International Congress on Nutrition

Joan

Dagobah Resident
FOTCM Member
Yesterday started the week of the International Congress on Nutrition. I will provide the link below to the webpage outlining the theme of the conference but here is a brief synopsis of the theme from the website

The main theme of ICN 2009 is “Nutrition Security for All”. In a world that has both the knowledge and the resources to combat hunger, the 19th International Congress of Nutrition will provide innovative solutions to the present and future challenges of securing the need for safe and adequate food supply, delivery of basic nutrition and health services, thereby improving the quality of life of peoples and communities around the world.

Some of the sponsors of the Conference which is in Thailand are Kraft, Amway, Nestle, Coca cola,
Weyeth which is one of the producers of baby formulas, this strikes me as a contradiction when discussing nutrition especially with the involvement of global corporations.

http://www.icn2009.com/

The next link is where you can access a weblink of the symposiums after they have taken place and there are only two for the whole 7 days. There is also a link where if interested you can post a question to panelists to be discussed, but this is only for the Wed symposium on October 7th.

http://hugin.acnnewswire.com/article.asp?art_id=25340&lang=1

As the news bulletin says Nestle has a major presence, similar to the major presence in the supermarkets where we buy groceries, all in the middle aisles the "forbidden foods" of good nutrition.

I can't find any representation from nutritional microbiologists, (from my understanding they look at the how different elements in nutrition combine together and interact with each other). But I guess Nestle has there own molecular biologists (my understanding that they reduce elements of nutrition to there most effective ingredients).

Anyway thought I would post this in case a forum member would be interested in posting a question. My thought is also what will the PTB have in mind at the end of this conference and just what are they up to in the remaining 5 days that are not webcast for public consumption.

Back
Top Bottom