I dreamt of my death

aurora

Jedi Master
The other night I went to sleep very late, about 3:30 AM and a couple of hours late woke up from this very vivid dream. I am in a residential apartment, I stand in front of the elevators and a lot of people are going up. So I wait my turn. Then a friend and I get in. The elevator starts going up then starts shaking, then I sense that it might fall down. I find this cable hanging from a corner and I think of holding it to suspend myself in order to prevent the shock of the fall. But all of a sudden the elevator stops, my friend has disappeared, and somehow I sense that I have died. I get out of the elevator, outside the apartment, there are children playing outside. But there are no colors - it is like a black and white film. I have something in my hand that I want to put in a trash bin so I ask the children where the trash bin is. A child shows one which is too far away. Then the awareness that I have died sinks in and I say to myself: I have not even said good-bye to my son and feel depressed. I also think about 4th density and think that I have not made it. I woke up with an ache ( a pressure) at the top of my head and could not go back to sleep. This type of dream is a first for me although I had a couple of dreams about deaths of people I knew which turned out to be true.

aurora said:
The other night I went to sleep very late, about 3:30 AM and a couple of hours late woke up from this very vivid dream. I am in a residential apartment, I stand in front of the elevators and a lot of people are going up. So I wait my turn. Then a friend and I get in. The elevator starts going up then starts shaking, then I sense that it might fall down. I find this cable hanging from a corner and I think of holding it to suspend myself in order to prevent the shock of the fall. But all of a sudden the elevator stops, my friend has disappeared, and somehow I sense that I have died. I get out of the elevator, outside the apartment, there are children playing outside. But there are no colors - it is like a black and white film. I have something in my hand that I want to put in a trash bin so I ask the children where the trash bin is. A child shows one which is too far away. Then the awareness that I have died sinks in and I say to myself: I have not even said good-bye to my son and feel depressed. I also think about 4th density and think that I have not made it. I woke up with an ache ( a pressure) at the top of my head and could not go back to sleep. This type of dream is a first for me although I had a couple of dreams about deaths of people I knew which turned out to be true.
Did you say this, because you are afraid to die now? just because you were dreaming that you died?

I will tell you my analyze about your dream and hopefully it will help you somehow.

I think the elevator means progression, and somehow you are stuck at some level, the thing in your hand for example which you could not trow away because the trash bin was to far , maybe means that you think you are finished with something, but actually you are not so it's still a far way, it can really be anything it can be emotional,physical, name it. (the friend that dissapeared could maybe mean that it is about a family member or something maybe?)

you think you have not made it to 4d, you think like that because you have doubts, you are confused , but I guess its a part of this process ''having doubts'' try to think about 3d and the lessons here , maybe something will pop :)

dreaming your own death can also mean that you will change of job,relationships,moving out etc, try to see if you find some connection with your dream and real life.

I hope this will help you a bit.

Sounds like you just had a classic OBE dream (Out of Body Experience) – of course, at the end of the day, you are the only person capable of interpreting your subconscious messages.

In general, you will be looking for archetypical meaning of objects and actions. This is where mythology will come in handy. Some people find dream almanacs useful.

Because I am not talking about my dream, please don’t just accept any of this and make an effort to investigate further.

Elevators are generally indicators of ethereal separation and the ascension of your spirit from the physical body. Some people dream about going through chimneys (both have happened in my personal experience).

If you look into the medieval witchcraft iconology, you will notice that witches always departed on their broomsticks via chimneys to gather at Sabbaths. Same thing really – except the imagery is symbolic of the ethereal body separating with the physical body.

The vivid nature of your dream would indicate that you were conscious during the process which is great. Sounds like you might enjoy Melatonin.

In general death has a less grim symbology – both in tarot and dreamtime lore. It’s about rebirth really, change and movement past challenging situations. Sounds like you have done some serious work and your inner-self is letting you know that.

Because your friend was there, I would attach some importance to that as well. Why your friend never made it as far as you would probably mean something too.

I’ll take a blind stab – you are having issues with your “friendᾠ. Perhaps pouring it all out in the open will cleanse you in a meaningful way…

Hi aurora,
I am no one to interpret other people's dreams (I am not even able to interpret my own dreams, let alone others...) but the description of your dream suggested me a few ideas:

It could be a dream of death, but it could as well be a 'memory' from a past incarnation/birth.

In this line, your friend could represent your twin soul or someone with whom you built a strong connection in a past life or in another level of existence. Once you incarnated in this (next?, previous?) density you get separated.

