Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT): General information and discussion of Home Units

I take liposomal C /ALA combo first thing in the morning then NAC after breakfast and intending to do dives in the evening - i think it will still be effective. I think antioxidants late in the day may affect the sleep.

Myopia is not big concern as it seem transitory and mild however lens opacity i.e cataract may be of concern but most of these studies agree its rare and only one mentioned the pressure level - it was 3 ATA.
ahh the holy trinity r-ala, nac, vit C

c may worsen sleep by increasing norepinephrine but i thought NAC was calming

worth mentioning melatonin as an antioxidant too

Good news about my zoy chamber. My friend was able to solve the problem and I gave it a dry run and it seemed to work fine as well as the oxygenator. The fuse on the inside was switched off and that is something I would never have known nor would I dare open the unit because I have no idea about electronics.
I would just like to ask from those of you who have the zoy system, what readings should be showing on the inner and outer gauges when the chamber is filled and also on the oxygenator. Perhaps pictures of the readings if that is convenient. I am no techie by any means, so I would feel more confident getting into it with all the readings showing correctly. :-)

On the oxygen generator there's a "volume knob" you can turn to increase/decrease the oxygen flow. When the OG is off, the little ball in the measurement glass tube will be lying on the bottom of the tube. When you turn it on, it should float upwards depending on oxygen pressure. Adjust the knob so that the ball is a tiny bit above 5.

As for the inside gauge, when fully pressurised it should read 1.5 (halfway between 1.4 and 1.6) if you have the same gauge that I do and it's a 1.5 ATA chamber. Today is an HBOT off day but I'd be happy to send pictures tomorrow.

I would just like to ask from those of you who have the zoy system, what readings should be showing on the inner and outer gauges when the chamber is filled and also on the oxygenator. Perhaps pictures of the readings if that is convenient. I am no techie by any means, so I would feel more confident getting into it with all the readings showing correctly. :-)
Glad your friend fixed it!
My zoy chamber reads about -5mPa inside, and 50kPa outside when fully pressurized. The needle having moved to half way along the dial on both. Thor is correct on the oxygen flow meter.
The main way to know it's fully pressurized when outside is the pressure release valves begin to let air out with a slight hissing sound. If you are inside then the main way to know is your ears will stop needing to equalize when fully pressurized.

My chamber is scheduled to be delivered on the 8th and I cant wait. I have to say I am really impressed with MacyPan's responsiveness and willingness to help. Normally when I import something that goes through customs I have to declare it myself and look for custom code for particular item , but they sorted this immediately. Lets hope the quality of the product matches their professionalism.

Some interestong trivia. Although, I recently found out Novak Djokovic turned to veganism which doesn't make him most accurate point of reference.

My chamber is scheduled to be delivered on the 8th and I cant wait. I have to say I am really impressed with MacyPan's responsiveness and willingness to help. Normally when I import something that goes through customs I have to declare it myself and look for custom code for particular item , but they sorted this immediately. Lets hope the quality of the product matches their professionalism.

We are happy with ours, for sure, and it works almost all day long every day.

Ark and I did our 100th sessions today.

Again, I used the newfangled mask and yeah, it does what it is supposed to do. And that got me to thinking. What I think is this: Shai Efrati's protocol for upping the ante on about everything involves creating this paradoxical hypoxia state. Well, it seems to me that in order to do that, you have to be getting almost pure oxygen for a specified period and then, remove the mask for a few minutes, then back to the oxygen. In a one hour session, you would do this once; in a 90 minute session, you can do it twice.

The thing is: if you are not going from almost pure oxygen to way less than that, you probably can't get the body to register anything. That is, if you are using a loose mask, getting a lot of air from the chamber (which is enriched somewhat), and not forcing it to be as pure oxygen as possible, you might not trick the body into thinking "this is hypoxia." That is, there isn't a lot of difference in what you are breathing between the mask and no mask.

So that's something to think about.

We are happy with ours, for sure, and it works almost all day long every day.

Ark and I did our 100th sessions today.

Again, I used the newfangled mask and yeah, it does what it is supposed to do. And that got me to thinking. What I think is this: Shai Efrati's protocol for upping the ante on about everything involves creating this paradoxical hypoxia state. Well, it seems to me that in order to do that, you have to be getting almost pure oxygen for a specified period and then, remove the mask for a few minutes, then back to the oxygen. In a one hour session, you would do this once; in a 90 minute session, you can do it twice.

