Hope for change in Germany and the EU? Sahra Wagenknecht announces new political party called "BSW": Alliance Sahra Wagenknecht - Sanity and Justice

The reason Germany's ruling parties (which include the opposition CDU/CSU) are fighting tooth and nail against the AfD may not be that the latter are so right-wing, but their impression that the PTB are playing tricks on them by giving their opponents support.
Could be the same for the WerteUnion

I think that Sarah Wagenknecht does an impressive job, and it would be great to see her in power. But I doubt that it will ever happen, since it is politics and the PTB doesn't let anyone else rule. Currently, they are starting again a new smear campaign against the AFD, and they are likely to dig up some dirt from Wagenknecht as well. Besides, it is also important to know about Psychopathy, and I don't know if she does.

My bet is that they will soon ramp up all sorts of defamation campaigns against BSW and will try to downplay how many people in germany really would vote for them.

Wagenknecht will probably be interviewed smeared today in mainstream TV by the, in my book, most despicable and sneaky person on german TV; Markus Lanz:

I haven’t watched the show of Lanz myself yet, but it is already clear from the mainstream coverage that this devil has directly associated Wagenknecht with the reason they are now talking about banning the AFD: Contact with the extreme right wing guy who wanted to “deport foreigners“.

Where they are going with Wagenknecht and BSW is quite transparent: Another “extremely dangerous nazi loving party“.

I haven’t watched the show of Lanz myself yet, but it is already clear from the mainstream coverage that this devil has directly associated Wagenknecht with the reason they are now talking about banning the AFD: Contact with the extreme right wing guy who wanted to “deport foreigners“.

Where they are going with Wagenknecht and BSW is quite transparent: Another “extremely dangerous nazi loving party“.

I have watched it now, and it is hard to stomach. Very dirty and depressing are the words that best describes it for me. If anyone is willing to endure it as well, in can be seen here: _Markus Lanz vom 17. Januar 2024

There is one thing that has bothered me about Wagenknecht and still does. Namely, her willingness to say things that I consider to be verging on betrayal and/or going along with something of that kind. Or similarly, going along with defaming and even also instigating it herself. Or worse. I don't think anyone can really imagine what kind of pressure a person in this position in germany has to endure at this point, especially with the kind of positions she is advocating. I think it must be extremely difficult on a scale that is hard to even imagine. I understand that, but still, things like this bother me. And I do understand that there is hardly any person anywhere who could stand firm in face of such pressures, in front of people like Lanz. You really would need an incredibly thick skin. In order to get a chance to do anything of significance, there is the temptation (and huge pressure) to go along with betrayal and defaming of people and organizations and/or with propaganda points in general. And that is what has and still bothers me with Wagenknecht, which I think can be seen here again.

I do think she really wants to do something good, but I have a strong distaste against some of the methods she is using and/or going along with. But probably at this point, in this climate in germany, it would be a miracle for someone like that, to not cave in, to some extent. Other than that, the show has been a big defaming campaign against Wagenknecht and BSW and of course against the AFD. It was painful to watch, to say the least. The climate in germany has become really difficult, to say the least.

Maybe it means nothing, but on a first vote in the Bundestag the party of the BSW voted against a peace initiative against the war in Ukraine by the AfD.

The AfD was then the only party who stood for such an initiative. The BSW didn't even use an abstention vote.

Maybe it means nothing, but on a first vote in the Bundestag the party of the BSW voted against a peace initiative against the war in Ukraine by the AfD.

The AfD was then the only party who stood for such an initiative. The BSW didn't even use an abstention vote.

As far as I know, the BSW is not in the Bundestag yet, so they couldn't have voted as the article claims. I don't find such a proclaimed peace initiative of the AFD on the Bundestag website, either: Deutscher Bundestag - 2024. Nor do I find anything of that kind on the news website of the Bundestag. And if he should mean that Wagenknecht voted like that, that isn't possible either, since she is not a part of a party that is in the Bundestag yet. Same with all other members of the BSW.

So, as far as I can see, for whatever reason, the RT article is making it up out of thin air!?

Last edited:
I found the initiative:

And here is how everyone voted, if you click on it you see who voted for what:

Still, the same problem: BSW isn't in the Bundestag, and BSW members couldn't have voted. Die Linke isn't in the Bundestag, either. I don't understand what the RT article claims? Who exactly "from the BSW" has voted like that? Or who voted like that that isn't in the BSW but soon will be there (if that is what he means)?

The RT article is correct. Wagenknecht and others have voted like that as “Fraktionslose“ and not members of “BSW“. Not a good sign indeed! See last link above. Well, so much for voting for her and BSW! I probably won’t do it, considering that.

Last edited:
If it is true that all of the upcoming BSW members (without exception?) have voted in that way, it almost seems like they could have discussed it between themselves beforehand to vote that way for some (strategic) reasons? Seems kinda strange to me for them (all?) voting in that way considering what BSW officially plans to do in regards to Ukraine/Russia. Why would they (all) vote so contrary to their program before the party even really got started? Why would you do that? Wouldn’t you willfully risk your votes and new party itself from the getgo with such a clearly contrary voting behavior? Maybe it has something to do with the the fact that the AFD has proposed this idea and nobody in the Bundestag is supposed to help/support them in any way? Or maybe because BSW wants to position itself clearly against the AFD in the future? Judging on what Wagenknecht said about the AFD in the Lanz interview above, it certainly sounds like that could be the case.

Last edited:
Or, they voted that way simply because of (peer) pressure in the Bundestag? But if that should be the case, it is definitely a bad sign that they can’t even make a stand when the pressure is much lower compared to later in the BSW. That certainly wouldn’t make me confident to vote for them at all.

Or they voted that way because they really don’t want peace in Ukraine and are against what they officially proclaim? It that is the case, it is a real disaster and deeply dishonest/bad in a way that everyone can see.

Last edited:
Or, they voted that way simply because of (peer) pressure in the Bundestag? But if that should be the case, it is definitely a bad sign that they can’t even make a stand when the pressure is much lower compared to later in the BSW. That certainly wouldn’t make me confident to vote for them at all.

Or they voted that way because they really don’t want peace in Ukraine and are against what they officially proclaim? It that is the case, it is a real disaster and deeply dishonest/bad in a way that everyone can see.

I don't care about this peace initiative when, as Douglas Macgregor just mentioned the other day, the war will be over by the end of April not least because the Ukies will run out of ammunition then.

This was not a vote on whether to send more armaments to Ukraine where I would have kept an eye on the BSW people.

Maybe Wagenknecht was just being 'wise as a serpent' when she cast her vote the way she did. No doubt 'the system' is thirsting for a chance to paint her as a 'Putin follower' or a 'Nazi sympathizer.'

I just read what exactly the AFD proposed and the BSW members voted against. It is a reasonable (although in some respects unrealistic) proposal for initiating peace and talks between Ukraine and Russia. It is very much in line with what the BSW proclaimed they would advocate. So content wise it makes little to no sense that the BSW members would vote against it, unless 1; they fell for the pressure, 2; have a strategy behind that decision, 3; didn’t feel comfortable voting in favor because of some details in the proposal 4; advocate the exact opposite position.

Back
Top Bottom