The thing you hold in your hand may represent attachments you need to let go in order to progress. The fact that you are reluctant to walk all the way to the trash bin may be an indicator in this direction since we all know how difficult it is to let go of past attachments.
Which makes me think that this attachment could have something to do with your wish to make it to 4th Density.
I have always had the intuitive knowledge that the desire to get 'there' is what actually prevents us from being 'there'.

As Antonio Machado, Spanish poet, once wrote:
"Caminante no hay camino, se hace camino al andar" which loosely translates as
"Traveller, there is no path, you make your path as you walk."

Well, I want to put a more positive spin on it. :D Stop living like you are dying or dead already?? Life is not about living in a black and white world where the only people who can 'see' you (and I can't figure out how they CAN 'see' you anyway; if you're supposed to be dead?) are children. One of which tells you where a trash can be located... and even that is too far away! :o

I think your dream is telling you that you are depressed (not surprising you feel 'dead'?). There is a lack of colour in your life, you have 'lost' your friend (in the lift) and you are unable to communicate this sense of depression to your child - which as it happens, may not be necessary as it seems in your dream children have the ability to 'see' you even when you feel 'dead'. Perhaps you also feel disconnected from your son or you don't want him to 'see' under these circumstances?

Anyway, I don't think its a dream about death as such. It seems more like a dream about depression to me.

This may mean that you should take a step back and try and locate the thing which is causing this depression. You also need some colour back in your life and you need to reconnect with real people (not the black and white ones) and your family (son).

Bear in mind that your dream can be telling you many different things within the same dream and also simultaneously.

Sometimes I think that particularly shocking or depressing dreams are just your subconscious's way of 'putting you on notice', or perhaps, making a point. Your subconscious knows that you are not likely to ignore this and so, has 'communicated' sucessfully. ;)

I once dreamed my own death three times in a row. What actually happened was I divorced my ex and married Ark.

So, maybe it is a portent of the beginning of a new life?

:) Same here. I have died in a dream, later my relationship has ended, and that's served as a base to start waking up.

In south Slavs (Serbs, Croatians . . .) tradition, dream about somebody’s death is always a good one, and predicts good health for the person who died in dream, and also fresh beginnings, and there is also a saying and goes something like this: “Be happy, you will live longer life, you died in my dream"

Avala said:
“Be happy, you will live longer life, you died in my dream"
But then, there are people I have dreamed about their deaths - and they actually died as I dreamed it. And others I dreamed about who didn't die and nothing in particular happened. So it's always a mixed bag with dreams.

Laura said:
Avala said:
But then, there are people I have dreamed about their deaths - and they actually died as I dreamed it. And others I dreamed about who didn't die and nothing in particular happened. So it's always a mixed bag with dreams.
And in that same South Slav dream explaining tradition rotten teeth are reserved for the death, if you have some rotten tooth in your dream, you will be sick, and if tooth fell out of your mouth someone who you know will die. Grey mice are for poorness, seems that tradition and traditional stories,dream explanations corresponds a lot to the circumstances that the nation lived in history.Thats for “good old traditional ways (explanations)" I think it's a mixed bag with everything . . . .

Avala said:
Laura said:
Avala said:
And in that same South Slav dream explaining tradition rotten teeth are reserved for the death, if you have some rotten tooth in your dream, you will be sick, and if tooth fell out of your mouth someone who you know will die.
About 4 years ago in a few months, I had many variations of the same short dream: I walking on the crowdly street and spit out my teeth in huge quantity, about hunderds.

It was quite disturbing, but it seems that dont mean nothing significant, at least not till present days.

Thank you all for your interpretations. Sorry, I could not reply earlier as I was busy making translations with a deadline. Actually now I do not remember who my friend was in the elevator but it was a woman for sure from highschool. Also I do not remember exactly what was in my hand that I wanted to throw away - it could be a water bottle. Another note I am afraid of falling down in an elevator, it is not a phobia or anything but I would not want to die like that.

My mother also told me that I will live longer, here they also say that the opposite will happen.

Anyway I told of this dream to my sister and after a while she brought the subject to why we as siblings were not close enough. This is an issue that should be solved but she is still busy blaming my father (I was the first child and more precious for my father) and she was very jealous of me. I replied that we cannot un-change the past and that we had these experiences as lessons and that I was willing to visit her to discuss these. Maybe I was thinking of her before this dream, I do not remember exactly but this had been on my mind for some time. She is my only sister and actually I love her although she has been pushing back me, my mother for the past year or so while she had a thyroid operation for capillary type cancer. They took the whole gland and lack of natural thyroid hormones made her really nervous (she is taking hormeone pills) and now she is not working and contemplating about her life.

Another thing which I observed. I have hypertension and I'm on medication and I was not taking any salt. But lately I started taking some salt and what I observed is that either I am dreaming more or I am remembering my dreams more.

Back
Top Bottom