Fighting a demon in the dream

Konstantin

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
I have one very vivid and unusual dream last night. This is the first time for me to dream things like this.

I was fighting a demon. It was something invisible, it was something inside me and it was more like some demonic part of me, not some other entity.
I was at home with all my family. I want to do something , to go somewhere and it was very important.
I stand up and as soon i stand on my feet, something grabbed me for my legs from the floor bellow me and it was holding me in place. i was terrified. I could not seen anything with my eyes , but i know it was some demonic thing inside me, some part of me and I was screaming and fighting to escape from this grip but i could not even move.

Then i started to talk to this demon, to explain every move that i was doing in order to defeat him. I was talking that now i'm going to fight with him and that he will start to be more and more weak. I was so confident that it was the right way to defeat him that after a while his grip started to loosen. As he loses power i feel more confident and more sure in that what i was doing was the right thing. Finally he released me. While the fight was going on i could see how my family was terrified. They cant see the demon , but they could see how am i screaming and then talking and fighting with something. As he released me , or i defeated him i woke up and i was very upset.

Sounds like a very intensive experience, and a scary one. It could very well be, that you were fighting a part of yourself; this experience could mark a watershed moment of some sort, where you finally let go of your "old" life path. You made a choice by your battle, so to say. I remember having similar experiences at one point in my life (1 year after joining the forum), with a clear sense of battling something. After a week or so of that going on, it just suddenly ended, and never came back.

Thanks for sharing.
Two nights ago I too had a fight with a demon in a dream. (Are these incidents really 'dreams' or maybe snippets of an altered reality?)
BOD - Beginning of Dream
I am walking toward glass doors to leave a room and am attacked from behind to prevent me from leaving. This dark force jumped on my back with arms around my neck and head and pulling me back and down. I am terrified and twist my head to finally get my mouth on the back of his hand, and I BITE real hard. The grip loosens and he drops to the floor on his stomach. As I look at him I pronounce loudly "You cannot be free until you start thinking for yourself". I then turn and proceed through the glass doors, realizing that the demon lying on the floor is another me. As I leave I sense that I am being watched closely.
EOD - End of Dream

I waken with a pounding heart.

DougEE said:
Thanks for sharing.
Two nights ago I too had a fight with a demon in a dream. (Are these incidents really 'dreams' or maybe snippets of an altered reality?)
BOD - Beginning of Dream
I am walking toward glass doors to leave a room and am attacked from behind to prevent me from leaving. This dark force jumped on my back with arms around my neck and head and pulling me back and down. I am terrified and twist my head to finally get my mouth on the back of his hand, and I BITE real hard. The grip loosens and he drops to the floor on his stomach. As I look at him I pronounce loudly "You cannot be free until you start thinking for yourself". I then turn and proceed through the glass doors, realizing that the demon lying on the floor is another me. As I leave I sense that I am being watched closely.
EOD - End of Dream

I waken with a pounding heart.

Very similar dreams. Its so weird .Maybe some battles are really going inside us or in some other realms.

Aragorn said:
Sounds like a very intensive experience, and a scary one. It could very well be, that you were fighting a part of yourself; this experience could mark a watershed moment of some sort, where you finally let go of your "old" life path. You made a choice by your battle, so to say. I remember having similar experiences at one point in my life (1 year after joining the forum), with a clear sense of battling something. After a week or so of that going on, it just suddenly ended, and never came back.

Yes , it was very intense, and i feel very upset when i get up.Maybe i made a choice, because that force was so evil and so powerful but in some way it was coming from inside me, and at the end it just vanished as i was getting more confidence.

Thanks for sharing Konstantin, i have similar views as Aragorn, and this could be a battle with a "part" of yourself, and a watershed moment. Alternatively it is also a possibility that this could be a negative entity, or "hanger on" thats been with you for a while, and maybe influenced some of your habits- and you vanquished it in your dream. Another option to consider is that it could have been a negative entity that had come your way to try to "control" - and your clearly defended yourself and defeated it.

Either way, i think its a good outcome that you defeated it, and woke up from the dream concious of the battle of wills that just happened.

