"grown a little weak"

Ellipse

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Laura

"Grown a little weak"??!!! Fact is, we were getting into more hot water than we liked!
In http://www.sott.net/articles/show/221369-Change-is-Good-What-it-means-

I'm not sure and I do not find it on the web. Does it mean "faiblement grandi" ?

Thanks.

Perhaps you should post this in the thread where the topic was being discussed. It is out of context and thus incomprehensible to other readers.

Ellipse said:
Laura

"Grown a little weak"??!!! Fact is, we were getting into more hot water than we liked!
In http://www.sott.net/articles/show/221369-Change-is-Good-What-it-means-

I'm not sure and I do not find it on the web. Does it mean "faiblement grandi" ?

Thanks.

I would say that it mean affaiblir ou c'est affaibli, but if you can point out where in the text, so I can see the context. Thanks

Thanks Laurentien.

By: The dude.

usually for both the better and the worse. SOTT is not the only place you can get info from. Personally I'm doing my own research. However I have to admit that I liked SOTT as it used to be. Nobody is forcing anyone to read or believe anything anymore. There a 1,000 places you can get info from. Napoleon used to say , if you are not sure about the outcome of a battle go down to the battlefield and see for yourself. I'm sure the people at SOTT are doing their best but certain restrictions always apply. It comes with the territory whether we like it or not. You may continue your effort as we all do, some people will leave , some will follow. I'd propose to everyone that reads SOTT , a magazine , a book or anything else to be selective. I mean we are neither in the middle of a semester or taking finals waiting to be graded. I'll end this short post with one of the best things Laura has written : "All for one and one for all.".
Added: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 08:41 CST

Re: Every change is
By: Laura
Laura

Added: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 10:56 CST

By: marc-0009
marc-0009

I agree... I am sure that the change on SOTT is for a very good and pragmatic reason. If the old format was working then it probably would not have prompted the change. As much as I am still adjusting to the changes I admit that many in my community had mentioned that SOTT had grown a little weak in the past 2-3 years. Lets hope the change is going to address the weaknesses and focus on the strengths again. Lara is Sott and I respect her without question...
Added: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 09:38 CST

Ellipse said:
Thanks Laurentien.

By: The dude.

usually for both the better and the worse. SOTT is not the only place you can get info from. Personally I'm doing my own research. However I have to admit that I liked SOTT as it used to be. Nobody is forcing anyone to read or believe anything anymore. There a 1,000 places you can get info from. Napoleon used to say , if you are not sure about the outcome of a battle go down to the battlefield and see for yourself. I'm sure the people at SOTT are doing their best but certain restrictions always apply. It comes with the territory whether we like it or not. You may continue your effort as we all do, some people will leave , some will follow. I'd propose to everyone that reads SOTT , a magazine , a book or anything else to be selective. I mean we are neither in the middle of a semester or taking finals waiting to be graded. I'll end this short post with one of the best things Laura has written : "All for one and one for all.".
Added: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 08:41 CST

By: Laura
Laura

Added: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 10:56 CST

By: marc-0009
marc-0009

I agree... I am sure that the change on SOTT is for a very good and pragmatic reason. If the old format was working then it probably would not have prompted the change. As much as I am still adjusting to the changes I admit that many in my community had mentioned that SOTT had grown a little weak in the past 2-3 years. Lets hope the change is going to address the weaknesses and focus on the strengths again. Lara is Sott and I respect her without question...
Added: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 09:38 CST

that SOTT had grown a little weak in the past 2-3 years.

Que SOTT s'afflaiblissait dans les 2-3 dernière années.

Thank you very much Laurentien. Sometime when you have a doubt about a word, it's easy to have a bigger doubt about the whole paragraph and be lost.

Back
Top Bottom