Gluten and dairy free rocky road fridge cake

Mrs.Tigersoap

The Living Force
Several years ago, when I was in the US, I tasted a Rocky Road bar and I have been thinking about it ever since. There is nothing quite like it in my country but with a little bit of research on the net, last weekend I recreated this wonderful (but really decadent) treat and it was a big success! There are apparently many versions of this, according to countries, etc. but this one is gluten and dairy free!

Gluten and dairy free rocky road fridge cake

Serves 6-8

175 g lecithin-free organic dark chocolate
175g unsalted organic butter
100g gluten and dairy free cookies (several examples on this forum), roughly chopped
75g almonds, roughly chopped
2 tbsp maple syrup or xylitol

You can also add according to your taste: chopped dried fruit (cherries, raisins, etc.), ginger, etc. Some people also add marshmallow, so if you can find some without evil stuff in it or if you make it yourself, you can also add some.

1. Line a cake baking pan with non-stick baking paper.

2. Break the chocolate into small pieces and put into a bain marie. Add the butter to the chocolate and let it melt. Mix to combine to a smooth consistency.

3. Remove the chocolate mix from the heat and stir in the rest of the ingredients. Mix well.

4. Put the mixture into the baking pan and smooth the top. Put the cake into the fridge to let it set.

Voilà!

Mrs.Tigersoap said:
I'd be interested to know how it turns out!

I made it for Christmas, and it was quite good -- it's basically fudge, right? With lots of extra goodies, of course -- I couldn't find any marshmallows that weren't evil, so I had to skip those, but I was able to include everything else. Thanks for the recipe, and I'll definitely do this again some time in the future!

Shijing said:
I made it for Christmas, and it was quite good -- it's basically fudge, right?

I don't know, the only times I have had fudge (it's not common in my country), it just tasted like soft caramel. I never had the chocolate kind.

Thanks for the recipe, and I'll definitely do this again some time in the future!

You're welcome! Now that you've mentioned it, I'm soooo making some tomorrow!!

Happy holidays! :)

wow another yummy sounding recipe :D thanks mrs.T!

this is next on the experiment list ;)

Back
Top Bottom