German catholic youth group wants to have a gender neutral God

Alejo

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
I am not entirely sure if this fits here properly, or if it should be merged with another thread.

In any event, as I was doing my news rounds I came across this article in which a group of young catholics were looking to add a "+" or an "*" to the word God in order to make it gender neutral... which leads me to several observations.

Not that I believe the catholic church needs my defense, but it struck me as sad to see a group of young people supposedly invested in understanding the world through a religious viewpoint, in which God transcends physicality, reducing God (the idea) to the physical existence, viewed through an ideological lens, of mere humans.

I understand that the conception of god changes through the ages, and it is adjusted to events and social moments in history, and perhaps this is what we're seeing with this type of efforts, another sing of the times. A young and confused crowd whose efforts and mental energy is being spent in finding oppression everywhere, and so since they're catholic, they'll find it in their catholic believes.

There's something rather symbolic and poetic about this situation though, and it reminded me of the story of Lucifer as most popularly understood, an arrogant and vain angel who fell from grace. If attempting to make god a gender neutral entity, not because of an understanding of existence beyond this physical realm, but because of an ideology is a vain as I have heard it in a long while.

Düsseldorf - A Catholic association may want to write God with gender asterisks in the future.

The spelling would then be "God *".

Another option that is currently being discussed is “God +”, with a plus sign that could also be read as a cross.

All of this should make it clear that God cannot automatically be thought of as an old white man with a beard.

"We have not yet made a decision, but we definitely want to change something," said Rebekka Biesenbach, the spiritual leader of the Catholic Young Congregation (KjG), the German Press Agency in Düsseldorf.

"The central question is: What can we do to bring the image of God, which is very masculine in many places, back into the diversity it deserves?"

Catholic youth want to gender God​

In spoken language you could say the asterisk or the plus if necessary.

“We are currently still forming a judgment on this.” Decisions could be made at the next federal conference at the end of March / beginning of April in Odenthal in the Bergisches Land.

There are several large youth associations in the Catholic Church.

According to its own information, the KjG represents around 80,000 members between the ages of around 9 and 25 years.

The issue of gender repeatedly causes heated debates: For example, students at the University of Kassel were threatened with lower grades * if they did not change.

Celebrities also like to get upset about gender-equitable language, such as the literary critic Elke Heidenreich, Scooter front man HP Baxxter or comedian Ingo Appelt.

It is funny and tragic. Some say that traditional structures like the catholic church are the last bastions against the post-modern stupidity, but the mind infection propagates everywhere. The actual pope is not the best to oppose the lunacy either.

For the moment thank god (or god+* :huh: ) this seems to be a silly initiative of a particular group of young Catholics. As far as I can see the Catholic church is still quite attached to more traditional ideas, although it is true that in the past it has been permeated by "renovating" movements such as the Charismatics, so at present it could well be permeated by gender ideology and all that nonsense. Certainly in the not too distant future it is possible that it will be through young Catholics that the contamination will spread.

This is so insane, but at the same time if feels so “in tune” with our current times that is not surprising in some way. Apparently since 2019 this has been a tendency among catholic youths.
This is an article about a Catholic School in Australia:

“Students at All Hallows school no longer recite the traditional “Father, Son and Holy Spirit” when doing the sign of the cross, but rather “the Creator, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit.”

Loreto College has even gone as far as to remove “Lord” from their prayers since it is an overtly masculine reference.”

Last edited:
Even blind chickens sometimes find grains.
The earliest written form of the Germanic word God comes from the 6th-century Christian Codex Argenteus. The English word itself is derived from the Proto-Germanic * ǥuđan. The reconstructed Proto-Indo-European form * ǵhu-tó-m was likely based on the root * ǵhau(ə)-, which meant either "to call" or "to invoke".[12] The Germanic words for God were originally neuter—applying to both genders—but during the process of the Christianization of the Germanic peoples from their indigenous Germanic paganism, the words became a masculine syntactic form.

-> God - Wikipedia
GOT written in runes is [got], and it was claimed by the Ariosophists to be one of the most ancient 'Ario-German word-roots'. It was assumed that [got] was derived in turn from the even older Indo-Germanic word 'ghuto'; the most common manner of writing or speaking in runes was called 'goto'. The pronunciation of the [o]-rune varies; it can stand for 'u' and 'o', or sometimes 'a'.

The term 'gots' was a familiar form of 'got'. In Old High German diminutives were made by adding the suffix '-zio' to a word, though this was not pronounced as spelt; thus the familair form of 'gots' would have sounded like 'gotos'. Traces of this may still be found in some Austrian dialects: "in Gots Nom" = "in God's name". The familiar form is meant to hint at a deep relationship between the person using the term and the 'got' or 'goto' (which are the same); 'got' being the more recent and shorter version of 'goto' ot 'ghuta' (depending on the dialect).

It was also speculated that 'ghuto' was derived from a hypothetical' Indo-European verbal root 'GHAU' turned into a substantive; 'GHAU' meant 'to invoke', and so the term 'gotos' was seen as a hint at a being which could be invoked.

It was a simple step from these abstruse etymological speculations to accepting 'gotos' as technical terminology for any and every entity that could be invoked - even Baphomet.

In old German dialects, 'got' was the general term for a numinous being - the kind of primal power that affected everything, without having a definite shape of its own. 'Got' was not to be mixed up with Wotan or Odin, which were already concrete formulations. 'Got' thus corresponded to the Indian 'Atman', while the gods were seen as mortal beings.

-> Fraternitas Saturni: Saturn-Gnosis

Here is a female preacher at a woke church giving a 'revised' story about Moses and the flood to her poor congregation. She says God brought the flood to the people because they were doing "mean things". She did not go into detail, (like maybe Sodom and Gomorrah).

This sort of modern, revised theology seems to promote something of a surrender to sexual center drives, (i.e., we are evil and sinful and it's okay because God made us the way we are (or some such)) while discrediting the spiritual side of humanity and deeper soulful considerations.

Woke Church’s Storytime About Noah and the Flood Is About As Bad As You’d Expect
Pilgrim Congregational Church in Duluth, MN, is about as compromised as they come. Led by the excretable ‘Impastor’ Rev. Dr. Carla Jean Bailey, this ‘church’ exemplifies what it means to be a United Church of Christ congregation. Consisting entirely of senior citizens subdivided into weak-willed women and effete men, this extravagantly pro-choice, pro-LGBTQ goat pen will be gone in a decade or two, as they are wholly irrelevant and their only impact on the Kingdom of God is to draw people away from it.

During a recent service Interfaith Pride Celebration, which included congregants and ‘pastors’ from other nearby UCC churches and they still couldn’t fill the room, the Rev Bailey led the church through a read-and-response call to worship, which had the bastardized phrase “We praise God, for we are queer-fully and wonderfully made.”

She also laments that the church condemns trans and ‘2-spirited’ identities and then recounts the story of Noah and the flood to some children who hadn’t heard it before, and her version is about as bad as one could expect.

Here is a female preacher at a woke church giving a 'revised' story about Moses and the flood to her poor congregation. She says God brought the flood to the people because they were doing "mean things". She did not go into detail, (like maybe Sodom and Gomorrah).
lol "god folded earth because he wanted to stop global warming and also there was a lot of bigots around not using the correct pronouns either". Funny enough, this made me realize that this is a religious dogma.

It's sad to see the church so worried to pander to the crowd, so much so that they'd behave in such irrational ways.

Back
Top Bottom