Fomenko's "New Chronology"

Re: Fomenko's \

Meanwhile, here's a news item that wouldn't surprise Fomenko a bit since he suggests that "ancient writings" on paper, papyrus, vellum, etc, were fabricated during the Renaissance. He may be right.

Egyptian papyrus found in ancient Irish bog

Irish scientists have found fragments of Egyptian papyrus in the leather cover of an ancient book of psalms that was unearthed from a peat bog, Ireland's National Museum said on Monday.

The papyrus in the lining of the Egyptian-style leather cover of the 1,200-year-old manuscript, "potentially represents the first tangible connection between early Irish Christianity and the Middle Eastern Coptic Church", the Museum said.

"It is a finding that asks many questions and has confounded some of the accepted theories about the history of early Christianity in Ireland."

Raghnall O Floinn, head of collections at the Museum, said the manuscript, now known as the "Faddan More Psalter", was one of the top ten archaeological discoveries in Ireland.

It was uncovered four years ago by a man using a mechanical digger to harvest peat near Birr in County Tipperary, but analysis has only just been completed.

O Floinn told AFP the illuminated vellum manuscript encased in the leather binding dated from the eighth century but it was not known when or why it ended up in the bog where it was preserved by the chemicals in the peat.

"It appears the manuscript's leather binding came from Egypt. The question is whether the papyrus came with the cover or if it was added.

"It is possible that the imperfections in the hide may allow us to confirm the leather is Egyptian.

"We are trying to track down if there somebody who can tell us if this is possible. That is the next step."

O Floinn said the psalter is about the size of a tabloid newspaper and about 15 percent of the pages of the psalms, which are written in Latin, had survived.

The experts believe the manuscript of the psalms was produced in an Irish monastery and it was later put in the leather cover.

"The cover could have had several lives before it ended up basically as a folder for the manuscript in the bog," O Floinn said.

"It could have travelled from a library somewhere in Egypt to the Holy Land or to Constantinople or Rome and then to Ireland."

The National Museum in Dublin plans to put the psalter on public display for the first time next year.

Re: Fomenko's

Laura said:
I want to know what really happened too, but I'm in more and more despair as I read on. I'm almost done with volume 1... and it's been a rough go, for sure.

His evidence about the triad of eclipses is, IMO, unassailable. And the zodiacs... and the dating of Revelations.

But, I don't think that history was made up as he describes it exactly. As Hildegarda said, it's a bit Russo-centric.

I'm going to keep reading and looking for clues.

Yes. He is pretty Russo-centric and Bysantophile, and that's pity because taking sides minimise objectivity of his work. More I go deeper in to the Vol: 1,2 and 3, I have impression he found great historical mistakes but making new by himself (like his statements; Genghis Khan and the Mongols were actually Russians-hmm I don't think Mongols will ever agree with this, especially due to almost colonial rules of Russia over Mongolia in last 60 years and many antropo political & social differences, or his statement that most probable prototype of historical Jesus was a Byzantine emperor, Andronikos I Komnenos BTW this emperor had nothing but refoms, actually failed reforms, well I would not comment this part same as his idea of Tamerlane as probably a Russian warlord). I was really mesmerised with his calculations in "Geometrical and Statistical Methods of Analysis of Star Configurations. Dating Ptolemy's Almagest" and now when reading History: Fiction or Science? Chronology 1,2 and 3, I'm a bit disappointed because he is trying to be bombastic and shocking, OK I agree he found so many discrepancies, official history is mostly a lie and political manifest written by the winners or conquerors but I have strong impression like two different persons were writing his books, one brilliant and clever showing the hot spots and discovering historical lies, and other person who is trying to fill one type of lies with something I don't know how to name it.

And definitely agree with Laura, the best option is to continue reading and looking for clues, what else.....,...

Where are we at this point? I am catching up as I was side lined
for weeks with personal tasks to get done...

But in any case, even though there are bias by the author and
I agree the author points out some glaring discrepancies of the
official historical record (Scaligerian) it is interesting and it is
going to take some time to slow down and hopefully find the
"hidden jewels" in the cracks of the road...

What I found interesting was just how history is supposed to
refer to historical records in order to support the official record
whilst these "records of the past" are mysteriously vanishing as
time moves forward?

