school governance, the extent to which teachers collaborate and support each other, the kind of leadership modeled by school leaders, the level of thoughtfulness that the school board exerts and models for the rest of the community. Other factors include the existence of a common understanding among teachers, school administrators, parents, community members and students that the school is, first and foremost, a crucial part of the local community, and that as such, bears a responsibility for serving not only its students, but the entire community. Such service may come in the form of offering the school as a public place, where the entire community can gather for special events, such as in our example from Currier Memorial. This service may also entail supporting teachers and students in conducting projects that have a lasting and meaningful impact on the community, such as Cabot’s renovation project or Guilford’s community newspaper. This service may also come in the form of preparing students to be active citizens in their local communities and developing a sense of appreciation for the local culture.

The Democracy and Education; Schools and Communities Research Project, sponsored by the John Dewey Project on Progressive Education, is comprised of a series of case studies of schools that have attempted or are in the process of attempting to connect the school’s curriculum to the life of the local community.
So, not an alien concept to link the school curriculum to local community values and culture. That any educational system thinks it is perfectly OK to push this ridiculously insane notion that a human might not even have a gender or that girls and boys aren't even real onto highly impressionable and emotionally vulnerable children is beyond unconscionable!
The years between 6 and 14—middle childhood and early adolescence—are a time of important developmental advances that establish children's sense of identity.
Does anyone doubt that these questionable educators are unaware of the above fact?!!

Previous post - soooo funny! This post - mind numbing. And no, don't agree with title at all.
Transgender Man Switches Back To Female To Generate Eggs. Embryo Placed In Wife's Uterus — And Son With 'Two Genetic Fathers' Is Born.

[...]
The egg retrieval occurred at a fertility clinic, then the couple chose an anonymous donor to fertilize the eggs, after which they were frozen, the paper said, adding that Marlow immediately switched back to male.
In early 2015, one embryo was transferred to Leah's uterus, the Post said, and 6-pound, 3-ounce Arlo was delivered in October of that year.
“I thought my transition had cost me my fertility and the path to a family," Seth Marlow told podcast “Pregnantish," adding that staying a "confirmed bachelor" seemed inevitable before Leah came along, the paper said.

safe_image.php

Seth Marlow, 41, transitioned from female to male when he was 25 years old, but he swapped his testosterone for estrogen so his body would generate eggs again

And, if you read the article, 'he' had a period - how topical! So, all you transgender contemplaters on the fence about switching gears, do not fear! Your fertility will be just fine! And look - everyone's deliriously happy!!!

I guess this is an indication that the gaslighting has taken a quantum leap -
Men can get periods and have babies, ACLU declares

On Tuesday afternoon, the American Civil Liberties Union made an interesting claim on Twitter that is raising eyebrows across the social media platform:

The "men can get periods" and "men can get pregnant" arguments have been making the rounds among social justice activists for several years. Even corporations have supported these claims. Last month, feminine hygiene product company Thinx launched a national advertising campaign that depicted a world where men also get periods.
What does this mean?
Presumably, what the ACLU is saying is that people who were born as biological women and now identify as men, but maintained their feminine reproductive organs, can continue having a menstrual cycle. Apparently, this is scientifically possible, though, as a personal testimonial in Bazaar explained, transgender men can stop having their periods if they take hormones.
As a trans person closeted until 24, I had a very distant relationship with my body. Getting my period forced me to deal with it — and showed me the body type I was born with is a mind-blowing thing. My body had the capability to produce a human life and it can clean itself out! Alas, I haven't had a period in five years because I am on testosterone. Technically, I could take less testosterone, get a period and still look as masculine as I do. But ultimately, I chose not to have one. My gender dysphoria, which is eased through testosterone and surgery, outweighs my sentimentality toward my period.
Others maintain, however, that people who were born as biological males and identify as women can experience period symptoms:
Ashley's a 23-year-old trans girl who's been on hormone replacement therapy (HRT) for over a year. She takes a cocktail of the antiandrogen spironolactone and estradiol, a form of estrogen. About five months into her treatment, she began experiencing a predictable pattern of symptoms: First would come the soreness and swelling in her chest along with bouts of nausea; the next day, she'd endure painful abdominal cramping lasting minutes at a time, as well as constant nausea, hot flashes, dizziness, photosensitive migraines, and bloating. This cycle, she says, lasts for about six to seven days and repeats roughly every five weeks. If those symptoms sound familiar, it's because billions of cis women all over the world experience similar symptoms while menstruating.
'Who is saying this?'
In a recent episode on comedian Bill Maher's HBO show, conservative radio host Dennis Prager was mocked by a panel when he pointed out that some on the left are now claiming that men can get periods.
"These are giant left wing lies, to say that men can menstruate is a lie and that is now–check it out folks," Prager said.
"Where did that come from?" a laughing Maher asked.
"Just Google it, men can menstruate," Prager responded.
Clearly confused, the HBO host pressed Prager, "Who is saying this?" and asked the panelists on the program if they had heard of the claim.
The conservative commentator and founder of PragerU pointed out that tampons are now being distributed in men's bathrooms at the University of California Berkeley.
Maher countered, derisively, "Dennis, I remember in the old show you were a little more reasonable."

