exercising a hold over others

Isabel

The Force is Strong With This One
_http://blog.learnremoteviewing.com/monks-remote-view-ufo-intervention-to-save-the-world-in-2012/

Monks Remote View UFO Intervention to Save the World in 2012
N.K. Subramanium, Special Correspondent, India Daily

In relation to the above article, I wrote to someone who’s channelling group I attended in the late 80s–late 90s, that I think we are at more than a little risk of abdicating our responsibilities for dealing with the s..t we're all afloat in. I wrote: “I recall in the late 90s in your group, some members used to speak of how they "couldn't wait to shake their [ET] hands when they arrive. I used to recommend due caution & maintaining observant distance."

The person emailed me back: “IMO it is best to keep an open mind and continue to follow one's own inner truth. I am amazed that you continue to hold onto what other people say - and therefore not allow them to change.”

Her message has disconcerted me – I don’t think I have such power over others as she imputes to me. I recalled a snippet of my personal history/experience & don’t think that is “holding onto”. :O

I am at a loss as to how to respond meaningfully. If any forum members can point me in a purposeful direction, I’d be very grateful.

I'm curious as to why you contacted this person at all? They are clearly sound asleep and have no interest in waking up - and you know what? That is their CHOICE. "One cannot become an STO candidate by determining the needs of another."

I'm also curious about what 'responsibilities' you think 'we' should not be abdicating? From one perspective, the response you received is correct - since you appear to not be honoring the Free Will of those who choose to sleep soundly - so - again - why are you contacting these people at all??

Wawah said:
_http://blog.learnremoteviewing.com/monks-remote-view-ufo-intervention-to-save-the-world-in-2012/

Monks Remote View UFO Intervention to Save the World in 2012
N.K. Subramanium, Special Correspondent, India Daily

In relation to the above article, I wrote to someone who’s channelling group I attended in the late 80s–late 90s, that I think we are at more than a little risk of abdicating our responsibilities for dealing with the s..t we're all afloat in. I wrote: “I recall in the late 90s in your group, some members used to speak of how they "couldn't wait to shake their [ET] hands when they arrive. I used to recommend due caution & maintaining observant distance."

The person emailed me back: “IMO it is best to keep an open mind and continue to follow one's own inner truth. I am amazed that you continue to hold onto what other people say - and therefore not allow them to change.”

Her message has disconcerted me – I don’t think I have such power over others as she imputes to me. I recalled a snippet of my personal history/experience & don’t think that is “holding onto”. :O

I am at a loss as to how to respond meaningfully. If any forum member can point me in a purposeful direction, I’d be very grateful.

You seem to be asking forum members to advise you on what words/arguments to use in your response, in order to effectively convince her that her comments about you are WRONG. But we do not know you, so how are we to determine whether what she has said about you has any validity? Your emotional response to her comments would suggest that she may well be making an accurate observation of your behaviour, both past and present.

For what it is worth, I don't think she was implying that you have any actual "hold over others", just that you do not seem to have considered the possibility that the people you were discussing may have changed their views some 15 years later.

Why not calmly -- and non-defensively -- ask her to elaborate on what she meant by her comment, before jumping to conclusions and reacting as though you are under attack? (For example: "I don't quite understand what you meant when you said 'xyz', could you elaborate a little more? I value your opinion and perspective....") She may have some valuable insight to offer. Or, in the course of your exchange, you may both have the opportunity to correct misunderstandings and misapprehensions. A learning opportunity, no matter what the outcome, yes?

I contacted the person whose group I used to attend because I thought she’d be interested in the article. I email her occasionally about various issues, especially health.

The responsibilities I was referring to are eg., environmental, economic, social & etc., challenges. I have long been of the opinion that we are capable of solving our problems – that we don’t need “ET” to do it for us [which is what some whom I know, desire].

Back
Top Bottom