Iodine and Potassium Iodide

curious_richard said:
Mac said:
I am currently catching up on the thread. I have noticed several references to MCT oil and think I might try it.
MCT is short for medium chain triglyceride. Coconut oil is a good source. Refined coconut oil is cheaper, but extra virgin tastes better, in my opinion.
I have the impression that coconut oil is about 50% lauric acid, which is an antibacterial oil that's potent enough to be refined out of raw coconut oil and sold separately, while what remains is called MCT oil.

Lycurgus said:
I was extremely hesitant to post this but I hope talking about my use of iodine to treat Lymes doesn't detract from the thread, I know I seem to be very different to everyone else. Please don't take what I'm talking about as a suggestion for you to try if you don't have severe illness you will not need to even consider this. Everyone has different needs and handles detoxing differently.

[...]

This is not something I've done lightly I'm aware of the dangers of high doses and only intend this for short term use and any potential harm is far less than what any of the infections in my case have likely already done.

I only mention this in case in the near future people have to consider a higher dose to nuke some form of plague. I cant imagine anyone would ever need to go as far as i have but at least you now know someone else has waded out into deeper water.

Again please don't take this as a suggestion to try and make sure to research and read the entire thread.

Thank you for sharing Lycurgus.
I think it is very important that everybody feels okay to share their experiences on the forum. It should be possible to share experiences of taking large amounts of iodine/iodide, without fearing that other forum members will jump at it and try to scold the person for being foolish or careless.

It is for most if not all of us a new thing and thus in order to learn and gather more personal testimonies from which to evaluate it, it is important to have both good and bad experiences posted, from high and low dose usage.

The emotional component people have been talking about is interesting. A couple of weeks ago I experienced another flashback and my brain mostly went offline. I couldn't remember what day it was or what time I left for work, something that has happened before. The good thing is I did not completely check out with missing time. I seemed to be triggered by the smell of a real Christmas tree, the first in 30 years, plus anticipating spending Christmas with my sister for the first time in 40 years. I've been experiencing clusters of memories associated with this particular flashback. I've started seeing my EMDR therapist again. So maybe the iodine is helping me access more buried traumatic memories. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I've not had any real negative physical symptoms, just better energy and clarity, better sleep and chronic pains lessening although when I cut back I've had some twinges in my hands which is strange as I've never been prone to that arthritic kind of pain there, it's been in my right hip for the past year.

So thank you for talking about the emotional side of this protocol. In my case I think perhaps the iodine is helping increase my will and stamina to strengthen me enough to go deeper. I've been feeling rage that has been stuffed for 50 years, but in a way that is cathartic. I'm experimenting with taking 10 drops of the 2% Lugol's at the moment. The thiamine info is interesting. I take Thorne basic B, which has 110 mg of B1. I started taking it for the methyl form of B's over a year ago. Their supplements are so clean of crapola. I've been taking their magnesium citrate/malate for years. It's amazing how different everyone's experience is and thank you again, everyone for sharing!

Hi all. I started with 5% Lugols a little over 3 weeks ago with salt water before breakfast with initial 2 drops a day after breakfast and more salt water later in the day with 100 mcg selenium and Vitamin C. After muscle testing this weekend I am now taking 6 drops (about 37 mg.) since that is what the testing indicated I should be taking at this time.

I also felt I should be taking about that much even before testing because I worked for several years directly with mercury at a chemical plant in the late 70s and early 80s before it was removed from the workplace as it was part of my job to do so. I was also exposed to many other chemicals over the years there and the normal load of junk we are all exposed to such as Bromine and Fluorides, etc. I think I do not have any infection problem to abate but mostly need to get rid of these contaminants.

The only side effect I had was that in the first few days I had a very slight and very occasional headache which disappeared after that. No other problems at all that I could detect including any detox symptoms. No doubt it helped that I started off slowly.

I have had an irregular pulse problem for a few years now and I have discovered from the research presented on the Sea Salt that it is of great help with this problem and regularizes the heart beat. Since the first few days my pulse has now become regular and the problem seems to have totally disappeared. So much for the doctor's admonition to totally avoid salt! Um, I'm not going to tell my doctors because I don't want them to be having nightmares!

This is the first supplement regimen of any kind I have ever taken which has shown such dramatic improvement in how I feel in such a short time. It is difficult to say exactly 'how' I feel better as the effects are several and perhaps not even very evident by themselves, but when taken as a whole I have more energy, alertness and just feel so much better.

I am so grateful to all of you who have done so much research and experimentation on yourselves (and the C's of course) and shared all this information which has helped so many of us.

Perceval said:
Others have also mentioned feeling emotional as a result of the iodine. I don't think I mentioned it but the morning after my episode I cried pretty hard for a while, for the state of the world, the suffering and all things I had done to hurt others in my life. I still have some symptoms of my nerves feeling 'frayed' and periodic little emotional 'pangs'.