Sounds to me like Ashley is having PMS, period. :-P

But seriously, you know it's only a matter of time before this psycho-tripe becomes standard sex-ed instruction. Things are just getting too surreal!

Harry Miller, a former police officer, says gender-critical stuff on twitter, for instance that he doesn't believe trans-women are women. Someone tells the London police they fear for trans people in his workplace. Homicide police investigate him and open a crime report of investigation type "non-crime" (pic in the video at 3min). Officer tells Harry he committed no crime but that "I need to check your thinking". Harry finds out there is a standing order from homicide police that requires officers to check and challenge people's belief systems.

Harry's record now clearly states that he has committed a 'non-crime' 'hate incident'. The trouble is, if something is perceived as hateful, it is recorded as hateful. No evidence is needed. There is nothing you can do to change its status and it remains on your record permanently.

Harry wants his name cleared. As far as he is concerned, there was no hate and there was no incident. He is now taking Humberside Police to court where a judicial review case will look into whether the police are in breach of human rights.

The court so far appears to have retained sanity:

'Right to be offended' does not exist, judge says as court hears police record hate incidents even if there is no evidence
20 November 2019

The “right to be offended” does not exist, a judge has said, as the High Court hears that British police forces are recording hate incidents even if there is no evidence that they took place.

Mr Justice Knowles made the remark on the first day of a landmark legal challenge against guidelines issued to police forces across the country on how to record "non-crime hate incidents".

The College of Policing, the professional body which delivers training for all officers in England and Wales, issued their Hate Crime Operational Guidance (HCOG) in 2014, which states that a comment reported as hateful by a victim must be recorded “irrespective of whether there is any evidence to identify the hate element”.

Mr Justice Knowles expressed surprise at the rule, asking the court: “That doesn’t make sense to me. How can it be a hate incident if there is no evidence of the hate element?”

He added: “We live in a pluralistic society where none of us have a right to be offended by something that they hear.

“Freedom of expression laws are not there to protect statements such as ‘kittens are cute’ - but they are there to protect unpleasant things.

“Its utility lies in exposing people to things that they do not want to hear.”

[...]

So, a bit of push back(maybe) against the "Alphabet" take over that we have been witnessing.

This guy, Aaren Jagadeesh, is finally getting some attention. Hopefully more people will follow suit, and start reporting these incidents, especially if this turns things around a bit.

I snipped a few lines from a couple of articles, linked at the bottom.
It looks to me, like the Investigator for the Canadian Human Rights Commission was Biased towards the "Alphabet" group... :shock: :cool2:

Canada’s Federal Court has ruled in favor of a man who sued his employer over discrimination based on the fact that he’s not gay.

As reported by the National Post, straight man Aaren Jagadeesh filed a complaint on April of 2017, but the case was dismissed by the Canadian Human Rights Commission.[...]

Aaren had claimed his boss said he had “no hope” for a promotion unless he joined a “group” — the kind comprised solely of gay and bisexual dudes.

"At a one-on-one meeting with his manager on Sept. 15, 2015, Jagadeesh said he was told that every male manager in the office was gay or bisexual, and, unless he joined this “group” there was “no hope” for him, court heard."

