Has anyone here tried to do something like a

B

Bee

"wake up the people" art show? What I mean to say is, a show featuring works of artists who are part of this forum. Just wondering :) If so, does anyone have pictures of what happened, the works presented?

Bee said:
"wake up the people" art show? What I mean to say is, a show featuring works of artists who are part of this forum. Just wondering :) If so, does anyone have pictures of what happened, the works presented?
I've had this recurring thought about "waking people up": It depends on method and intent of the initiator.

Method: can the same method that put people to sleep to begin with be used in the reverse direction? And where would that result, what "state"? Has the method that put so many to sleep been understood to its deepest implications in order for it to be a means to wake them up?

Intent: Is the need to "wake people up" for their own good or for yours?

The Sufis say: there's a time, a place and a situation, and only when these three are right can knowledge be acquired and/or shown.

Keep this in mind when you visit your next "wake up" or ponder how best to put one on.

Pay attention on all fronts.

Cheers.

Bee said:
I don't think this ever happened for the SOTT (could be wrong though).

There won't be any "waking up" if people are not in some respect already open to be "awaken".
No matter how many art show, movies or books will help if he/she is not already looking for answers imho.

From my experience, the only thing you can do is to "speak" about it and let the persons on the receiving end look for themselves if they are so inclined.
I am for giving the opportunity to people to see that they are alternatives to what the present society is forcing down on us.
People who have no interests (and those who have) in these matters will project their own ideas upon what you do anyway.
I think that without a 4th way approach to these things, the message can be drowned in a lot of noise/misunderstanding osit.

Thanks for the replies : ) I was just curious. I'm sorry - I guess I used "wake up the people" for lack of a better term. I understand that if one were to put together an art show, one can't expect the viewer to "wake up" - same goes for any medium, be it in writing, video, etc.

What is "osit", by the way? : )

osit = Or So I Think

You may find this thread help full: http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=1599

In my opinion there are people who do not wish to "wake up" in any way, because their current "reality" feels so much more convenient (for the time being that is...). But i have also seen that there are many people who seem to have the potential to wake up but do not get a real chance to actually choose what is real and what is not. Is it ment to be this way for them? Is it part of their life lessons? I don't really know, as it differs from person to person.

On the other hand, we do not live in an unbiased enviroment, do we? We are subjected to mass media propaganda, diversions of "entertainment", brainwashing to consume by product marketing etc. How can all these be dealt with? Art with a message can (in some extend) counter-balance this situation by using the same subtle means they use upon us. The power of images. So, all that needs to be done by art in my opinion is to provide clues for someone to follow if that is what he wishes to do. As insignificant as that might be, maybe in a few cases this tiny little spark might be all that is necessary for change. Maybe art can add this little something to the building of the critical mass that is needed for someone to make a swift in paradigms. This possibility (together with the fun of creation) is important enough to drive any thinking person with artistic skills. Or this is what i hope in my naivety... :) Take care.

Yes, I think that art can be a good vehicle for this kind of message. It's something that can help stir the emotions of those who might be inclined to look for the 'truth' out there, and move them to find out more - to read and learn.

Why do people write articles about these matters, or why put up websites with alternative (to mainstream) news? It's not to force upon people ideas that they don't want to think about, but it's here for those who are interested. If they reject the intended message, okay - but if they glean something from the information presented, if it helps them look in the right direction, wonderful!

I had an idea : ) One can take an article that inspires them from the sott website (or other), and then create any kind of art work for it. Then beside it, a write up with a simple explaination, and where to locate the article (or have the url on small pieces of paper that people can bring home). That might be a more straightforward way of helping people find sites like this, which they might not normally discover themselves.

I'm not actually proposing anything, just... thinking out loud. : )

Bee said:
I had an idea : ) One can take an article that inspires them from the sott website (or other), and then create any kind of art work for it. Then beside it, a write up with a simple explaination, and where to locate the article (or have the url on small pieces of paper that people can bring home). That might be a more straightforward way of helping people find sites like this, which they might not normally discover themselves.
Maybe some people are already doing this, you just would not know about it.
But yeah that's a really good way to offer the opportunity to discover the Sott.

A simpler way could be, just to print flyers from SOTT, or let them print, because these are artistic/creative and informative as well.
And what is happening then, who knows? Either people will take them and have a look, or they don't. As is with everything else.

And I'm thinking, since a longer time, doing a small graffiti artwork in my town, with the kind what "BEE" has been describing.

BEE said:
[…]One can take an article that inspires them from the sott website (or other), and then create any kind of art work for it.[…]

Back
Top Bottom