FBI Raids Trump's Palm Beach Home in Florida

I'm not sure I understand, unfortunately :-[

Je ne suis pas sûre de comprendre, malheureusement :huh:
George Webb is on Substack -- you can get his newsletter for free in your email. I recommend reading the last few articles he did, which fleshes out a lot of this. Sometimes he'll write a tweet like that that needs context, and you'll find he includes that in his next installment.

They have made such a big show out of this and they do not realize that it will backfire spectacularly, Trump's narrative of being the man of the people who is prosecuted by the government has been triple verified with this move.

Not only that, but the way it was done, with such amount of drama involved, is just transparently pathetic.

I think it was early June when Trump was asked to allow his home to be inspected and searched for possible classified documents, and he cooperated. So there was precedent for him being more than willing to cooperate, which will not go down well in court for Biden.

But the US is essentially a banana republic at this stage.

In 2012, uber-leftist, Democrat-supporting, Obama-nominated Judge Amy Berman Jackson ruled there was NO provision in the Presidential Records Act to force the National Archives to SEIZE records from a former president.

But Jackson’s ruling made some other sweeping declarations. The most relevant is that a president has the sole power 1) to decide what records are personal vs. official and 2) to declassify or destroy such records at will.

“Under the statutory scheme established by the PRA, the decision to segregate personal materials from Presidential records is made by the President, during the President’s term and in his sole discretion,” Jackson wrote in her March 2012 decision, which was never appealed.

“Since the President is completely entrusted with the management and even the disposal of Presidential records during his time in office, it would be difficult for this Court to conclude that Congress intended that he would have less authority to do what he pleases with what he considers to be his personal records,” she added.

And guess what? No one ever appealed Jackson’s ruling.

Quoting Mercouris from the video:

"Now, desperate is another word that comes to mind about another thing that you brought up, which is the Stormy Daniels affair. If you're REALLY going to go after Donald Trump, over Stormy Daniels, well all I can say is you are being VERY desperate indeed.

"I mean, this is the most investigated man, I think, in American history! He's had his taxes looked at; do you remember all that business about his tax returns?! The 'dark, terrible secrets' that we were going to find in his tax returns - tax returns we can now all see. Is there anything there? Well, not really! I mean, he just does all the kinds of things which very rich people do, which is... no different from what he does.

"So, tax returns: nothing.

"Now: classified documents. Well, they're all doing it too. Pence did it. Biden did it. Everybody's apparently doing it! And well, Trump did it, and HE WAS THE PRESIDENT and he can declassify anything he wants. And he has it all in a safe! In a safe, secure building where there's CCTV and guards!

"Well, where does 'Scranton Joe' keep his classified documents? In his garage, next to [...] his 1960s Corvette. You know, anybody can wander around - of course, his son is floating around too and we know what a reliable keeper of secrets HE is.

"So that's (the classified docs investigation) gone down in smoke. We're not going to talk about Russiagate because frankly that's a bitter story.

"But every conceivable allegation and investigation that they've launched against Trump... All I can say about Trump - I said it before! - he MUST be the most HONEST businessman in the property business in AMERICA! I mean, I know a bit about the property business in Britain, and I know the kinds of corners these people cut and the kinds of things they do and what a 'rough trade' it is: The FACT that they have found NOTHING against trump literally ASTONISHES me. I have to say, the only conclusion I can come to is that this man who has been so investigated - and so relentlessly investigated - is fundamentally... MUST BE fundamentally clean.

"Now that's something that people DON'T like to hear. I've tried to explain this to many people in Britain, that you talk all the time about Donald Trump, you talk about his corruption, you talk about his flamboyance: YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT! If he really WAS corrupt, WE WOULD HAVE THE EVIDENCE BY NOW. We'd have the real prosecutions. They wouldn't be scrabbling up to set up silly committees with... what's her name... Cheney and all those people on them coming up with ridiculous reports that, frankly, nobody who has any idea about how prosecutions are conducted would possibly read and think that there was even a FIGMENT of a case there.

"So Donald Trump comes across to me as clean! I AM SURPRISED! If anybody had told me six, seven years ago that he was as clean as he was, I wouldn't have believed them! I would have said it was IMPOSSIBLE to succeed in the kind of business that he does and not to have done some pretty dodgy things. Well, it turns out that he didn't. And if you want to resurrect the Stormy Daniels business, well all I can say is, good luck to you. I'm pretty sure that whatever he did there are the kinds of things which any number of people in congress, in the White House, in Washington, in every state capital of the United States... and I'm not even going to get started about what's going on in London at the moment where I'm hearing appalling stories about what's going on in Westminster - I mean REALLY appalling stories about what is going on in Westminster. The word I've heard is that corruption and hedonism now in political circles in London is completely out of control.

"Well, compared to that, Stormy Daniels is absolutely nothing. It's a zero. It's not a crime - not by any conceivable stretch of the imagination. And as for these payments: as I understand it, he basically took legal advice and it then turned out that lawyer he trusted to give him that advice is a crook! So where's the problem?! That lawyer was the crook, but Trump WASN'T.

"The whole thing is just absurd."

Back
Top Bottom