As you continue the work, and working on yourself, i think these dreams will then to happen as we shed our "old" selves - hence they are marker moments. I have had some of these dreams too, and they also mostly have elements of being "stuck" or paralysed by entities. Just sharing some thoughts.

Invisible self fight, suggests to me a repressed part of you is struggling for recognition.

I want to say it's not you as you suspected initially that it was a demon, but you said it was "some demonic part of me".

It's possible that you're suppressing a part of you that you affiliate with evil?

The concern from your family seemed unnerving too, representing a possible fear of them finding out about your inner struggle.

Nonetheless, you consciously over come and out wit its attempt to permeate any further.

A double victory in a sense!

You're now aware of an invisible struggle with the self and you have a way to prevent it from spiraling out of control.

You're now aware of an invisible struggle with the self and you have a way to prevent it from spiraling out of control.

A couple of years ago, in the Patrick Rodriguez material, he brought up chaining this part of yourself and keeping it caged at the edge of your property. It was also bought out that getting rid of this entity was not advised. It is a part of you. As I was dealing with this issue at the time, I did exactly that.

He was easy to catch, once "I" became aware of him and the times he wanted to control the machine. I waited for him to surface. Once he came up, I grabbed him, bound him in chains of white light, put him in a cage of white light and put the cage at the edge of the property. If I listen carefully I can hear him, shrieking away.

Since doing this, I can say that it is much more peaceful in here!

Konstantin said:
I have one very vivid and unusual dream last night. This is the first time for me to dream things like this.

I was fighting a demon. It was something invisible, it was something inside me and it was more like some demonic part of me, not some other entity.
I was at home with all my family. I want to do something , to go somewhere and it was very important.
I stand up and as soon i stand on my feet, something grabbed me for my legs from the floor bellow me and it was holding me in place. i was terrified. I could not seen anything with my eyes , but i know it was some demonic thing inside me, some part of me and I was screaming and fighting to escape from this grip but i could not even move.

Then i started to talk to this demon, to explain every move that i was doing in order to defeat him. I was talking that now i'm going to fight with him and that he will start to be more and more weak. I was so confident that it was the right way to defeat him that after a while his grip started to loosen. As he loses power i feel more confident and more sure in that what i was doing was the right thing. Finally he released me. While the fight was going on i could see how my family was terrified. They cant see the demon , but they could see how am i screaming and then talking and fighting with something. As he released me , or i defeated him i woke up and i was very upset.

For me the feet represent movement and mobility. I'd tend to agree with Aragorn and Mr. Cyan. To have something grab your feet would seem to indicate that something is holding you back and preventing you from being free. It seems like you were able to work through this in your dream. As it was 'unseen' maybe it's a part of you that you're unaware of in your waking state?

WIN 52 said:

A couple of years ago, in the Patrick Rodriguez material, he brought up chaining this part of yourself and keeping it caged at the edge of your property. It was also bought out that getting rid of this entity was not advised. It is a part of you. As I was dealing with this issue at the time, I did exactly that.

He was easy to catch, once "I" became aware of him and the times he wanted to control the machine. I waited for him to surface. Once he came up, I grabbed him, bound him in chains of white light, put him in a cage of white light and put the cage at the edge of the property. If I listen carefully I can hear him, shrieking away.

Since doing this, I can say that it is much more peaceful in here!

I'm not sure how I feel about this. Firstly if it's not a part of you, but an attachment, then it doesn't seem like a good idea to have it caged. Secondly there is a Gurdjieff exercise that focuses on bringing all of the unconscious parts of ourselves together to work in unison. As far as I remember the meditation is to stand in the light of the sun and try to become aware of the whole of ourselves. Then focus on the phrase "I ask all of the unconscious parts of myself to become conscious so that in the future we may have the possibility of paying for our existence."

Konstantin's dream seems to be more about letting this part of himself know that it's not going to win so it might as well let go and stop fighting. In other words coming to some agreement with the darker portions of ourselves so that we can work together and do something useful with our existence rather than fighting. I see it more about bringing light to the darkest places of ourselves so that we can be whole, if you know what I mean? Anyway, just a few thoughts.

