forumite in my dream

domi

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
I was wondering if anybody else has had a member of this forum that they don't know in their dreams (second time for this individual in this case).
Last night I had a dream where this person appeared much younger (a wee boy) than in real life (a man). The strange thing was the incredible wisdom this kid had, in fact I listened to him as if I was listening to a teacher. The funny thing was we were riding our bicycles along a canal while this was going on. Unfortunately I don't remember much more detail.

What are your thoughts on this?

Funny, my last dream before waking up this morning was:

I was walking side by side with a forum member (forgot name) and we talked. We were on a sidewalk and watched cars driving by. Two cars had customized licence plates with forum member-names on them. One name I forgot, the other I rememer. I was happy that the members were so numerous around. Woke immediately up.

So I searched for the forum member this morning and went through the messages. Found Danny's message and remembered my thoughts from yesterday's evening (before I read Danny's thread) that fit as a reply. Maybe it is something else I should read from this member...

I am beginning to have dreams which fit to a story of friends around me. It is amazing. :)

Maybe dreaming about forum members show how we might feel some bond with them, spiritually speaking ?

I have to say I dreamt about Ark twice, once he was showing me very complicated math figures on a chalkboard and I did not get it at all and another time where he told me about electro-magnetic pulse spiders with huge blue electric bellies that were made in Israel.

Another time I had the word Namaste going round in my head each time I woke up during the night for almost one week, this could be related to the forum member or not.

Go figure.

Yep, had a dream where Ark was in it - we were holed up in a hotel room with a couple of others (dont think they were forumites) hoping the people who were after us (heavily armed police?) would not find us. Alas, they did, the door opened... then that was the end of the dream.

Two nights ago Anart was present in a strange dream involving trains, my best friend and family members I havent seen in years...

How do I know it was them? Not sure! I just know when I'm having the dream.

Tigersoap said:
Another time I had the word Namaste going round in my head each time I woke up during the night for almost one week, this could be related to the forum member or not.

Go figure.
Sorry to have wake you up. :)

A dream I don't remember much from is I was on the Appalachian trail and was afraid of something and went to a small house where Laura was at and we talked.

Two other dreams where I had the impression of meeting with people from the SOTT forum, but mostly didn't identify with specific individuals:

I went to a house on a hill/cliff on the edge of wildlife park and went inside. In the house were individuals that I perceived to be from the SOTT forum, one I thought was Ark. In the dream, while in the same room with this group, I was startled to see the ghost of a young girl in the kitchen connected to the room, early-teens, that looked at me and I turned away. I asked to group who/what she was. Can't remember the specifics of the conversation. I saw her again a short time later and was less startled, but when she started walking towards me I became afraid and turned away. Again I talked with the group. After this everyone from the house went outside, it was night but not dark, to the back yard which sloped upward and ended in a cliff, so that we could see something in the sky. I saw the ghost girl a third time and she was walking towards me with arms outstretched and I didn't turn away from her, but in some calm way asked to be left alone. The group and I in unison started to say repeatedly "go into the light." A opening or light appeared in the sky near the edge of the cliff and she flew/spiraled into it.

I had the impression of meeting with others from the forum at the end of a dream. I was hiking with a friend of mine in what I think was the Pacific North West. At night I woke up to due to a humming sound, went outside and saw a black paralellogram rimmed with a red glow in the sky almost above me. Next I was walking across a bridge over a small river and a group of large people grabbed me. Then I was in a canoe/boat on a lake and was talking with a man. He was trying to convince me to stay with them and I decided not to. I was led back to the bridge where I was shown a large broken helmet in a box that I was told was mine to wear if I wanted it. I said no and went back over the bridge and couldn't find my friend, but found a town in the mountains where a group of people in a large house gave me shelter. Next I was talking to the group in a study or library in the house and wanted to know what they thought about where I should go from here. The group in the house I had the impression of being people from the SOTT forum.

I had a really peculiar dream a while back involving the SOTT team or at least it "felt" like it was them-although I have never really met any in person-and the weird thing is I really couldn't SEE any of the people-only "perceived" their near prescence.

The dream took place in an old farmhouse (at least it seemed like it was like that-an old multi story with many small rooms, with a stair that ran along the outer wall and all the rooms were situated near the landings)-There were lots of wires and weird electronic gizmos-and a "control" room that was darkened and full of computers and roaring fans to cool the equipment. It had the feeling of a place where everything was co-ordinated and this was essential to the operations-like a lot of activity took place here.

