Hear no, See no, Speak no Truth

JonnyRadar

The Living Force
a new photoshop piece, inspired by a recent trip to the city.

hearnoseenospeaknotruth.jpg

thanks guys!

anart said:
What's the photoshopped part? ;) :evil:

lol ;) well, the monkeys are photoshopped but that thing coming down the highway was for real. :scared: it's powered by fear and microwave repeaters. :P

SAO said:
Nice! Are the politician's eyes sewn shut? Or is that mascara? :)

lol :) the subject is actually supposed to be a citizen, but yes his eyes are sewn shut. the piece is about the two-party system, the hegelian dialectic, whatever you'd like to call it. this way or that way - people's "choices" are shoved down their throats while the vise grip is kept tight on their minds as to what "choice" actually means (or could mean)...

it's also intended to illustrate that no matter how one looks at it, the "left" and the "right" run the same programs, use the same tactics, and are essentially illusionary "different points of view" that people cement their identities onto. the united states' system of governance has become a complete joke, and what's "worse" is the people still believe by and large that they're participating in a meaningful way by espousing the ideals of their respective parties. whether the media's shouting at you from the left or the right, it's still the media shouting... osit...

JonnyRadar said:
SAO said:
Nice! Are the politician's eyes sewn shut? Or is that mascara? :)

lol :) the subject is actually supposed to be a citizen, but yes his eyes are sewn shut. the piece is about the two-party system, the hegelian dialectic, whatever you'd like to call it. this way or that way - people's "choices" are shoved down their throats while the vise grip is kept tight on their minds as to what "choice" actually means (or could mean)...
Oooh ok I was thinking it was a politician with like a forked tongue (snake) but also talking out of both sides of his mouth. And that his eyes are shut because he's blind (ignorant), so blind leading blind. But the barcode shoulda given it away as a normal person..

SAO said:
Oooh ok I was thinking it was a politician with like a forked tongue (snake) but also talking out of both sides of his mouth. And that his eyes are shut because he's blind (ignorant), so blind leading blind. But the barcode shoulda given it away as a normal person..

that's a good interpretation, imo, art is all about perspective - so what you saw is just as meaningful, if not more so than the original intent, osit... that's funny too, as the forked-tongue image seems really clear now that i look at it, but thad hadn't crossed my mind before... the barcode could apply too as "politicians" in general do seem to be a bit rubber-stamped these days... just higher-level chess pieces, so to speak...

Back
Top Bottom