Fort WTC - NYPD building Fortress around WTC

angelburst29

The Living Force
You know, how you read something and you understanding what they are saying BUT the impression you get - isn't anything like they are describing? "Welcome to Fort WTC" for an extra 40 Million, complete with a 16-acre security perimeter.

http://www.fromthetrenchesworldreport.com/the-nypd-is-building-a-fortress-around-the-world-trade-center/44674#more-44674

Now that 1 World Trade has its spire, the city’s gearing up for the building’s opening next year, and it looks like security around it is going to be tight; the NYPD just unveiled its security plan for the area surrounding the World Trade Center, and they’re creating an intense, fortress-like barrier to keep cars at bay.
The NYPD’s proposal, which would cost about $40 million to implement, calls for a 16-acre security perimeter that would include guard booths, checkpoints, vehicle barricades and other barriers that would stand between the World Trade Center and the general public. And unsurprisingly, building an ostensible NYPD moat around the WTC has stirred up some controversy. Pedestrians and cyclists will still be able to access the area easily, but cars will be cut off from Greenwich and Fulton Streets. Area residents had hoped those thoroughfares, which had been cut off by the Twin Towers, would stay open, symbolically and physically connecting the World Trade Center to the rest of the city.

“Greenwich Street is not only symbolically important,” Amanda Burden, the chairwoman of the city’s Planning Commission, told CityRoom back in April 2002. “It’s about beginning to interconnect the totally disconnected elements of Lower Manhattan.”

But if the NYPD’s barricade plans are implemented, the WTC will be more isolated from the city than ever. “It’s going to be better for pedestrians and it’s going to be worse for vehicles. That’s a good thing,” Jeff Zupan of the Regional Plan Association told the Post. “The bad thing is that you have these checkpoints that make it look more like an armed camp or a gated community.” In addition to closing Greenwich and Fulton Streets, Vesey and Liberty Streets would also be closed to through traffic at both ends of the site, and vehicles and tour buses will have to be screened for car bombs at a “sally port”, a secure, controlled entryway often seen outside prisons, before going near the buildings.

Then again, considering the World Trade Center has been attacked twice in its history, it’s not so surprising the NYPD’s taking such serious security measures to keep it safe. “If you accept the fact that vehicles have to be checked, that’s unavoidable,” Zupan told the Times. “I’m not quite sure how to overcome that. It might be the byproduct of the fact that the World Trade Center was a place where 3,000 people died.”

Other day I read a article talking of 'back to glory' with the construction of tallest WTC structure in the western world. This made me think what a stupidest idea it is. If a comet fragment hits it ( being the tallest building ), what will happen ?.

- 7 billion population go through the trauma of that 911 fateful day and more than decade worth of Orwellian pain , war, disassociation and torture again in a short time.
- Bathtub will be breached, it means Manhattan ( so called financial fate of world ) sealed with Hudson water in no time.

If the tall structure is attraction to the comet fragments, it can happen to empire state building or any other tall building around the world, but world may not feel of it. But with WTC, world can feel the decade worth of torture in their bones instantly.

If the 2nd WTC bombing is done through air, how does this ground fortress is going to help?. Or is it excuse to permanently place drones in the NYC air space ( as a starting point before expanding world wide )? .

Well I think that it is just a cover maneuver. Maybe there is something unique about this place, like some energy vortex or whatever and they want to utilize it in some way.
so they had to demolish the old building in a fancy disasterous way because nobody in the right mind would allow it to demolish the building in legal way. And now they are utilizing this place for some sort of experiment. So I would say that it is part of their plan to increase security and then build a fortress and whatever to protect their interests. And in this world it is not even suspicious cause everyone is afraid of 'terrorists' and people are full of fear so they will consent with anything. I would say that their destiny was alreade sealed.

seek10 said:
If the 2nd WTC bombing is done through air, how does this ground fortress is going to help?. Or is it excuse to permanently place drones in the NYC air space ( as a starting point before expanding world wide )? .

I was thinking the same thing. If the last attacks came from above then what good is a ground force? I think obviously for keeping the masses at bay for when the people finally wake up. The psychopaths now have a safe haven to run to. The drones was a good point too. Its probably only a matter of time before we start seeing those. Makes me wonder what they might have built underneath the tower also. A smaller version of the Denver airport possibly?

Massive security implementation on the ground can only be to keep the masses out or evne keep certain people in. That leads to the real question, "Who owns the new WTC and what companies will be stationed there?" I think the answer to that question will answer the real reason for all the ground security.

One of my thoughts when reading the article was this referance, "The NYPD’s proposal, which would cost about $40 million to implement, calls for a 16-acre security perimeter .... " on top of the project, itself. It's located on Prime Real Estate, to begin with and now they're asking for 16 more acres?

I don't remember, off hand, how much rebuilding the WTC cost and the size of the Lot to begin with but this extra "mega security" seems alittle dramatic. And for what purpose? It certainly doesn't honor those who lost their lives - that fateful day - or the lives that still suffer from it's effects?

Guard booths, checkpoints, vehicle barricades and other barriers that would stand between the World Trade Center and the general public, on another 16 acres, sounds more like the Military bases that the US has built oversees, especially the one in Iraq? It's like putting a McFort in the heart of the City.

On another note, it's only a few months back that Superstorm Sandy devastated the shore lines of both New York and New Jersey, with Jersey getting the blunt of it. Could you picture a scenerio like the Japan tsunami squarely hitting New York and dragging everything back into the water and reclaiming the Island?
Maybe, the Freedom Tower Spire will be the only visible marker, that a civilization once thrived there?

Back
Top Bottom