Hello there. I come more and more on this... persons telling they are non-binary... neither she nor he, but, they...

Jacob Tobia
Tobia uses singular they pronouns.

Tash Sultana
Sultana is nonbinary and uses the pronoun they.

Arnaud Gauthier-Fawas

Let me transcript the video a little:

- presentator : why it have been so difficult to invite women here ?
- non-binary : i am not a man, mister...
- presentator : really ?
- non-binary : no, i don't know why do you think i am a man, but i am not a man.
- presentator : your appearance...
- really ? you should not confund gender identity and gender expression, because, if so, it's a bad start...
- presentator : ...
- non-binary : I'm not binary, not masculine, not feminine...
- presentator : how do you define yourself?
- non-binary : as non-binary.
- presentator : all right, but neither male nor female?
- non-binary : That's it.
- presentator : it doesn't solve the problem of women on the TV set.
- non-binary : Yes, but don't say there are 4 men on the set, because it's very gendered and very unpleasant.
- presentator : no no no, but I'm sorry if I've offended you...

the scene is cut, and then :

- presentator : Now he's gonna tell us he's not white...
- non-binary : Well, no, you're right, i'm half Lebanese ...
- presentator : Oh, well, okay...
- non-binary : no but it's interesting that we all question our own stereotypes around the table because even without asking me, you assume that I'm a man and then that i'm white. it's very interesting, how the boundaries of our own stereotypes can be... it's, in my opinion, much more fluid than you might think...

When i typed his name on duckduckgo (ah ah :-D ), i fell on the title of an article, "France reports record number of homophobic attacks"...
It made me think that this is not homophobic reactions, this is reality lover reactions, and, gender reality killers phobia instead!

@SunEterna

This is Arnaud Gauthier-Fawas. This is an activist.
He is the organizer of the French Pride parade and administrator of the Inter-LGBT organization. So he is doing his show for the TV and it worked.

The point is that minority are continually showed, at purpose, as more important than the mass. A way to divert from real problems.
Well, at a moment you got yellow vests in the street.

I have used at least an hour and a half of my time this morning trying to find any info about this murdered Transperson, Julie Berman.
Nothing earlier than 2017 under this name, "Julia Berman".

I suspect this death is being reworked by the Liberals (it's a Canadian News story) and the "Alphabet" group.

At 31 seconds into the video, the Transperson being interviewed says"...as well of course, the man who mugged her"

Trans activist killed in Toronto, two years after speaking out against anti-trans violence

My Niece, 30 years old and eldest daughter of my Brother, is a totally Mind Programmed advocate for the Pro-Trans Child mutilators.

During the last 2 years of her post-secondary education, she was totally brainwashed by her "Humanities Professor" and her indoctrination was horrifically successful....

She graduated last year from the University of Alberta, with a TEACHING DEGREE!

This person is a programed drone, in a position of power, programing children...
I have had several conversations with her in the past, and she admits that she has no interest and virtually NO knowledge in Biology or any of the Sciences in general... but, truly BELIEVES that kids should be mutilated as soon as they "identify" as "other"!!!

She is also the single mother of two sons.
The boys, aged 5 and seven, have different, absent, fathers.

She has stopped communication with pretty much all of the family. Her extreme views are NOT being accepted and she is being ignored or argued with by several of the relatives.
Facebook is the only way I see any new pictures or updates on the boys, and occasionally she posts articles.

She posted this article today:

Transgender children may start to identify with toys and clothes typical of their gender identity from a very young age, a recent study suggests.

And their confidence in their gender identity is generally as strong as that of cisgender children, whose identity matches their sex assigned at birth, researchers found.

Trans kids are showing strong identities and preferences that are different from their assigned sex,” lead author Selin Gulgoz said in a press statement. “There is almost no difference between these trans- and cisgender kids of the same gender identity — both in how, and the extent to which, they identify with their gender or express that gender.”

For the study, researchers interviewed 317 transgender children, ages 3 to 12, and 189 of the children’s siblings. They also interview 316 cisgender kids.

[...]
Researchers asked the children how much they felt like a boy or girl or something else. They also asked about preferences for toys and clothes that are stereotypically associated with one gender.