Anyway, I read this:

CHRONO1-pp27 said:
[...]
De Architectura by Vitruvius was discovered as
late as 1497 – according to N. A.Morozov ([544], vol.
4, page 624), the astronomical part of the book quotes
the periods of heliocentric planetary circulations with
the utmost precision! Vitruvius, an architect who is
supposed to have lived in the I-II century a.d., knew
these periods better than Copernicus the astronomer!
Furthermore, his error in what concerns the circulation
of Saturn differs from the modern value of the
period by a ratio of 0.00007. The error ratio for Mars
is 0.006, and a mere 0.003 for Jupiter, q.v. in the analysis
([544], vol. 4, pages 625-626).
[...]

So in the aftermath of the "Dark Age" period, this manuscript
was discovered among the rubble?

Moving along...

_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitruvius said:
[...]
Marcus Vitruvius Pollio (born c. 80–70 BC, died after c. 15 BC)
was a Roman writer, architect and engineer...
[...]

And this...

_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicolaus_Copernicus said:
Nicolaus Copernicus (Polish: Mikołaj Kopernik; German: Nikolaus Kopernikus; in his youth, Niclas Koppernigk;[1] Italian: Nicolò Copernico; 19 February 1473 – 24 May 1543) was a Renaissance astronomer and the first person to formulate a comprehensive heliocentric cosmology, which displaced the Earth from the center of the universe.[2]

Does this imply that Copernicus obtained the heliocentric view
from this source: "De Architectura by Vitruvius", and simply
obtained credit for it's "(re)discovery"?

But notice Aristotle & Ptolomy, but Ptolomy reinforced the Geocentric view,
which occurred after the time of Vitruvius?

_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aristotle said:
[...]
Aristotle (Greek: Ἀριστοτέλης, Aristotélēs) (384 BC – 322 BC)
[...]

So this Geocentric view must have occurred long before Vitruvius?
Moving on...

_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ptolemy said:
[...]
Claudius Ptolemaeus (Greek: Κλαύδιος Πτολεμαῖος Klaúdios Ptolemaîos; c. AD 90 – c. 168)
[...]
From Picture on the left:
An early Baroque artist's rendition of Claudius Ptolemaeus.
Born c. AD 90
Egypt
Died c. AD 168 (aged 77–78)
Alexandria, Egypt
Occupation mathematician, geographer, astronomer, astrologer

Notice the Christianized form, holding the Cross of Christ...
done in the period of the Renaissance... Probably beautified
for his Geo. view and the full backing of the RC Church...

Does this imply Ptolomy is an upsurper of the Heliocentric view?

I note:
_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Ages said:
[...]
The term "Dark Ages" was originally intended to denote the
entire period between the fall of Rome and the Renaissance;
[...]

And that "period" could be rather a huge period/gap, or so it seems...

Well! It is all strange and interesting all at the same time!

Moving along!

{Edited:
Added Aristotle reference/DOB/D
Expanded bold highlighting on Dark Ages period
Other corrections...}

Mod's note: fixed quote box

More history lies:

1- For most of the visitors of ancient city of Petra, mysterious disappearance of Nabateans will never be explicitly explained, even in historical books the real fact for the end of Nabatean culture will be shown kind a blurry, in fact we are under spell of 2000 years of Roman PR, what really happened, Nabateans were skillful merchants, artists and excellent defenders of their city. Roman emperor Trajan attempted to take Petra twice unsuccessfully. He finally succeeded around 106AD by poisoning the spring that provided much of the city's water. Roman PR machine did not wait for long to react on biological genocide, actually THEY DID NOT REACT, other mass poisoning in Ancient Greece, Persia and Rome were well documented, Petra and Trajan's biological warfare was successfully overlooked in every Roman history record, same thing happened with the city it self, it was forgotten. By the 16th century, the city had all but vanished from the map, only to be rediscovered a Swiss traveler in 1812.

1-Columbian Exchange is the most common name for gold & silver exchange during 15th century. Colubbian Exchange in historic books is related with trade and gold flood in 15th century in real life Columbian exchange influenced in explosion of population in Europe, depopulation of west Africa, depopulation of Americas with spreading of diseases, genocides and slavery, it as well influenced on blocking of spread of Islam in Africa due to human trafficking, last but not the least Columbian Exchange made Roman Christianity biggest organized religion on the earth.

3-Hitler many times stated his total distrust and haterid to wards communists but in real life Hitler was one of the organized troops and loud advocate of The Bavarian Soviet Republic, also known as the Munich Soviet Republic between 1918 and 1919.
As well there's lot a mystery and probably lies covering Hitler's suicide, the newest DNA analysis on bullet that apparently killed Hitler made me think twice about official story of Hitler's end. More on: http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/weird/Hitler-Mystery--62320657.html

I'm sure I'll find more......,...

Oh, it gets much worse. Not only do we have Fomenko's revelations to contend with, there is now also "Cataclsym" by Allan and Delair. Highly recommended along with "Uriel's Machine" by Knight and Lomas.

Laura said:
Oh, it gets much worse. Not only do we have Fomenko's revelations to contend with, there is now also "Cataclsym" by Allan and Delair. Highly recommended along with "Uriel's Machine" by Knight and Lomas.

There's two of Uriel's Machine listed on Amazon:

Uriel's Machine: Uncovering the Secrets of Stonehenge, Noah's Flood and the Dawn of Civilization by Christopher Knight and Robert Lomas (2001)

Uriel's Machine: the Prehistoric Technology That Survived the Flood by Christopher; Lomas, Robert Knight (2004)

They kind of got the names mixed up on the second one.

Which one are you referring to?

Nienna Eluch said:
Laura said:

Uriel's Machine: Uncovering the Secrets of Stonehenge, Noah's Flood and the Dawn of Civilization by Christopher Knight and Robert Lomas (2001)

Uriel's Machine: the Prehistoric Technology That Survived the Flood by Christopher; Lomas, Robert Knight (2004)

I think they're just two editions of the same book, but I'm not absolutely sure about that.

Approaching Infinity said:
Nienna Eluch said:
Laura said:

I think they're just two editions of the same book, but I'm not absolutely sure about that.

I was wondering about that myself. But with the two different subtitles, I wasn't sure.

Nienna Eluch said:

Robert Lomas and Christopher Knight have written a total of four books together, as their website indicates.

“Uriel’s Machine” was their third book, and it seems to have a variety of subtitles. My copy, a British one, is subtitled “The Prehistoric Technology that Survived the Flood” and was published in 1999. Just to confuse things a little further, the page for “Uriel’s Machine” within the website gives the current subtitle as “The Ancient Origins of Science”. (You can select this page from the menu at the top-left of the screen.)

But, as far as I can see, they’re all the same book – and there’s no indication from the authors’ website that the most modern version is an updated or revised edition. And it's certainly not the case, as you may well have been wondering, Nienna, that “Uriel’s Machine” is the overall title of a series of books.

In the books presentation of Uriel's Machine it is written:

What if written evidence in the Dead Sea Scrolls records megalithic history in Western Europe and provides the plans for a machine that could rebuild civilisation following a global catastrophe?

In Uriel's Machine Christopher Knight and Robert Lomas offer powerful new evidence that our planet was hit by seven mountain-sized lumps of comet, creating a series of giant waves that ripped across the globe.

Ottershrew said:
Robert Lomas and Christopher Knight have written a total of four books together, as their website indicates.

“Uriel’s Machine” was their third book, and it seems to have a variety of subtitles. My copy, a British one, is subtitled “The Prehistoric Technology that Survived the Flood” and was published in 1999. Just to confuse things a little further, the page for “Uriel’s Machine” within the website gives the current subtitle as “The Ancient Origins of Science”. (You can select this page from the menu at the top-left of the screen.)

But, as far as I can see, they’re all the same book – and there’s no indication from the authors’ website that the most modern version is an updated or revised edition. And it's certainly not the case, as you may well have been wondering, Nienna, that “Uriel’s Machine” is the overall title of a series of books.

Thanks, Ottershrew. :flowers:

I found interesting article about: WALL STREET AND THE BOLSHEVIK REVOLUTION By Antony C. Sutton on: http://reformed-theology.org/html/books/bolshevik_revolution/index.html

Lot of information for covered actions including:

How J.P. Morgan gave a "bit" of money to "other side"
German funding of Soviet Revolution in 1917 and their assistance to Lenin
Role of Woodrow Willson and his aid to Leon Trotsky
Wall Street influence and planning of World Revolution during 1917

Happy reading.

Having read just the first 90 pages (first chapter) of volume one, let me just concur with what Laura has said. This stuff is devastating! Luckily it's a real page-turner (for me at least!), so I'm motivated to keep going. Whenever I've read about datings in other books, I've wanted to know HOW they came up with that date. Well, Fomenko tells you, and the answer ain't pretty.

Have been reading this, a hard read but interesting.

Note the three illustrations on pages 164 to 166, (enter the page number in the page finder box on the pages nav bar)

They look like cometary objects to me.

Back
Top Bottom