flight plan

judvic

The Force is Strong With This One
hi,

This movie with Jodie Foster is at first sight about a woman, an engineer, who after the death of her husband in Germany, where they lived, goes back to the USA in a new commercial plane she contributed to build.
Of course she is in a state of shock after the death of her husband.

Here is the plot: after take off she discovers that her daughter is missing. The problem is nobody finds the girl in the plane and nobody remembers seeing her coming on board.
The passengers and the crew end up thinking the mother is mad. The mother (Jodie Foster)Is certain that her love for her daughter can't fool her.

Who is right?

This film raises a lot of issues and can be interpreted in a very subversive way concerning, for example, 09/11.
This film is also (mainly?)about conspiration and how deep a conspiration can go.

I highly recommand it. In France, though Jodie Foster is a star here, the movie had not much media coverage.

I wonder why ;)

Ludovic

I wasn't a big fan of it. Their are some plot developments that are essentially a "deus ex machina" i.e. they exist only to bring about an ending to the movie, and they are completely at odds with what would happen in reality. If one is looking for a Jodie Foster flick, I would recommend Panic Room above this one.

Hi,

I didn't perceive this movie as being before all a thriller but rather using the story as a metaphor. The superficial story is not the real subject of the movie, OSIT.

It is more about how truth can be a beacon when all social pressure wants to make one follow a false truth.

It is also a movie about the magic of flying, and discovering from the inside a plane.

I do understand your critics, and indeed the film would have been better without these flaws, but in my eyes this is secondary
for the interest of the films lies elsewhere.

Ludovic

Back
Top Bottom