Face preference test

When I took my choice in general I look for faces that reflect maturity, self-confidence and wisdom in dealing with the internal affairs of the tribe, and faces that reflect intelligence, security and firmness in facing external problems.

And that's a problem IMO. Does everyone agree on what face reflects maturity, self-confidence and wisdom, or intelligence, security and firmness? Or will that depend on a person's life experiences with people. Like Laura's oft-quoted story about the "man in the blue hat" where a person's negative experience with someone with certain characteristics (including physical) - where the specific characteristics are not implicated in the negative experience - can forever influence that person's perception of anyone with the same or similar characteristics.

All of this reminds me that its very difficult (or impossible) for a single person to navigate reality effectively, and a group is needed to do so.

Here are my results:

Face Preference Test

result

Your INGROUP DOMINANCE PERCENTAGE is: 25

Your OUTGROUP DOMINANCE PERCENTAGE is: 50

Your TOTAL DOMINANCE PERCENTAGE is: 37.5

Like most people, you prefer a Cooperative leader to handle internal matters.

Your outgroup stance is completely in the middle between dominance and cooperation.

Overall, your choice of leaders suggests that you are politically left-wing.

I noticed that male/female issue as well, in fact for me in many question, the sex difference was pretty obvious, even some face looked more like a black man and other like a white one. It is also interesting that there isn't eastern or asian faces for example.

I found some faces actually looked Asian or Middle-Eastern. However I didn't pay too much attention to the skin colour, I mainly focused on the features and the "vibe" I got from the faces (however unreal they appeared). Completely subjective, I know.

Yes, I can think of at least three options: they are looking at something very different from what they say, they are very bad scientists, or they simply have to invent these kinds of silly studies to have something to publish and keep the funding wheel well oiled... :cry:

As often happens when "pop psychology" or fun tests are posted here, the discussions that they trigger are certainly more interesting than the tests themselves and their "findings".
On their website, they also have a test called "Which Winnie the Pooh character do you resemble?". :rolleyes: So, no, I wouldn't take any of this seriously… which is why I posted it in the Tickle Me section. ;-)

And that's a problem IMO. Does everyone agree on what face reflects maturity, self-confidence and wisdom, or intelligence, security and firmness? Or will that depend on a person's life experiences with people. Like Laura's oft-quoted story about the "man in the blue hat" where a person's negative experience with someone with certain characteristics (including physical) - where the specific characteristics are not implicated in the negative experience - can forever influence that person's perception of anyone with the same or similar characteristics.

All of this reminds me that its very difficult (or impossible) for a single person to navigate reality effectively, and a group is needed to do so.

Yes, indeed this seems to be the case. In any case one conclusion of this faces choice matter could be not making important decisions or judging a situation by considering only people's faces.

I put the traditional (before the gender bender of this decade) male , female roles in choosing. this is what I got.
Face Preference Test
result

Your friend's INGROUP DOMINANCE PERCENTAGE is: 41.7

Your friend's OUTGROUP DOMINANCE PERCENTAGE is: 75

Your friend's TOTAL DOMINANCE PERCENTAGE is: 58.3

Like most people, your friend prefers a Cooperative leader to handle internal matters.

Like most people, your friend prefers a Dominant leader to handle external threats.

Overall, your friend's choice of leaders suggests that your friend is politically left-wing.

Virtually all of those faces are either male or female. "Should a man or a woman (and your perceptions of the qualities of each, which is likely based to large extent on your life experiences with other people) be in charge in any of these given situations". That's pretty much the choice that you make each time, or so I think.
100% what I was thinking going through it! I guess I naturally selected the male face for situations where you'd want to be on a defense/defensive offense, and the female face for scenarios where you would want to be diplomatic or issues that arose from within the tribe because women can understand people better than men, generally speaking.

The test seems a tad reductionist in its method though... :thdown:

Face Preference Test
result

Your INGROUP DOMINANCE PERCENTAGE is: 50

Your OUTGROUP DOMINANCE PERCENTAGE is: 83.3

Your TOTAL DOMINANCE PERCENTAGE is: 66.7

Your ingroup stance is completely in the middle between dominance and cooperation.