I'm trying to stay philosophical about it all, but it's pretty tiring to be almost continually stressed in this way. It's funny, but for most of my life I don't think I ever really knew what being "stressed" was. For sure I was stressed as often as anyone, but I don't think I ever really felt it or 'knew' it in a conscious way. Only others could see it in my behavior. I suppose that was a result of me being such a 'fast' person, fast thinking, always observing, noting and cataloging every little detail in my environment. For a lot of other people that would probably be 'stressful', but to me it was always just 'normal'.

Well, it's about the same thing for me and I'm still in that state.

Gandalf said:
Perceval said:
Others have also mentioned feeling emotional as a result of the iodine. I don't think I mentioned it but the morning after my episode I cried pretty hard for a while, for the state of the world, the suffering and all things I had done to hurt others in my life. I still have some symptoms of my nerves feeling 'frayed' and periodic little emotional 'pangs'.

I'm trying to stay philosophical about it all, but it's pretty tiring to be almost continually stressed in this way. It's funny, but for most of my life I don't think I ever really knew what being "stressed" was. For sure I was stressed as often as anyone, but I don't think I ever really felt it or 'knew' it in a conscious way. Only others could see it in my behavior. I suppose that was a result of me being such a 'fast' person, fast thinking, always observing, noting and cataloging every little detail in my environment. For a lot of other people that would probably be 'stressful', but to me it was always just 'normal'.

Well, it's about the same thing for me and I'm still in that state.

It seems that many people have not only physical but also mental detox

Gaby said:
That was quite a reaction. When there are large painful lymph nodes in the neck, plus fever and other symptoms, usually toxoplasmosis is suspected, but also flu, rubella, mumps, HIV, hepatitis A, mononucleosis (Epstein Barr virus), citomegalovirus... It is really crowded out there in terms of infections that produce these symptoms. It would be good to know if you test positive for any infection.

Hello.
Sorry for just replying about what i have, but i wanted to keep you and the others informed about the results of my blood test. I haven't seen the doctor yet, i'll call tomorrow. A lot of leukocytes, etc, and the test for infectious mononucleosis was positive!

Peace.

I'd like to know more about this muscle testing many of you guys are doing. Some books were mentioned in threads linked to from this thread, and I looked those up. But I'm not sure where I should start reading, since many new books have emerged on the subject. The name Jane Thurnell-Read was mentioned in an old thread, would her book(s) be a good start?

I'm gonna be a bit of a 'doubting Thomas' here, but considering the "non-scientific nature" of this muscle testing, how do you know you can trust the information you gain by this procedure?

SunEterna said:
Gaby said:
That was quite a reaction. When there are large painful lymph nodes in the neck, plus fever and other symptoms, usually toxoplasmosis is suspected, but also flu, rubella, mumps, HIV, hepatitis A, mononucleosis (Epstein Barr virus), citomegalovirus... It is really crowded out there in terms of infections that produce these symptoms. It would be good to know if you test positive for any infection.

Hello.
Sorry for just replying about what i have, but i wanted to keep you and the others informed about the results of my blood test. I haven't seen the doctor yet, i'll call tomorrow. A lot of leukocytes, etc, and the test for infectious mononucleosis was positive!

Peace.

It did sounded like mononucleosis from what you described. So it was a reactivation of a latent virus or a newly acquired infection. Your iodine dose was not high enough to kill the virus OR it could have been much worse.

We know from the vitamin C literature that mononucleosis requires the highest dose of vitamin C for some period of time. If anything, I would do titrating doses of vitamin C because it is well documented that it works in mononucleosis.

Let us know how it goes and if a specific virus was positive. Speedy recovery!

PERLOU said:
Merci pour tous vos partages si enrichissants...
Ce matin je trouve un article de Sott France que j'ai mis sur ma page Facebook :
http://fr.sott.net/article/27189-L-Iode-La-connaissance-cachee-qui-peut-changer-votre-vie
Je me suis commandé ce Matin sur Amazon du Charbon Marie :
http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B002BK4D96?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=od_aui_detailpages00
Et du NAC :
http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B00068GKC8?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=od_aui_detailpages01
Je verrais bien ce que cela donnera...

Thank you for all your shares so rewarding ...
This morning I found an article in France Sott I put on my Facebook page:
http://fr.sott.net/article/27189-L-Iode-La-connaissance-cachee-qui-peut-changer-votre-vie
I ordered it on Amazon Morning of Marie Coal:
http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B002BK4D96?psc=1 redirect = true ref_ = od_aui_detailpages00
And NAC:
http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B00068GKC8?psc=1 redirect = true ref_ = od_aui_detailpages01
I would not mind that it will give ...

Sur ma page Facebook, Dominique me fait savoir que cette formule serait meilleure, je la commanderai lors de ma prochaine commande :
Pour les Français : http://www.amazon.fr/Jarrow-Formulas-Sustain-comprim%C3%A9s-bicouches/dp/B0013OVVK0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1450863248&sr=8-1&keywords=Nac+Sustain
Pour ceux qui parle Anglais : http://www.amazon.com/Jarrow-Formulas-Sustain-600mg-Tablets/dp/B0013OVVK0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1450853666&sr=8-1&keywords=n-a-c%20sustain
Et aussi : Jarrow est une bonne marque. Deux autres marques que j'adore: Life Extension et Enzymatic Therapy
Si cela peut aider...