Someone who seemed to me was "Anart" but again I could not see this person - I just "knew" somehow that's who it was- was trying to control a problem with the computers-which could not be possible could it? The computers are not in the same location (as Anart) if I remember-and there was this "presence" the "Laura" was "here" that pervaded the whole thing-it was truly one of the strangest dreams I have ever had...and I am not making this up! Exactly like that-"THE Laura"- But I never actually saw anyone!

No compelling reason I had this dream at all-it just happened. I have, as stated never met (at least to my knowledge) any of the team- but who knows. Laura doesn't know me from Adam and no reason to figure prominently in any dream of mine-I am not that advanced in esoteric knowledge-at least in this incarnation-although I feel like I was railroaded very early in life-but don't we all?So no reason to connect. Maybe it was just a subconcious thing.

I will ask a further question-dealing again with perception-has anyone ever seen their reflection in a mirror in a dream? To see yourself AS you see youself everyday in waking life?

I have thought about it and realized I never have! I always know it is "me"-and may "perceive" myself as a child, an old man or what ever-but have NOT seen my own reflection in a mirror, glass or water. How weird is that?What does that mean?

I'm dreamt of several forum members before. Never saw anything remarkable in it, bound to happen if you spend too much time on the forum. Or is there such a thing? ;)

I think that a dream I had was about sott, maybe that is just my wishful thinking of "i wish it were about sott". I better tell it. Actually i see dreams extremely rarely (or, better, remember them). In 10 years I had only 3 very strange dreams I remember vividly in minute details, and in all of them I was able to observe myself from some distance, and the next moment, return inside the body, it was like being a cameraman free to choose what scene of dream to film from what position. Dream I think is connected to sott, I had it in the first week of June, just before Esoquest quit forum. Working name is The Unbabel Tower.
The setting was on the beautiful island, it felt like Wales or one of tiny English countryside islands. Island was bright-green from fluffy grass popping everywhere and was side marked by unapproachable rocky cliffs which made natural protection from intruders. First I saw island from the birds eye view, as three of us (2 women and one man) were flying around, flying somehow using only our bodies, to get acquainted with isle surroundings. It felt like we were a squad as all three of us moved really in unison. Then we landed in front of a strange building. It was the only building on that island, made of glass or like transparent material, very high multi-store cylindrical, with egg-shaped roofing. There were no other persons on this little island outside of the Tower. People inside that Tower greeted us. There was an adamant activity going on inside, i had a strong feeling something to be prepared, but not so many people moving inside the building. Actually our "squad" was taken on tour to see the glass tower. Inside each room had two-storied beds to sleep, a long discussion table, lots of PCs, kilometers of wires and cables everywhere. What struck me I didn't see any kitchen, anything associated with food storage and cooking in Tower. And then there were no kids, only adults almost all the same age. Busy, very busy. Every store and every room had the same activity going on: writing, discussing in small and larger groups, somebody visibly tired was sleeping, somebody typing. The next episode I remember our squad of 3 returns extremely tired and exhausted from something like a night shift on watch, we enter a room and land down on the edge of a discussion table, but we are too tired to participate in discussion. My partner in squad is a lovely brown-haired young woman, with curly-curly medium length brownish hair, brown eyes and round face and marvelous pinky cheeks as only girls in English - Welsh countryside would have. Very English, very Jane Eyre. We slept on arms of each other over a tabletop for a little while as it wasn't enough time to go to beds we had to do something urgent and didn't have much time to rest, the next thing I remember when I opened eyes in disbelief - right in front of us there was a couple engaged in sex not paying attention to anybody else discussing something on the other side of the long table. I raised eyes in disbelief to my partner in squad - what these are doing here? She answered: don't worry, they are here by chance, will leave soon. And the very next moment I looked across the table - the couple indeed wasn't there any longer. I remember we were discussing something regarding imminent attack from outside that island, which was coming soon from every direction. Imminence was like perceivable directly in the air (don't know how to explain better that feeling - attack and everything associated with intruders was perceived directly in a strange way, and intruders were not to be seen, but perceived like fast moving energy cloths greenish and brownish in color).
And we all were anxious as the success of our plan of counterattack depended on 3 young men sent in outside world with a mission. They had to return back with an object. I remember we all leaning in front of glass panels to see if they were coming. And finally somebody shouted: "They are coming! God! They are coming!" Everybody in that glass building ran to the side they were coming to greet them and one of them started opening a package he was holding to hand it to somebody ... and here I woke. I don't know what the object was, as it was enveloped. What a shame to wake on the verge of seeing cream of your dream!
Actually I don't remember seeing Laura or Ark but I think one of three men returning from a mission was like Joe. The only person I remember from dream really well is my partner, a woman with round face, curly hair, healthy pinky cheeks and very cheerful appearance. Since then I didn't have any dreams I could remember of. Maybe this one wasn't about sott, I tried to write down everything I saw in that dream anyway.