Like most people, you prefer a Dominant leader to handle external threats.

Overall, your choice of leaders suggests that you are politically right-wing.

I rarely do these quiz things.
It was fun!
Observing my inner process was interesting, as I experienced my intellect attempt to argue with my instinctive response a couple times.
Instinct won!
FWIW, the ingroup questions were decided by my experiences with mediating real life "Ingroup" situations. The gender of the problem person in the tribe, got the SAME gender to mediate and deal with the issue.

I did the test two times with different results. I chose each face with my subjective perception on who I thought would handle each matter better or looked more reliable. But of course faces are nothing to go on, I think.

First:
Face Preference Test
result

Your OUTGROUP DOMINANCE PERCENTAGE is: 58.3

Your TOTAL DOMINANCE PERCENTAGE is: 54.2

Your ingroup stance is completely in the middle between dominance and cooperation.

Second:
Face Preference Test
result

Your INGROUP DOMINANCE PERCENTAGE is: 66.7

Your OUTGROUP DOMINANCE PERCENTAGE is: 41.7

Unlike most people, you prefer a Dominant leader to handle internal matters.

Unlike most people, you prefer a Cooperative leader to handle external threats.

I did the test two times with different results. I chose each face with my subjective perception on who I thought would handle each matter better or looked more reliable. But of course faces are nothing to go on, I think.

First:
Face Preference Test
result

Your OUTGROUP DOMINANCE PERCENTAGE is: 58.3

Second:
Face Preference Test
result

Your INGROUP DOMINANCE PERCENTAGE is: 66.7

Your OUTGROUP DOMINANCE PERCENTAGE is: 41.7

Unlike most people, you prefer a Dominant leader to handle internal matters.

Unlike most people, you prefer a Cooperative leader to handle external threats.

And for the second time, you changed your choices based on what ? Sorry if I've misunderstood.

I started but found it too "silly" to do it. The faces looked so photoshopped, that even if I wanted to pick one, I couldn't get over that fact that they weren't real people in a natural setting. "Don't judge a book by its cover" came to mind. Plus the scenarios given which were far from a normal life situation unless you live in a tribe. I'm bad a taking these tests because I start overthinking. "What if the person on the left looks fragile but they are super strong inside and have a lot of wisdom?, "What if the assertive-looking person is actually very wounded or insecure and tries to cover it with outside toughness? What if this other one doesn't care at all about people but pretends to be smiling at them?", etc.:headbash: :lol:

@Maat

Well, I must have chosen differently I suppose. But I didn't change my mind about anything in particular and tried to be choosing as I otherwise would have, as with the first one.

faces-chart

Your INGROUP DOMINANCE PERCENTAGE is: 33.3

Your OUTGROUP DOMINANCE PERCENTAGE is: 66.7

Your TOTAL DOMINANCE PERCENTAGE is: 50

Like most people, you prefer a Cooperative leader to handle internal matters.

I think there is also some Bouba/kiki effect going on. People just associate the touch of the situation with some face geometry (and possibly character traits in extension) and then pick the matching one. But it doesn't mean they really thought that the one should or could handle the situation better.
I would associate strong large bulky men with war, but for deescalation maybe its better to send other traits into the situation.

I didn't see too many obviously female faces. So I just picked the masculine looking faces for the fighting or conflict scenarios, and the feminine ones for the cooperative and social scenarios. Like Kireto says here:

100% what I was thinking going through it! I guess I naturally selected the male face for situations where you'd want to be on a defense/defensive offense, and the female face for scenarios where you would want to be diplomatic or issues that arose from within the tribe because women can understand people better than men, generally speaking.

Still don't understand how it labels you as left or right wing. It's the steepness of the line not which way it slopes? And it says like most people for both of mine. Does that mean most people are conservative? I thought the political divide was about 50/50?

Faces test.jpg

Back
Top Bottom