The thing is: if you are not going from almost pure oxygen to way less than that, you probably can't get the body to register anything. That is, if you are using a loose mask, getting a lot of air from the chamber (which is enriched somewhat), and not forcing it to be as pure oxygen as possible, you might not trick the body into thinking "this is hypoxia." That is, there isn't a lot of difference in what you are breathing between the mask and no mask.

So that's something to think about.
I agree with you about the necessity of having as high an oxygen concentration as possible to induce the hypoxic/hyperoxic paradox. I haven't come across any threshold values over which it is induced but I think that the more is better. To get the highest oxygen concentration a tight mask fit is quite important. Here's a chart that shows the oxygen concentration for different flow rates with the mask that you have (I ordered the same kind and am waiting for it to arrive). With a 10 l/min flow outside, we get around 6,7 l/min inside, which should gives us around 66% oxygen concentration on the in-breath.

Screenshot 2022-09-30 at 15.21.42.png

I do think that you could induce the H/H paradox more than what you suggest. If you spend 10 minutes getting the chamber pressurised you could do 20 + 5 + 20 + 5 and then release the pressure. This would be two rounds in a 60 minute session.

In a 90 minute session you could do 10 minutes of pressurisation and then 20 + 5 + 20 + 5 + 20 + 5 and then either put the mask on for the last 5 minutes of cut the session short giving you three "rounds".

Good news about my zoy chamber. My friend was able to solve the problem and I gave it a dry run and it seemed to work fine as well as the oxygenator. The fuse on the inside was switched off and that is something I would never have known nor would I dare open the unit because I have no idea about electronics.

This is mine, compressor and oxygen concentrator 2 in 1 while operating and the pressure gauge at just about full pressure.

Attachments

• 9A2CEDA1-E5B4-4398-B4B6-2EA96DFD95BE.jpeg
    9A2CEDA1-E5B4-4398-B4B6-2EA96DFD95BE.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 16
  • 85230D94-DD18-4630-98DA-38BC53257719.jpeg
    85230D94-DD18-4630-98DA-38BC53257719.jpeg
    807.9 KB · Views: 16
On the oxygen generator there's a "volume knob" you can turn to increase/decrease the oxygen flow. When the OG is off, the little ball in the measurement glass tube will be lying on the bottom of the tube. When you turn it on, it should float upwards depending on oxygen pressure. Adjust the knob so that the ball is a tiny bit above 5.

As for the inside gauge, when fully pressurised it should read 1.5 (halfway between 1.4 and 1.6) if you have the same gauge that I do and it's a 1.5 ATA chamber. Today is an HBOT off day but I'd be happy to send pictures tomorrow.
I remembered wrong. The pressure gauge inside should read half way between -0.4 and -0.6 as yours does.

The thing is: if you are not going from almost pure oxygen to way less than that, you probably can't get the body to register anything. That is, if you are using a loose mask, getting a lot of air from the chamber (which is enriched somewhat), and not forcing it to be as pure oxygen as possible, you might not trick the body into thinking "this is hypoxia."
I don’t think you can trick the body. It’s an incredibly complex machine that was designed to operate within certain parameters. Tricking the body is sort of Darwinian, like you can somehow drive the system. The other train of thought is to learn about the system and one of the big insights for me is that there’s different laws of physics once you step inside the body. Essentially you’re dealing with quantum mechanics as opposed to thermodynamic processes.

There’s two books out there that I’ve found so far talking about that. One is called the Complimentarity in Biology:

The other is called An Advanced Treatise in Quantum Biology by a guy named William Nelson who admittedly has an interesting bio. But the book is sound, with lots of references to earlier scientific work. Ark might understand the mathematics he uses to describe the body and there’s lots of interesting ties into his insights including the possible bifurcation of society at some point. He shows scientifically how allopathic medicine is damaging and how homeopathy is much better.

I don’t think you can trick the body. It’s an incredibly complex machine that was designed to operate within certain parameters. Tricking the body is sort of Darwinian, like you can somehow drive the system.
Maybe it's not tricking the body per se but knowing how the body works and using this knowledge to benefit the body. It seems that the body senses the O2 fluctuations:

Interestingly, fluctuations in the free oxygen concentration rather than the absolute level of oxygen can be interpreted at the cellular level as a lack of oxygen. Thus, repeated intermittent hyperoxia can induce many of the mediators and cellular mechanisms that are usually induced during hypoxia. This is called the hyperoxic-hypoxic paradox (HHP).

The full article (very interesting but a bit long) is here:

If this is true, it makes sense to maximize the O2 concentration during hyperoxic phases and minimize it during "hypoxic" phases.

Back
Top Bottom