Ides of March

Another handsome look alike candidate - George Hamilton:

234ef71348e8e634b26070271f5965f5.jpg

los-angeles-ca-george-hamilton-is-an-american-film-and-television-actor-his-notable-films.jpg

But really, Wikipedia has this for his image:

240px-Retrato_de_Julio_C%C3%A9sar_%2826724093101%29_%28cropped%29.jpg

And this posthumous one, made of green slate:

220px-Caesar-Altes-Museum-Berlin.jpg

From the other thread, I thought this captured a realistic look:

EPHcPKVW4AE3Q3J

Laura liked the Arles bust that Julius Caesar himself acknowledged was a correct likeness of his younger self at 43 - and yes, he had dark brown, almost black eyes:

509px-jules_cesar.jpg

Acknowledged, too, the resemblance to Ark and Putin!

Yes, the PTB doesn't like him and to reinforce their dislike, PBS is launching a new series to cement vilification of who he was - show description in today's paper:

Julius Caesar: The Making of a Dictator
The dramatic story of how nearly five centuries of ancient Roman democracy was overthrown in just 16 years by one man is at the heart of this new historical miniseries. In the first episode, Julius Caesar (Andonis Anthony) enters into dangerous alliances and bends the rules to get his way.

And just after Easter, too.

The PTB don't like him because they are afraid of him and what he represents (osit).

PBS is launching a new series to cement vilification of who he was - show description in today's paper:

Interestingly enough, after PBS's debut of their version of Julius Caesar yesterday, Turner Classic Movies has picked Marlon Brandon as the Star of the Month in honor of the centennial of his birth, April 3, 1924. Now, of all the movies of his they are going to feature including Julius Caesar, an image of him as Mark Antony was what was chosen to accompany the What to Watch TV blurb in our paper. I was unable to copy the exact image, but it's this one with the left arm cropped about the elbow:

0077951-FILM-JULIUS-CAESAR-1953-Marlon-Brando-as-Marc-Antony-in-a-still-from-the-1953-production-directed-by-Joseph-L-Mankiewicz.jpg

The paper has "Julius Caesar" MGM under this photo, so one could think he played that part - I know I did till I saw otherwise when I found the above image indicating Mark Antony. I haven't seen this movie, but a brief description:
Brutus (James Mason) is convinced by a scheming band of Roman senators, led by Caius Cassius (John Gielgud), that his dear friend Julius Caesar (Louis Calhern) intends to dissolve the republic and install himself as monarch, and he joins a conspiracy to assassinate him. Brutus stirringly defends his actions, but when Mark Antony (Marlon Brando) responds with a speech that plays upon the crowd's love for their fallen leader, a battle between the two factions is assured.
And the trailer:

The film is based on Shakespeare's play that wasn't found, I believe, to be favorable by the forum although maybe not as bad as what PBS is presenting.

Since we’re posting pictures of Caesar, I thought I’d share an album cover I did for a band called Fool’s Errand. They’re a Christian hard rock group (hence the album title). The idea was to put Caesar’s face on a blood moon. Anyway like I said, I thought I’d share.😊IMG_1632.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom