Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT): General information and discussion of Home Units

I looked into one of these types of emergency kits, too, an American version, because they are cheaper. I think that these chambers are for treatment of compression sickness only - ie., there is no oxygen pump. That's why they're cheaper. Is that the case with this one above? Is there an oxygen pump of some kind? I can't tell from the site because I can't read French very well.

Without a pump, you can be under 1.5 ATA or whatever, but without a rich oxygenated environment, the type of healing we're exploring in this experiment won't happen. From what I understand, we need both oxygen and pressure for this to work!
Thank you iamthatis for noticing that. I looked again and you're right; there is no oxygène. So not interesting for us.

This thread triggered an old memory from the '80s of Michael Jackson owning and sleeping in a hyperbaric chamber. This is already known on the forum in the thread Verneuil's disease AKA Hydradenitis Suppurative from posts here, here, here and here.

I remember this story and all the slander that came with it which is what sticks in my memory. I see now, perhaps that that was the point. By using Michael's 'wacko', it demonised the chamber.

A few snippets from the 2019 article from The Daily Mail. Lots of other photos of the obsolete Sechrist chamber in the article.

Our reporter was able to discover exactly what the Heal the World singer experienced when he used the equipment 33 years ago.

DailyMailTV also established the history of the chamber and how he ended up in Jackson's hands.

In 1984, the singer suffered second and third degree burns to his face and scalp after his hair caught fire on the set of a Pepsi commercial.

After the accident, he was treated at the Brotman Memorial Hospital in Culver City, California.

The following year Jackson settled out of court with Pepsi over his injuries and was given $1.5million.

The star then donated all the money to establish the Michael Jackson Burn Center for Children at the hospital.

It was with this money that the hospital bought the $100,000 oxygen chamber to treat burn victims.

HBO treatment improves the healing time of burns by administering oxygen to the wounds at pressure.

When the unit arrived at the new burns center Jackson visited the hospital and was pictured lying horizontal in the chamber with his eyes closed.

MJHC1.jpg

MJHC2.jpg

The equipment had never before been seen by the general public and when The National Enquirer ran the photos months later, they caused a sensation.

Jackson was at the height of his fame when the magazine claimed the regimen was part of a wacky plan to keep himself alive forever.

The National Enquirer quoted the singer as saying: 'I've taken several long naps in a hyperbaric oxygen chamber and when I awoke I felt like a new person - I've never felt better.

'I definitely want one for my home so I can sleep in it at night.
I plan to get one immediately. I want to live to see world peace, a world without hunger, a world where children and all mankind know no suffering.

'I believe if I treat my body properly I'll live to be at least 150.'

It was later revealed that Jackson himself had leaked the pictures as a publicity stunt to promote his film Captain Eo.

Michael Levine, a prominent Hollywood publicist, confirmed that he helped Jackson and his manager Frank DiLeo plant the story in the press.

Despite the planted story, Jackson did in fact request his very own hyperbaric oxygen chamber in 1994.

'He approached Brotman Hospital and they sold the chamber he had donated back to Michael and it was installed in Neverland.

'Michael did not sleep in the chamber as doing so would cause oxygen toxicity in the body and he would have died.

'Instead he probably used the chamber at home for one or two hours at a time for health reasons.'

Garay claims that some people in the industry say Jackson bought the chamber for the purification of his body by oxygen, a kind of toxic flush.

'It makes sense, with hyperbaric medicine you're getting three times more oxygen so you're saturating the body with it, so that hypoxic tissue is now getting oxygen and it's promoting the healing process and also fighting bacteria.'

But many still believe the star – who was obsessed with Peter Pan - was desperate to slow down the aging process.

It's unclear what Jackson did with his chamber once he finished with it, but it eventually found its way to another hospital in Santa Monica.

Hello everyone!

I finished my 20th session on Monday and I just wanted to report that after the short break I took I started feeling more benefits from the HBOT. As I briefly mentioned before, I started the therapy after a month of feeling pain all over the body and lack of energy. I also had some allergy and sinus symptoms such as respiratory blockage and pain in the sinus areas and even the teeth and jaw. I don't exactly what was the cause, but I thought that maybe it was due to inflammation and possibly also a virus that triggered some inflammatory response.

Now, after that number of sessions, I feel much better. I have no pain, no tiredness and I even feel I have lots of extra energy to do quite a lot around the house and at work, which is excellent.

I've heard a bit more from other patients at the chamber. Two new patients were there for COVID sequels. I've found their stories interesting. They had COVID almost a year ago, one of them was hospitalized and the other one wasn't, but they still felt very tired (tiredness that is debilitating and disrupts work), with pain all around the body, hair loss, nail fragility (as if they had some sort of anemia), and even psychological symptoms as depression. I thought it was interesting to hear that they are still dealing with those symptoms but also that the HBOT treatment seems to be helping them. :-)

There's another patient who has bone cancer and has been through chemotherapy but hasn't seen a lot of improvement yet. So he's got to do lots of sessions and he told me last week that he feels much better now. His main symptom is pain. We've also heard stories of people who had radiation therapy and went there with very bad radiation injuries and after 40+ sessions their injuries were healed.

