Intake balancing act

Steve M.

Jedi Master
I wanted to start this topic for a couple of reasons - 1) for me. 2) to talk about a few areas I'm not familiar with, which might come up through feedback from others. To learn.. which I guess is for me as well.

Over the last 7-10 days, since certain consumption was brought up elsewhere, I've going working over the Diet and Health topics here on the forum and adding things here and there to my supplement intake.

Currently, outside of a multivitamin I've been taking: Colloidal Silver, Manganese, Magnesium Citrate, Gaba, Fish Oil, Zinc, B-Complex, Potassium, Vit. C, Lecithin, Malic Acid, Vitamin E, Garlic daily and Calcium, Copper and Hawthorn root every other day. Of these I take 1 capsule/pill per day. I believe Laura, for example, must be doing about 4-6 fish oils a day.

What I'm curious about is what would others add or take away?

Last Monday I ordered a Far infrared blanket, but it turns out that it won't ship until tomorrow (Tuesday) for some odd reason, nor arrive until next Tuesday. I'm not yet making shakes, but have the intention to, at least once a week at minimum. My wife is a vegetarian who is into many of these things, or has expressed great interest.

One thing I found out on Sunday, which had occurred before is I can't take the vitamins too fast or I get really bad stomach issues. Which I didn't understand after an issue a couple of weeks ago when I took them too fast, was on an empty stomach, and ended up in bed for the whole day from stomach cramps - from hell I might add!

Yesterday I missed out on taking anything and noticed a slight edge in being more easily frustrated. Slightly less energy. But not at all how I've been in the past when there was no build up of energy/nutrition at all.

While I know many of these things have been discussed, I'm mostly trying to get a measure of how I'm doing thus far. Maybe I've misread some things or need to take more of, for example Vit. C. . I'm a smoker, A+ blood type and mostly a meat eater, sugar consumer and rather crappy at avoiding unhealthy foods. This has been changing over the last 10-12 months, but I'm looking to keep at increasing my nutritional intake and taking all processed foods out of my diet quite soon.

So what are some things some of you are doing, avoiding, trying on for size? What would you add or take away from the above?

Balberon

Edit: Thought I might add a little more info. I'm in my early 40's. I'd say I'm slightly overweight, around 185 and 5' 8" tall. A doctor might think the height weight is proportional, I've got a little fat around the waste line. To me my ideal weight is around 165-170. My skin is fair, for a spotted (freckles) person.

Hi Balberon

Can I first point out this thread that you may have missed?
Comments and Warnings About Diets and Supplementation
Having done the anti candida diet last year (before it was brought up here) it worked a treat (my energy levels went up!), but I must have got part of it seriously wrong as I ended up loosing weight (not good for me because I'm skinny already!) and having some nasty mood swings (both linked together). So that was my lesson in the importants of getting the research right.

Fortunately my energy levels haven't dropped back too far since then, so I'm using my new energy and taking it steady and changing my diet (slowly!) and monitoring progress.

I also use to take lots of supplements, but again for the above reason I knocked it on the head....I noticed that after a few weeks of Lots of pills I would feel worse than before.....stopping made me feel better.

I think in this thread there is some information on products that may be added to supplements that is actually harmful to you.
Its also worth looking up the Herxheimer reaction _http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herxheimer_reaction because you may experience it if you over do things.

Balderon said:
What I'm curious about is what would others add or take away?

That all depends on what problems your having.....
Although the information on here is pretty universal, everyone is an individual with individual needs. So everyone will probably come at there own health issues in a different way. Comparing what others are doing is useful only to a point.
More important however is Why they are adding/removing things from there diets. Context is the key.

I could share what I'm taking at the moment for example, which includes colloidal silver. You may then conclude its ok to continue taking it. What would be missing is the context that I'm using it to help ward off a rather nasty cold, and will stop using it once its gone.

If your looking for answers, then depending on what problems your having check through the threads and see what symptoms match, what to avoid (soy, MSG, sugar etc) and then check out the books that are brought up.

Detox or Die
The Magnesium Miracle
The Fat Resistant Diet

These are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.
As Laura would say, research research research.
In the end only you can decide what you should be adding/avoiding.

Hopefully that has helped answer your questions a bit. :)

Hi RedFox,

RedFox
Hopefully that has helped answer your questions a bit. Smiley

Certainly, somewhat. Been ploughing through the threads here and trying to get more info and will go over the links you shared. Think I'm trying to go with the habitual easiest route.

I can't honestly say I'm having any physical problems. But I am around toxins consistently. Working on computers, dealing with dust and sediment, New parts, though plastic coated heat up and give off smells. There's also the occasional burn up (motherboard, power supply.. goes out).

I'd like to have more energy and change my intake into a more cleansing (detoxifying) one.

RedFox
As Laura would say, research research research.

Looks like more is due.

1,000 thanks for your time, it is very much appreciated!

Balderon said:
I can't honestly say I'm having any physical problems. But I am around toxins consistently. Working on computers, dealing with dust and sediment, New parts, though plastic coated heat up and give off smells. There's also the occasional burn up (motherboard, power supply.. goes out).

I'd like to have more energy and change my intake into a more cleansing (detoxifying) one.

I've got a few suggestions to get you started in this case (while you do the research and see what fits best). As you have no physical problems, don't worry about putting the time into research.

Drinking lots of water and making sure you have regular bowel movements means you are detoxing naturally. The trick then comes in how many toxins your adding to your body (diet mostly, then environment), what is inflaming your body and causing toxins to hang around (diet again/anti inflammatory), what toxins are hanging around causing/due to chronic health conditions (requiring serious detox and major changes).

You can probably drop most of the supplements you've listed so far. Although fish oil, magnesium, zinc and garlic are probably ok as long as you don't go overboard (keep an eye on headaches, fatigue levels, unusual pain/symptoms and back off taking them in need be), and take a break from them occasionally too.

Cut out all the bad stuff you can from your diet (milk/dairy, processed foods, sugar, MSG/soy , and wheat if possible etc)...as you read through this section make a list of bad things to be avoided (including the things they add to vitamin pills that should be avoided)!!
This will help reduce the biggest source of toxins, and inflammation. It can take time to change your diet, but as long as you know why your changing it your onto a winner :)

Have a read through the Anti-Candida, Inflammation, Heavy Metals Detox and Diet thread and have a go at the shake suggested, this will get you well on the way to detoxing (remember that Laura has been/is suffering from chronic health conditions so her detox thread was designed with that/her in mind).

Also have a look at the Healthy Eating Cookbook.

This is a good way to start things, and combined with the reading here and the books suggested (in this thread and others) will get you on track.

*edit* Actually, can you request a filtered mask for work too? This may help deal with any toxic fumes, as depending on what country your in it may actually be health and safety law to have one when dealing with toxic fumes.

Back
Top Bottom