The transgender kids showed strong preferences for toys and clothing typically associated with their gender identity, not their assigned sex, the study found. Their preferences didn’t appear to differ based on how long they had lived as their current gender.

[...]
One limitation of the study is that all the transgender kids lived in families that affirmed their current gender identity, the study team notes. Their experiences might not reflect what would happen for transgender youth who lived in less supportive environments.

Researchers also only looked at children at one point in time. Gender expression or identity for some of them might shift in the future, or their level of support and affirmation might change.

[...]
The current study, Chipkin said by email, “helps to confirm the unique and separate reality of gender and how it is distinct from biological sex and socialization,” Chipkin added. “It supports the idea that gender is inherent and separate from biological sex which would seem to then come down on the side of nature as opposed to nurture.

Gucci introduces it's clothing vision aimed at men for the future.

This is what happens when you are put in a concentration camp and only were fed soy. The models look miserable, hollow and emotionless. Rightfully so, I be depressed and unhappy too if I was wearing those clothes. In 2020 according to Gucci you are a man if you wear women's clothes.

Schermafbeelding 2020-01-27 om 16.12.41.png

Exactly five years have passed since the world caught a first glimpse at what the new Gucci would look like under then-new (and unknown) creative director Alessandro Michele. Famously put together in a matter of days, the collection shook the fashion landscape to its core, ushering in a new era of gender fluidity and romanticism for menswear.

So for his Fall 2020 men's collection in Milan today, Michele boiled down his vision for Gucci to its essence. He wanted to capture the purity of childhood, back when carefree days weren't tainted by societal norms, particularly those relating to masculine ideals.

- Full article and pictures can be found here (Didn't wanted to include all pictures, since there are so many)

Last edited:
Gucci introduces it's clothing vision aimed at men for the future.

This is what happens when you are put in a concentration camp and only were fed soy. The models look miserable, hollow and emotionless. Rightfully so, I be depressed and unhappy too if I was wearing those clothes. In 2020 according to Gucci you are a man if you wear women's clothes.

That post brought me to remember having read this article some time ago:
Against Mishima
Sex, Death and Optics in the Dissident Right
ANDREW JOYCE

Mishima-1030x645-600x376.jpg

...Yukio Mishima was born Kimitake Hiraoka on January 14 1925, into an upper middle-class family. One of the first things that struck me about Mishima’s life, and especially his childhood, is that it has attracted swathes of psychoanalysts, the reason being that he is an important and visible example of what these writers perceive to be the link between oppressive and abusive childhoods, latent homosexuality, sadism, masochism, and authoritarian and fascist politics. Indeed, if one makes the argument that Mishima was in fact a fascist, then one begins to consent to some of the central theses of the Frankfurt School. Mishima certainly had a strange and psychologically distorting childhood, and I concur with Sadanobu Ushijima’s conclusion that it resulted in Mishima suffering most of his life from a personality disorder involving “recurrent episodes of depression with severe suicidal preoccupation.”

According to Henry Scott Stokes, in my opinion Mishima’s best biographer as well as being the only Westerner invited to his funeral, almost as soon as Mishima was born his grandmother (Natsuko) “resolved to take personal responsibility for his upbringing and virtually kidnapped the little boy from his mother,” raising the child almost entirely in her sickroom. Natsuko brought up Mishima “as a little girl, not as a boy,” and he was forced to stay inside, was prohibited with playing with most of his environment, and was told to be almost completely silent due to his grandmother’s complaints of constant head pain.https://www.unz.com/article/against-mishima/#footnote_4
After some years, his mother was permitted to take him outside, but only when there was no wind.https://www.unz.com/article/against-mishima/#footnote_5
There is some suggestion that he was beaten, or otherwise severely psychologically abused, with the result that he suffered a sequence of psychosomatic illnesses involving the retention of urine. There is also some suggestion of sexual abuse or “obscene” treatment at the hands of his grandmother’s nurse. Quasi-incestuous closeness in indicated by his later description of his grandmother as a “true-love sweetheart”, and on his death his mother described him as her “lover.”https://www.unz.com/article/against-mishima/#footnote_6
Mishima was generally regarded by those around him as “an unusually delicate child.”
[...]
-> Against Mishima

Back
Top Bottom