Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT): General information and discussion of Home Units

Just going to post how the hyperbaric chamber effected me when I was beginning to break out in fever and severe body soreness last night. I jumped in the chamber and did a 1:20min session as soon as I realized that my body was aching in the joints and shivering. I was feeling sick and it was progressing rapidly. After/during the HBOT the body soreness certainly was diminishing and while I still had a fever, it wasn't getting worse. After HBOT I jumped in the sauna for about 50min, took a shower, tucked myself in to bed with extra blankets and slept deeply.

I woke up feeling like I got hit by a truck with every joint still aching pretty bad and feeling very sleepy, but otherwise OK. This morning I've been able to walk around my apartment and take care of myself. 3 of my friends who I visited this week also broke out in fever last night and in comparison they are all bed ridden and one is running a 100.1 fever. They are all far from health nuts, but I believe this experience rather supports the health value of HBOT.

Side note: It has been years since I got this sick. I have taken 5 grams of vitamin C every hour or two this morning (up to 25grams so far) and I still haven't hit my bowel tolerance :scared:

Do you suppose there is any harm going straight to your own bowel tolerance before and after? An hour and a half is enough time there OSIT.
If I'm going to be doing 180 sessions at 5 sessions per week, it'll take me 9 months. I don't think it's good for me to take that much vitamin C on an ongoing basis. My experience is that my bowel tolerance is about 4 grams every four hours so a total of 20 grams per day. But if I do that for more than 4 days I start to feel too sour in the stomach so I scale it down.

I'd like to support the body in dealing with the excess free radicals generated by HBOT without stressing it unduly.

If I'm going to be doing 180 sessions at 5 sessions per week, it'll take me 9 months. I don't think it's good for me to take that much vitamin C on an ongoing basis. My experience is that my bowel tolerance is about 4 grams every four hours so a total of 20 grams per day. But if I do that for more than 4 days I start to feel too sour in the stomach so I scale it down.

I'd like to support the body in dealing with the excess free radicals generated by HBOT without stressing it unduly.

If taking pure ascorbic acid for long periods of time hurts your stomach then my advice would be to go for a liposomal version of vitamin C, which gives higher potencies with comparatively lower doses. Alternatively you can take liposomal glutathione (another powerful antioxidant) and supplement with NAC (a glutathione precursor). I have seen liposomal gel cap versions of vitamin C and glutathione available at some online and brick-and-mortar stores (e.g., here and here).

If taking pure ascorbic acid for long periods of time hurts your stomach then my advice would be to go for a liposomal version of vitamin C, which gives higher potencies with comparatively lower doses. Alternatively you can take liposomal glutathione (another powerful antioxidant) and supplement with NAC (a glutathione precursor). I have seen liposomal gel cap versions of vitamin C and glutathione available at some online and brick-and-mortar stores (e.g., here and here).
Thanks for the tip. I do take 2 grams a day as part of general supplements. I'll try to research a good supplier. Can recommend the link you posted specifically or was it just to show that it's available online?

Ok, have you considered what will happen to maintenance/filter replacements etc if it is used so frequently? I don't have any technical documents for the machines, but I will talk to my sales contact about that.
When I ordered my Zoy-Tech chamber, I got the fast-inflate version. One benefit of this version is that the filter will last three times as long as the standard version. The fast-inflate version needs replacement/washing every 8000 hours of use. So if you're in a situation with more people using the chamber it might be a worthwhile investment to go for the fast-inflate version. Also, the inflation time is shorter :-). I paid 550 USD more for the fast inflate version.

When I ordered my Zoy-Tech chamber, I got the fast-inflate version. One benefit of this version is that the filter will last three times as long as the standard version. The fast-inflate version needs replacement/washing every 8000 hours of use. So if you're in a situation with more people using the chamber it might be a worthwhile investment to go for the fast-inflate version. Also, the inflation time is shorter :-). I paid 550 USD more for the fast inflate version.
Ok thanks, 8000 hours is a lot. In my case I might have more people using it in the future, but for now I'm thinking long-term for me and my wife and how quickly the world can change/supply chain issues etc. Also, it is not just the chamber it is also the filters for the concentrator, compressor and the cooler/dryer. I have a Macy-Pan and maybe there are similar numbers for that one. I will hopefully find out soon.

After the session I had lunch, then I fell asleep. I slept for 4 hours, very deep and strange. Carola got a little worried because it wasn't easy to wake me up and I seldom sleep during the day. Now I'm ok.

Be prepared to do a lot of sleeping, deep sleeping, feeling sleepy... for at least 25 or 30 sessions. As far as I can see, it means that the body is working very, very hard.

Be prepared to do a lot of sleeping, deep sleeping, feeling sleepy... for at least 25 or 30 sessions. As far as I can see, it means that the body is working very, very hard.

Indeed, I'm at 27 sessions and my days fluctuate between being tired or exhausted(sometimes it's all I can do to keep my eyes open at work). It doesn't help that my company has decided to change their schedules to four 10 hour work days instead of the regular 8 hour days so doing 5 sessions a week is very difficult, and I'm thinking of cutting down to 4 sessions a week until my energy levels improve.

I have noticed many improvements like improved memory, focus, heightened awareness, less brain fog, etc. but the problem is I'm doing three different therapies/practices/new supplements so it's hard to say which is contributing to my improvements. I don't think my memory has improved due to the hyperbaric sessions(since I've taken a neuro transmitter test and found out how abysmally low my epinephrine and norepinephrine levels were, and am working with a naturopath to balance those) but the brain fog and heightened awareness may be due to the hyperbaric chamber.

Still have a ways to go though so we'll see.

Back
Top Bottom