On my Facebook page, Dominique told me that this formula would be better, I will order for my next command:
French : http://www.amazon.fr/Jarrow-Formulas-Sustain-comprimés-bicouches/dp/B0013OVVK0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8 qid = 1450863248 sr = 8-1 keywords = Nac Sustain
English : http://www.amazon.com/Jarrow-Formulas-Sustain-600mg-Tablets/dp/B0013OVVK0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1450853666&sr=8-1&keywords=n-a-c%20sustain
And also: Jarrow is a good brand. Two other brands that I love: Life Extension and Enzymatic Therapy
If it helps ...

Mac said:
I have noticed several references to MCT oil and think I might try it. Is there a specific brand name that it would be best to look for.?

Hi Mac,

I find the ones from Trader Joe's to be excellent. Both in quality & price. The product is cold-pressed and unrefined. About $6 for a 16 fl oz jar. And because it is priced so low, some stores have a two jar purchase limit.

I use this stuff everyday, convinced of its memory enhancing quality. (See Dr. Mary Newport.) I also have lots of rosemary in my study for the same purpose.

FWIW.

Gandalf said:
Kay Kim said:
Dr. Brownstein's Holistic Medicine website( drbrownstein.com ) is selling Ebook/pdf form. Iodine: Why You need it, Why You can't Live Without it.

This Ebook contained Dr. Brownstein's latest research about iodine and each chapter has been updated to provide all new information on the importance of iodine. The price is $15.00

But have to read using Adobe Digital Editions or software that is compatible with Adobe DRM.

And my iPad is not working with Adobe, from my previous experience. So I am waiting this Thursday to get laptop that my son promise to give me. Thus I will buy the iodine Ebook this Thursday

I bought the ebook and once you have opened it with Adobe, you can read it after that on your kindle or other devices.

i checked for this book but they say that it is not available for Kindle. Is that so?

Just to say also that we started at home one drop by day of Lugol, this week the rest of minerals will be available to take. I did not finish this extraordinary long thread. But I wanted to start and I think start with one drop is ok. We were taking since one month Potassium Iode. I wanted to thank eveybody for all the information and insights you are giving, your help, your dedication in this subject. Thank you so much. This subject of Iodine is really like a gift. And evidently when you ask for iodine anywhere, specially to nature stores where they "have all the answers for a good health", nobody, absolutely nobody knows about iodine and they don't have it. And they look at you with a blank eye.

Thank you!

Gaby said:
OR it could have been much worse.

We know from the vitamin C literature that mononucleosis requires the highest dose of vitamin C for some period of time. If anything, I would do titrating doses of vitamin C because it is well documented that it works in mononucleosis.

Let us know how it goes and if a specific virus was positive. Speedy recovery!

Could have been worse? If i took more iodine? Because the fight would have been more intense? :D

Titrating doses?

I try to help the liver too.

Peace.

Aragorn said:
I'd like to know more about this muscle testing many of you guys are doing. Some books were mentioned in threads linked to from this thread, and I looked those up. But I'm not sure where I should start reading, since many new books have emerged on the subject. The name Jane Thurnell-Read was mentioned in an old thread, would her book(s) be a good start?

I'm gonna be a bit of a 'doubting Thomas' here, but considering the "non-scientific nature" of this muscle testing, how do you know you can trust the information you gain by this procedure?

I have had the muscle testing done on me years ago by a kinesiologist. He used it for chiropractic corrections and to help with other problems I was having and how to correct them with supplements, or whatever was needed.

I've told on the forum before how my ankles were very weak. And this was when I was much younger. He tested me and found that I was very, very low in potassium. He checked how much I needed per day and sold me the potassium supplements. After taking the supplements, my ankles became stronger and I have not had any problems with my ankles since.

I have also demonstrated to others where I worked at how our bodies react to poisonous (to our bodies) substances with the muscle testing. I am quite sure that it really works.

However, I do not think that the self-testing works. I looked into it just recently, tried it and was very disappointed with it. It just plain did not work.

I have no books, nor links, to suggest, but just wanted you to know of my experience with it.

SunEterna said:
Could have been worse? If i took more iodine? Because the fight would have been more intense? :D

Titrating doses?

I try to help the liver too.

Peace.

Mononucleosis is caused by a virus and iodine is an anti-viral. Perhaps your dose was good enough for detox purposes, but not for fighting viruses.

Here is more information on titrating doses of vitamin C:

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,13208.0.html

A couple of summaries here:

_http://www.doctoryourself.com/titration.html

_http://orthomolecular.org/library/jom/1981/pdf/1981-v10n02-p125.pdf

People who are sick with mononucleosis tolerate a lot of vitamin C before they reach bowel tolerance. It is a very debilitating disease.

Back
Top Bottom