Have you investigated Gnostic Christianity?

Gnostic Christian Bishop

A Disturbance in the Force
Have you investigated Gnostic Christianity?

The Gnostic wing of Christianity, if it can even be called that today, has quite a few differences to Christianity and Catholicism.

If the old Gnostic Christians were here, they would hardly recognize what has happened to the original Orthodox Catholic Church or it's various offshoots in Protestantism or Islam. The Gnostic Christian Jesus would have a fit and would be quite disappointed I think. I know that this Gnostic Christian is.

The two main differences that moved the old Christians to kill Gnostic Christians and burn their scriptures was literalism in reading scriptures and the fact that the Gnostic version of Jesus was a Universalist.

That Gnostic Christian Jesus, and the Gnostic Christians of that flavor, (there are likely as many Gnostic sects as Christian sects), sees a spark of God in all people including women and gays. That fact, to me, makes Gnostic Christianity a more desirable denomination of Christianity than all the rest.

If a religion cannot abide with equality of the sexes then to my mind it is not a just religion and is not worthy of the support of moral people. Inequality is an immoral position and most of the Abrahamic cults are of that immoral persuasion.

As the superior Catholic theology, it is my hope that Gnostic Christianity will eventually bury the non-egalitarian and immoral Christian cults as their members recognize that equality is the right moral system for all to live under.

If you have investigated Gnostic Christianity, do you agree that from a moral POV, they are the superior Christian theology thanks to equality and Universalism?

Regards
DL

seek10 said:
Gnostic Christian Bishop, You may want to read this thread Was Julius Caesar the real Jesus Christ?

Interesting but to Gnostic Christians, it does not matter. We see all these stories that are without historical proof as myths. That was why literalist Christians killed us after Constantine bought the Church.

We see Jesus as Joseph Campbell does. As one of the Heroes of 1,000 Faces.

What Gnostic Christians do is preach that you can internalize whatever belief system you like and that is how enlightenment is sought.

For the Christian perspective, I offer these two clips as a general view of what I believe we should all be doing. Seeking our God within.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alRNbesfXXw&feature=player_embedded

That is the mental goal and this method I recommend for those who wish to be a brethren to Jesus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdSVl_HOo8Y

You will begin to know God when you can name him I am and mean yourself.

Regards
DL

seek10 said:
Gnostic Christian Bishop, You may want to read this thread Was Julius Caesar the real Jesus Christ?

It also seems you have not yet read the Forum Guidelines which would be very helpful to you as it would give you some idea of who we are here and what we are all about. Particularly:

Okay people! Let's be clear on some things before you join up, now I know you are aching to get in there and comment on... stuff... but before you do you need to agree to some basic rules about politeness, kindness, and not being a total psycho. You also need to understand the philosophy of the owners of this forum and the associated websites.

First our Vision for this forum:
To create an environment for the stimulation, development and then the alignment of objective consciousnesses as defined and described by the Cassiopaeans with the able help of Georges Gurdjieff, Mouravieff, Castaneda, and many other sources available to us. The foundation of this forum is The Cassiopaean Experiment, the layout of the rooms is generally modelled after the work of Gurdjieff and Mouravieff, the decor and details are filled in by Castaneda and many modern psychological studies.

Much more in the Guidelines: http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=9553.msg69187#msg69187

Gnostic Christian Bishop said:
seek10 said:

Interesting but to Gnostic Christians, it does not matter. We see all these stories that are without historical proof as myths. That was why literalist Christians killed us after Constantine bought the Church.

What Gnostic Christians do is preach that you can internalize whatever belief system you like and that is how enlightenment is sought.

For the Christian perspective, I offer these two clips as a general view of what I believe we should all be doing. Seeking our God within.

That is the mental goal and this method I recommend for those who wish to be a brethren to Jesus.

Regards
DL

In other words, in your gnosticism, truth does not matter. If that's the case, this forum isn't the place for you. We are not interested in "internalizing whatever belief system you like". That is antithetical to truth.

Approaching Infinity said:
In other words, in your gnosticism, truth does not matter. If that's the case, this forum isn't the place for you. We are not interested in "internalizing whatever belief system you like". That is antithetical to truth.

Couldn't agree more.

Dear Gnostic Christian Bishop, based on what you wrote, I'm afraid most topics of research on this forum will literally hurt your brain. So I wish you good luck and say goodbye because I don't want to see you in pain.

Richard S said:
seek10 said:

It also seems you have not yet read the Forum Guidelines which would be very helpful to you as it would give you some idea of who we are here and what we are all about. Particularly:

Okay people! Let's be clear on some things before you join up, now I know you are aching to get in there and comment on... stuff... but before you do you need to agree to some basic rules about politeness, kindness, and not being a total psycho. You also need to understand the philosophy of the owners of this forum and the associated websites.

First our Vision for this forum:
To create an environment for the stimulation, development and then the alignment of objective consciousnesses as defined and described by the Cassiopaeans with the able help of Georges Gurdjieff, Mouravieff, Castaneda, and many other sources available to us. The foundation of this forum is The Cassiopaean Experiment, the layout of the rooms is generally modelled after the work of Gurdjieff and Mouravieff, the decor and details are filled in by Castaneda and many modern psychological studies.

Much more in the Guidelines: http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=9553.msg69187#msg69187

I understand the situation. What is the problem as you see it?

Regards
DL

seek10 said:

Regards
DL

Only if you think there is only one truth. If not, we all see truth differently.

Is your truth the same as someone living in Africa's bush country?

Regards
DL

Only if you think there is only one truth. If not, we all see truth differently.

Others are trying to point out that there is a specific purpose for the forum and your approach thus far is off base from how this forum works. It wasn't setup to chat, preach or debate belief systems. You can find plenty of places to do this online, but this isn't one of them. If you are interested in participating here please do familiarized yourself with the specific purpose and research being done here. There are lots of links in your official welcome message to get you started. If you're not interested, it's no problem - this forum just isn't for you.

Regards
DL

There is no "your truth" or "my truth". There is reality, and then there's our understanding of it - which can come closer to it or be further away from it, with regard to each aspect of reality.

"Someone living in Africa's bush country" may have better understanding in some respects, and worse in other respects. The view of reality - the understanding - differs, but the same is not the case for the truth to be understood.

Back
Top Bottom