Overall, it really seems that this therapy can help with lots of different things.

If anyone is interested my contact Winni at zoya tech got in touch. They have a sale on until the 16th. 200usd of the soft chamber and 500usd off if you buy two chambers. Worth looking into and getting a quote, might get an even better deal if a few are going in on buying a chamber or two. Anyway, just thought I'd let you guys know.
Thank you fot this info. Then, what is the price (I don't know the initial price)

Thank you fot this info. Then, what is the price (I don't know the initial price)
All setup and working perfectly. To summarise for anyone considering a Zoy-Tech chamber, the costs were USD 4,360 with express(air) shipping ( via DDP i.e. sea-freight is approx 4,175 and includes custom duties too). With express, we had to pay custom duties (approx. AUD 360) on top via an easy link sent to my mobile via fedex. No dramas with AU customs. So, not a bad choice considering how expensive these things are when purchased locally.
Just to clarify, the zoy tech stays just below 1.5 ata. Was on to my contact through wattsapp. Very helpful, cant fault the customer service. As I said the only downside is no gauge outside the chamber, they will be looking into putting one on the outside in the future. It also came with spare filters. Happy with the purchase, not bad for 4500 euro all in inc import tax. Very comfortable inside. Just finished 2nd session. Nothing major to report, except feeling energized. Will report back after I do a few more sessions.

Just an FYI about Macy Pan, but we got our chamber in the other day and immediately had an issue with the zipper on the second layer getting stuck and separating after closing it from the outside. The threading on the material seemed to have strands that had come off when it came in so not sure if that caused an issue. I managed to bring it back and close it again properly from the inside and did a full session at 1.5 ATA, but just today I started another session (I'm the only one who has used the chamber so far) and when the chamber got up to 1.5, the seal on the second zipper broke, followed by a loud pop and the chamber depressurized instantaneously.

Thankfully, my eardrums are still intact - relatively - although my voice sounded like bass/baritone from my perspective for a while.

So just in case anyone has issues with the zippers or sealing any of the layers - if you do - don't use it and email them about it. We've been in contact with them and are going to take a video of sealing up all three zippers, run it up to 1.5 with no one in it and see what happens, send it back to them and take it from there.

ADDED: We just tested it out at 1.5, left it running for several minutes and no issue whatsoever...

Last edited:
We have tested the chamber twice. Once last night pressurizing to 50kPa (1.5ATA) (as mentioned above), and again today to 50kPa, for 5 minutes at a time, with no reoccurrence of the zipper separation problem and pressure loss.
I went in today for an hour at 10kPa, and Turgon is in it now at 30kPa, and no problems.
I am not sure what the problem was with the zipper. There were some threads or material from the middle chamber sewing that may have interfered with the correct closing of the zipper. We have cut away any loose material that could possibly interfere with the zippers, so that may have fixed the problem.

Once last night pressurizing to 50kPa (1.5ATA) (as mentioned above), and again today to 50kPa, for 5 minutes at a time, with no reoccurrence of the zipper separation problem and pressure loss.
Yup, so far so good! Crossing my fingers we don't have any other issues from now on. And I found this really good video on what is and how to equalize the pressure in your ears when descending properly (and why it's important not to equalize when ascending). It's for divers but the same principles apply to using a chamber.

Had my 11th session this morning followed one hour later by a full session of Arky Chu Gong (ACG) exercises. That went pretty well, especially concidering that I didn't do any ACG for the last two months and pretty much no exercises at all for the last month.

Before today I was using regular ascorbic acid, 1/2 tea spoon before the session and 1/2 tea spoon after.

Today I used liposomal vitamin C (LipoLab brand). 1 gram before the session and 2 grams after.

I found a recovery place here (Australia) that has cold baths and also a hyperbaric chamber.
For 10 sessions it's AUD$45 each but if I become a member I can use it unlimited ($125 per week) so every day works out to $18 per session. Would it be OK to do 30-70 sessions in a row?

For 10 sessions it's AUD$45 each but if I become a member I can use it unlimited ($125 per week) so every day works out to $18 per session. Would it be OK to do 30-70 sessions in a row?
If you just do 5 sessions a week, that works out at AUD $25 or US $17 per session. That is a very good price so you might just see how it goes and increase if you feel that to be ok. Listen to what your body says. Some have reported in this thread, that it has been useful to have a day or two off, for the body to integrate the changes and you might find the same. Best of luck with it and report back how you go.

Back
Top Bottom