Frustration with wishful thinking

Thanks Prayers for Rain. I was wondering why so many posts were coming from someone who appeared to have no interest in learning, just in telling. That thread explains a lot.

This is really a belated response to Manitoban.

manitoban said:
T.Illion, in the book Darkness Over Tibet makes some interesting comments that may relate to the idea of wanting to wake up the New Age wishful thinkers. On page 153 he writes about how he wonders whether to tell the truth to a man who "believes" he has found the answers and salvation.

"The poor, kindhearted man! He thought he was in the city of a Great Light Power, and the thought that I did not want “salvation” made him sad.
For a moment I contemplated whether I should tell him bluntly that he really was in the city of the Evil One, but strange to say I felt that I could not.
For spiritual realizations entail enormous spiritual responsibilities. Even the Powers of Evil have their spiritual mission. They snatch souls if men themselves give them up. By his spiritual sins man himself weakens the ties which link him to his soul, and the more he sins spiritually the more he strikes himself with blindness until he can no longer see the difference between God and the Creator, no matter how high are his occult accomplishments. The devil tempts, but he can only seize souls that voluntarily yield to his temptations.
That is a law of the universe. I felt I could save no one from the Evil One. By telling Narbu that the Exalted Jewel was identical with the Prince of Darkness I should have influenced his spiritual destiny, which lay in his own hands. I felt I had no right to do that for the supreme spiritual law is absolutely free choice by every individual. Man himself can choose resplendent light, but he himself can also throw himself down into the bottomless abyss from whence there is no return."

After you wrote this, the book caught my curiosity and I wrote down the title and then subsequently forgot about it. Just recently I found the title written down and checked out the book and ordered it and read it straight after it arrived. It had quite a strong effect on me, much of what Illion says has pretty much mirrored some conversations I've had in real life. When I got to the part where he leaves Narbu, in fact the exact part you quoted on this thread, I burst into tears. I'm not even quite sure why - perhaps the realisation that I will have to watch many kindhearted people lose their souls, coupled with the horror that it is a possibility for me too if I'm not careful. It really made me feel sad, is it wrong to feel sad about this?

Reading this book was also like a slap in the face to wake up to this problem I have with wishful thinkers. Coincidentally (or perhaps not) whilst reading this book I was yet again caught in another discussion with a wishful thinker. Although my sense of frustration has lessened since I began this thread and occasionally I remember to not say what I think, on this occasion I thought the person was open to discussion and did say what I thought. And I see that, unlike Illion, I was trying to influence a spiritual destiny: violating free will of others, even if mildly. Should one always keep quiet in these matters? (in the case I mentioned, this person was seemingly open to discussion, but nonetheless it seemed quite clear that he would prefer to keep to his view).

I wanted to thankyou Manitoban for pointing me towards this because I realise that I have a long way to go with working on this and learning discernment and it has showed up some key reasons why I get upset particularly with wishful thinkers sometimes.

Inti said:
It had quite a strong effect on me, much of what Illion says has pretty much mirrored some conversations I've had in real life. When I got to the part where he leaves Narbu, in fact the exact part you quoted on this thread, I burst into tears. I'm not even quite sure why - perhaps the realisation that I will have to watch many kindhearted people lose their souls, coupled with the horror that it is a possibility for me too if I'm not careful. It really made me feel sad, is it wrong to feel sad about this?
I also had a strong reaction to this book, very similar to what you describe. The sadness is not wrong at all, osit, but just a reaction to seeing the truth, which is very often painful indeed.

Here is what the C's had to say about this book:

I want to ask about this book I was reading earlier by T. Illion. He claims that he traveled to Tibet and found this
underground city and interacted with these strange people. Was this an actual trip this guy made in a traditional 3rd density sense?
A: It is a disguise for conveying truths of a spiritual nature as well as a depiction of 4th Density realities.

Personally I love this book, and find it has an absolute wealth of useful knowledge.

Back
Top Bottom