Giving up sardines

3DStudent

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
I've recently decided to give up sardines, and by extension all seafood, though I really don't eat anything else besides sardines. I've always eaten them for dinner for the past 6 or 7 years. They were an easy source of protein. And I stocked up on them for preparedness purposes.

At one point, I was worried about the Fukushima radiation. So I looked up the brands I was buying and where the fish were sourced. They were coming from the Atlantic ocean. I was eating Season and sometimes King Oscar.

But recently I've read a bit more about the Pacific Ocean and it seems like it's just time to give up all seafood. I plan to keep the ones I have in case things get crazy, but I'll stick to land based mammals for most of my meals. I'm experimenting with muscle testing and use the lean forward = yes lean backward = no when asking a question. I asked myself if I had significant radiation accumulation from eating them and got a no. Then got a no when I asked if I should continue eating them.

The thing is, I have a geiger counter. And I never measured them. But it would probably get a bit stinky to have an opened can sitting for about 8 hours to get a good reading. Reading the Fukushima thread recently was a bit of cementing my decision, although it had been on my mind for a few weeks prior. I don't want to poison myself and want to keep my frequency high and not become "nuclear toast".

So I thought I'd share this and maybe others can give their ideas too.

3D Student said:
I've recently decided to give up sardines, and by extension all seafood, though I really don't eat anything else besides sardines. I've always eaten them for dinner for the past 6 or 7 years. They were an easy source of protein. And I stocked up on them for preparedness purposes.

At one point, I was worried about the Fukushima radiation. So I looked up the brands I was buying and where the fish were sourced. They were coming from the Atlantic ocean. I was eating Season and sometimes King Oscar.

But recently I've read a bit more about the Pacific Ocean and it seems like it's just time to give up all seafood. I plan to keep the ones I have in case things get crazy, but I'll stick to land based mammals for most of my meals. I'm experimenting with muscle testing and use the lean forward = yes lean backward = no when asking a question. I asked myself if I had significant radiation accumulation from eating them and got a no. Then got a no when I asked if I should continue eating them.

The thing is, I have a geiger counter. And I never measured them. But it would probably get a bit stinky to have an opened can sitting for about 8 hours to get a good reading. Reading the Fukushima thread recently was a bit of cementing my decision, although it had been on my mind for a few weeks prior. I don't want to poison myself and want to keep my frequency high and not become "nuclear toast".

So I thought I'd share this and maybe others can give their ideas too.

I used to eat a lot of sardines too, because it was one of the easiest things to eat when not in the mood to really cook or when I was in a hurry. I've stopped eating them because they started to get expensive around here. Don't know about giving up all seafood, though. Have you read something to that effect? Even if we were not vegetarians? (There was a session in 2011 after the Fukushima leak with a discussion about it).

I don't eat them often, but always keep several packs in fridge, in case I am in a hurry and need to eat something.
Sardines are good, but the problem is the vegetable oil they put them into.
Don't know why, but where I live, it is difficult to find them canned in anything besides vegetable oil.

It was really the thought that eventually all of the water would be polluted. And while I guess there will be areas that will be fine for a while, it seems the radiation will go everywhere with the rain and ocean currents over a period of time. And I saw that some forum members don't eat seafood, as mentioned in the Fukushima thread around page 9. The ones I get have olive oil in them, so that part is ok for me. Part of it was also seeing an article of the salmon that they were catching off the west coast of the USA.

3D Student said:

I wish I had one. 'A little stink" is very small price to pay for a peace of mind. It would be interesting to learn what you find.

Z said:
3D Student said:

I wish I had one. 'A little stink" is very small price to pay for a peace of mind. It would be interesting to learn what you find.

Sorry, I wasn't ignoring you, just a bit busy. I watched some videos Sunday night and I'm not sure of the feasibility of testing food for radiation. I have a 2 inch pancake type Geiger counter, the Inspector Alert. And it seems it is better for finding acutely radioactive contamination, as opposed to trace radioactivity.

I watched this video and have followed this guy's advice in the past:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OO90b7pCb-M

I was looking for an appropriate thread and saw that me in the past had already made it lol. 😆

It hasn't gotten much attention, but apparently the Nordstream blast might have been a small radioactive nuke. I started eating sardines occasionally and it seems most come from Morocco, so off the Atlantic coast. But others like King Oscar come from the fjords and coasts of Norway. I was wondering if the latter is too close to the Baltic Sea and might be radioactive?

It's been over a year since the blast and I'd think it would pale in comparison to the Fukushima leak. Has anyone wondered about this? Am I too concerned?

It's been over a year since the blast and I'd think it would pale in comparison to the Fukushima leak. Has anyone wondered about this? Am I too concerned?
And the Fukushima leak pales in comparison to all the nukes since 1945... :rolleyes:
(L) Next question on the list: Is the fukushima radiation negligible compared to the radiation due to 2,000 + nuclear explosions that have happened since 1945?
A: Yes.

Q: (L) How badly will it affect people?
A: Cumulatively, it is already bad.

Q: (L) you mean cumulatively the 2,000 nuclear explosions? And now, this on top of all of that is like critical mass of exposure?
A: Yes.

Q: (L) So, what does that mean for us.
A: DNA changes and diet help to keep the frequency stable.
Some things are just out of our control. Better not to worry.

Joe Rogan's said he was eating four tin of sardines pretty much every evening for quite some time. He then did an arsenic blood test and was concern with the somewhat high level. He stopped eating sardines and later did another test and the arsenic was gone.

That's from memory from a few days ago. It may be slightly distorted memory. I think it was on JRE with Graham Hancock.

I also had the same kind of habit. I now rarely do it and when I do I use Mackerel 'Al natural' instead.

My 2 cents

I think something being exposed to radiation does not mean it is 'radioactive', only when that something absorbs radioactive particles does it become radioactive. They radiate certain foods during processing to kill harmful organisms, but that is not considered dangerous.

Joe Rogan's said he was eating four tin of sardines pretty much every evening for quite some time. He then did an arsenic blood test and was concern with the somewhat high level. He stopped eating sardines and later did another test and the arsenic was gone.

When I was pregnant, I researched which fish was safe to eat, and the answer was: smaller/short-lived fish are better because they have less time to accumulate heavy metals. I read that Sardines are the only fish that is safe to eat up to 5 times a week for a pregnant woman. This Arsenic claim from Joe Rogan is quite worrisome.

I buy Kersen Brand, a company based in Nova Scotia, usually available at Costco.
Wild Canadian Steamed Sardine Fillets in Sunflower Oil (8 x 200g)

Back
Top Bottom