The dream I had was where there were many people mingling about. Sort of some kind of seminar or workshop. Chairs all around the hall and people walking around. It was like a break during a presentation where everyone one mingles around talking to each other. I don't remember most of the people that were around but I distinctly remember Laura sitting all by herself in the corner just looking around at everybody and particularly in my direction. She had some papers and a file on her lap (do you do that Laura?). Finding her free, I was literally dragging my wife to go meet her. I remember clearly that I wanted my wife to meet Laura, hoping that perhaps Laura might be able to do what I am incapable of doing, i.e to wake her up. But before I could reach her, I woke up.

After I thought about it, I've had a few dreams that people from the QFS have been in.

My earliest dream had Ark and Laura managing to get to 4th density (it looked like they teleported - Star Treck style) whilst a certain VB character was 'breaking in' to some sort of fenced off forbidden area. When he got there he just sat around looking like a king and when the storm troopers came, he couldn't understand why they didn't treat him as some kind of a 'hero', they just treated him as an ordinary moron. There were lots of other people there, but they had been 'captured' and were all sitting in amphetheatres looking confused. I got the feeling that they couldn't actually see the storm troopers when they came thundering in. Johnno stole a toaster in this dream and I couldn't figure out why, but I thought it was funny at the time.

My next dream was when I was invited to a wedding at the QFS where I was supposed to get married. I turned up and it was a really awkward moment as not only was I inappropriately dressed but the wrong person. You know that feeling when everyone is looking daggers at you! Anyway, whilst all this was happening someone was breaking into my house that I had come from through 'back door' upstairs loft. I sort of took that to mean my computer had been hacked, at the time.

Savage Dog kills a boy dream: I managed to get past what looked like an extremely fierce looking guard dog sitting at the bottom of a set of stairs. I thought I'd climb it, just to have a look (I knew it didn't lead anywhere, but I wanted to explore 'the ruins'). Before I turned round to go back down, the man known as VB appeared at the top of the stairs waving and shouting as if trying to encourage people to come up the stairs. I thought he was obviously very silly as I knew that the stairs didn't lead anywhere. I turned around to find a child with me whom I knew to be Andy Rowland. He was about five years old. He started running back down the stairs and I shouted at him to wait because he had no protection on his own. Unfortunately he had put too much distance between us and a viscious dog that looked like the Hound of the Baskervilles. It raced past me and grabbed Andy by the throat, killing him. This was very upsetting because if the child hadn't raced away he would have had some protection. Not a very nice dream and quite messy.

I've had two dreams with Henry in them. Once he was a well dressed 'spy' sitting in they foyer area of what looks to be a hotel in the Middle East. I had Egypt in mind as a setting. I was also a spy, but my 'cover' was a tourist. This seemed to be the only appropriate 'cover' for somebody who looked and acted a lot like Austin Powers. I couldn't make 'contact' because we were being 'watched' by hotel staff, and besides, Henry was glaring at me with a 'go away' look, so I resigned myself to hiding behind a pot plant. The third member of our group of three was Nick Berg. He thought all this spy business was a big joke and a game and 'fun'. I saw him going to a meeting with people I didn't know, they were dressed in suits and looked a little like 'security'.

Next dream with Henry: I was battling flying crocodiles and trying to deal with a 'code grey' with a mentally disabled patient in the hospital/Navy base where I used to live. He was the director of nursing in this hospital and unfortunately wasn't much help. Well, administrators never are, are they? In the end, I got help from my collegues. This dream was not as much fun as the one where I got to play Austin Powers...

Last but not least, I was trying to find my way to a class in order to register and I got lost. Ark was there in the coridoor dressed as a janitor complete with mop and broom sets and janitor cart, so I asked him where I should go. He directed me in the right direction, but I don't think I was quick enough, my class had disappeared by the time I got there, I was late. Its kind of weird, but everytime I dream I'm in a school setting there seem to be very few people about and hardly any people in the corridors its almost as if they're avoiding me for some reason. This isn't how it is in 3d, that's for sure. I always hated school because it was too crowded and full of 'herding stupid cattle' which I couldn't stand. But the places in my dream dont seem to have many people around. And the ones that are, like me (and with the exception of Ark), don't seem know what they are doing and are continuously getting lost..

Some of my weird and silly dreams over the past 5 years. I've left out the one where I was doing a 'lady Godiva' at the airport with an orange shipping container. That was just too silly for words and besides, I was being ignored in my dream, so it didn't work anyway :D

Thank you for sharing. And Atreides, it was nice hanging out with you (again), even if it was in a dream. Instead of bicycles, how about some beers the next time?

Back
Top Bottom