General Draft in Poland

j0da

Jedi Council Member
Polish National Ministry of Defence (read Ministry of War) has just announced it's plans to implement an amendment to an act which regulates citizen duties regarding national defence. New rules state that every year, EVERY healthy male aged 19 will have to take part in an intesive military training lasting four months. There will be no exceptions to the rule, all deferments which were available till now (for students and the only breadwinners of their families) will be cancelled.

"A couple of months in the army won't ruin anyone's life or career, but it will make our society trained in case of war, terrorist attacks or cataclysms. It's crucial that all young polish men go through this intensive military training, before we convert our army to fully professional one" - gen. Stanislaw Koziej

Now, let's see.. indeed, those couple of months may not ruin anyone's career, but spoiling the minds is surely on it's way.

It is bad. During my times, in the communist Poland, for some two years during my studies, I had to have a "military praparation" class one day a week. Usually I was able to spend this time reading at the back of the classroom or sleeping under the desk. When we went in the field, I would discuss philosphy with my collegues. Then there was one month, at the end of this training, when we had to live on the "polygon" and to wear the military clothes all the day long. That was bad. Philosophy was not on my mind any more, as one had learn how to avoid being catched on something that would imply a "punishment". I was not always successful. Four months? It can leave a permanent trace in the brain.

Well, polish army may be a bit different today, but the difference lies only in the kind of oppresion, imho. And one thing is certain - during "four month INTENSIVE training" there won't be ANY time for philosophy, it will be possible to fit much propaganda and brainwashing though. Especially, if the level of stress and exhaustion rises high, young minds will become even more docile and susceptible to indoctrination. One can expect some 'mandatory vaccinations' and 'turning kids into men' carried out by older psychopatic soldiers as well.

But, still, this project may be cancelled. We shall see if it's serious thing or just another ponerological ploy designed to instigate even more fear among this society.
Present polish government seemingly specializes in fearmongering and dividing our nation. Of course, it's labeled "decommunization", "screening", "cleaning the atmosphere", "war with corruption", but the ONLY effect I see so far is huge emmigration. I can feel it every moment I walk the streets of my city, when I'm in a shop, in a club, at the beach. There is something strange, something what I didn't feel a couple years ago. I suffices to take a good look at the crowd, listen to casual conversations, watch how people behave. Where are those young, intelligent, educated, cultural and creative polish people? They are GONE. They are not here. It's freaking me out more and more.

Due to the political condition in Cyrpus, since the occupation war of 1974, all males as soon as they finish with highschool MUST serve the army (training, guarding, etc) for 26 months! They go in naive and dreamy youths, and most come out fanatics. The only ways out of doing the army service is to have some physical impairment, mental problems, or be homosexual. Those who do not do the army find it hard to get jobs later on, as they are frowned upon by the "macho" "healthy" "patriots". The Jahova witnesses (sp?) go for 6 months in jail 'cause their belief forbids them from serving.

Only now it occurs to me the damage that they really undergo. Many soldiers commited suicide, others suffered from deep depression, and from my brothers experience, i know that many power/control hungry men are in command. Sad for all in any country who have to undergo this :(

In Greece "boot camp" is eight weeks. Young men enter and something else comes out, something hard. What is funny is that after a year and a half of service (I got off with six months) most people have a blank spot regarding most of what happened during that year and a half.

There is a big push not to examine oneself from the program that says if you question the situation "you are a traitor to your country and less than a man". When I decided to come back to Greece to get this obligation over and done, I had to go to passport offices, social security and other places to get papers ready.

As soon as I mentioned I was going into training everyone smiled, patted me on the back, gave me their place in line, and treated me like a human being, regardless of the fact that I was going into service in another country. When I came here, everyone was telling me how finally at 35 I would become a man.

Although adverse to the whole thing, I figured I could adapt to the exercise and even the target practice. The reality, however, was much worse than that. I read a thread here about corporations forcing vaccinations on employees because of the threat of measles. This was similar to having the psyche "vaccinated" with toxic programming. Just the purposeful sleep deprivation made it seem like some mind control program was being perpetrated.

For the first time in my life I demanded my parents pull strings to get me out of the frontier place where I was stationed. For "daring" to leave I was place in a bunk during my last week over a wasp nest, and stung repetitively every night for that last week. It took me a while to be able to comfortably fall asleep after that. And that was just one minor incident.

It's strange to me that while every European country is decreasing military service time Poland has decided to instill mandatory training. Personally, I've never encountered a more nefarious medium of systematic psychopathic infection than the military.

More from mexico...

If you are 17 years old and registered student you can be "available" (en disponibilidad) and avoid the saturdays "stuff", besides you can sign for the INEA (national institute for adults education) and help in the alphabetization of adults instead of the military "exercises" described by The Gardener.

net8a you are totally right: There IS a chance to skip all this. This happens with a raffle because there is too much people. You draw White ball and Black ball. Then you can skip all this and remaian "available", or get the saturdays stuff... or go for the INEA.

Back
Top Bottom