Konstantin said:

Thanks for sharing Konstantin, and I agree with what others have said that it might symbolize a struggle with yourself. I have had many dreams in the past where I was immobilized, or went along with something evil and so on. I still have them sometimes, but I seem to be more aware in those dreams, and most of the time I can resist the temptation or free myself in the last minute before wakening up.

I thought it was interesting that you confronted the demon head-on, telling him exactly what's going to happen. That way, you showed it that you are not afraid of it, that you can show it its place quite bluntly. I think that's the way to go: drag those demons into the light, look them in the eyes, without being afraid. Once they realize that we know them, see them, and don't fear them, they loose all their power.

It also reminds me of the book "Inviting a Monkey to Tea", where the author recommends that we should invite our thoughts/feelings/sensations into our being, without identifying with them, so that we can observe them from a "higher place". That way, we don't repress them and shove them in the shadows/the unconsciousness, which only makes them more powerful. So we can be okay even with our dark thoughts and feelings (the demons), and they loose their power over us. Kind of like in your dream: "Hey, it's you again? Ha! I will never give in to you, you will never rule me again!"

Thank you for all this comments. Its really helpful and interesting to see how others see the same thing from many different perspectives. I really appreciate it. :)

Laura said:
A: People will be amazed at how strong their will becomes!

Strong will sounds like a main theme in your dream. I still think that it could be a real daemon/spirit attachment, but whatever it is, the most important thing is that you had strength and you won the battle. :)

I also remember few demon dreams of mine:

- cca 40 years ago, i've dreamed a demon is lurkin' at me in the kitchen (interestingly - wright on place me 'other is sleeping today :huh:). Demon was very tall, almost up to the ceiling since i could see a shadow of his ox head (classic ain't it?) behind the decorative glass over the top of the doors. I was quite frightened in the beginning, trying to close my eyes (?), turning away not to see him, but he remained there... After some time i suddenly became pissed off :O and started yelling and swearing at him in the best Balkanian manner, and he never returned to my dreams.

- also around that time, shortly after my father's death, i was dreaming that i was at cousins' house in the country. As i was walking in the hall. i noticed my father's silhouette in the shadow under the staircase that led to the attic. "Strange - isn't he dead?" crossed my mind, and i approached him and felt a kind of frighten when noticed a grin on his gray face exposing a vampire teeth (another classic, ha?). Curiously i handled the situation pretty "routinely". I told him that he is dead and that he doesn't belong in this world. so better leave to where he belongs. Grin on his face suddenly shifted to shocked and confused expression after which he complied to my request. This dream also occurred never again..

- some decade ago i was having reoccurring nightmare of some uber-demonic entity that was spreading hellish panic and horror in some kind of middle-ages scenery. Everybody were "pointing" to a certain frightful castle which was the dwellings of that omnipotent and omnipresent devil, never spotted by anyone anyway. Masses were running from that something in more than mortal fear which also enveloped my heart very quickly, so begun my feverish escape from that dark specter from whom there was no escape. It seems that i was running around in circles since i was re-entering the same villages and places which were abandoned now - all people disappeared and i was the only one left for beast to catch. The very fear was so intense and overwhelming almost soul-ripping that i was very afraid to go to bed, if i remembered that nightmare before sleeping - uhhh... So i had this issue for couple of years and was dreaming it on regular bases until - at some point on some occasion, while the heartbreaking scenario of this horrid dream was unrolling - while people were panicking and running away, i just stopped in the very vicinity of the castle, and instead joining the stampede, decided to enter the castle GARDEN, to finally face that monster beast (of mine). Sudden calm engulfed me afterwards after realizing that demon was not present there...

This nightmare had sentinels with superman involved, trying to fight that demonosaurus rex, but was always terribly defeated, totally wasted although i was giving my best to save him!!! Imagine that - dude like me must help superman. Gads! Very frustrating and also heartbreaking experience until, last time when i saw dead(?) superman trapped under the (kryponite?) frozen surface of some kind of pond where rex had put him - and finally accepted that i am not able to save him, and never will be. Finally put myself together, letting this issue to play out as it is destined?

Y

Back
Top Bottom