Eiriu Eolas in Edmonton & Vancouver

Also, we will need the help of members from the Vancouver area. We are planning to have a presentation there on Thursday, June 23rd. I still don't know where, and we need your help to find a place, and also, help to promote the event in the area. Once the place is rented, i could mail to you posters and/or flyers to put around.

I don't know the city very well and will be staying at the Kitsilano area, so it' be great if we can find some place not too far from there.

I had said in another thread that i once found "the secret history of the world" in the downtown branch of the library, in Calgary. Apparently this is slightly unusual. I wonder if they have them in any other libraries. Perhaps this is a contribution i may someday be able to make, as i think they will accept donations.

Some preliminary locations near Kitslano (north of W 16 Avenue and west of Granville Street) I've come up with are:

St James Community Square, Oakridge Adventist Church, Kitslano Community Centre, False Creek Community Centre, Douglas Park Community Centre, Kitslano Christian Community Church, Christian Science Churches & Societies. The Shambhala Meditation Centre is also possible, but is a little farther from Kitslano than the other locations.

There's a ton of libraries and churches around also. I wish you luck in finding something suitable.

Davey72, that *is* unusual! I almost wish I could print and bind copies of Beelzebub's Tales to His Grandson myself and distribute them freely to libraries, orphanages, churches, and the like. :lol:

I live in Kitsilano and would be happy to help with promotion and whatever else you need.
Kitsilano Neighbourhood House is a nice venue. You can find them at http://www.kitshouse.org/rent-our-hall/

Thank you both, whitecoast and chuck, for your help and suggestions :flowers:

chuck said:
Kitsilano Neighbourhood House is a nice venue. You can find them at http://www.kitshouse.org/rent-our-hall/

I have contacted the above people and they told me that they already have a breathing/stress reduction program running at their facilities on a weekly basis, so they politely declined to accommodate us. They did give me the number of another place though, the West Point Grey Community Center. I spoke with them, and they were going to sent me an e-mail with availability times, but i have not received it yet.

I will call all other suggestions tomorrow, and let you know how it goes!

Alana -

I thought it was Kitsilano Community Centre that turned you down because they had a program runing. Kitsilano Neighbourhood House is a different place.

chuck said:
Alana -

I thought it was Kitsilano Community Centre that turned you down because they had a program runing. Kitsilano Neighbourhood House is a different place

You are right, Chuck, i confused the places :-[

Ok, i called a few more places today, and the most likely candidates are the Kitsilano Neighborhood House and St James Community Square. Will know for sure in a couple of days.

Thanks again!

Excellent, Deedlet! :)

I'll keep you all posted as soon as i have all the info available, and we'll take it from there.

Ok, it's final that the Vancouver meeting will take place at St James' community square, on Thursday June 23rd, from 6 to 8 pm. :thup: The people there have been very helpful with setting this up, and they will be posting our posters in their bulletin boards, and add our website to theirs :)

If anyone is interested in helping with the designing of our posters and flyers, let me know! :knitting:

Alana said:
Ok, it's final that the Vancouver meeting will take place at St James' community square, on Thursday June 23rd, from 6 to 8 pm. :thup: The people there have been very helpful with setting this up, and they will be posting our posters in their bulletin boards, and add our website to theirs :)

Awesome! Can't wait! :thup:

Alana said:
If anyone is interested in helping with the designing of our posters and flyers, let me know! :knitting:

I'd love to help. Do you have any ideas for designs already or should I make something from scratch? And when do you need it by?

Hey,

This is what I came up with so far, what do you think?

EE_small.jpg

If it's approved, I have a high resolution copy for print. :)

Deedlet said:
Hey,

This is what I came up with so far, what do you think?

Thank you, Deedlet. I love the idea of the city line!

Could we add colour and more text though?

For example, if the figure gets smaller, we could add a small text about what EE is, for people who are not familiar with it. Below "Growth of knowledge" Something along the lines of:

A stress-control, healing, detoxing and rejuvenation program

And then below the city line:

For the first time in Vancouver! Do not miss this opportunity to learn the simple techniques that will help you reduce your stress instantly, and gently detox your body, mind and heart.

When: Thursday, June 23rd, 2011 at 6 pm

Where: St. James Community Square, 3214 West 10th Avenue (Kitsilano area)

Sent me an e-mail so i can sent you back the round EE logo, that we can use as the sun.

The area above the city (sky) can it be in sunrise colours? And then we could also colour the flowers at the bottom and the figure? I am not really sure how these things work, so let me know if it's possible to do what i am asking.

Hey Alana:

I'm glad you liked the city outline idea :D

The coloring won't be a problem at all. Actually, originally I started making the picture in color, but half way through it- I thought that if ya'll are going to be printing these, a black and white poster might be way more cost effective.

Here is what I originally started with,

van1b.jpg

I'll PM you my e-mail for you to send me the sun logo, and the additional text won't be a problem at all.

Hi Alana

Alana said:
And then below the city line:

For the first time in Vancouver! Do not miss this opportunity to learn the simple techniques that will help you reduce your stress instantly, and gently detox your body, mind and heart.

I may just take that first sentence and use it myself! If that's alright.

In return, you may like to modify the second sentence - 'Take' this opportunity, etc. To get past the negative 'Do not miss', remembering from hypnosis that the unconscious mind other than processes a negative, it will always look for what not to do - in this case - miss.

This may help or not.

Back
Top Bottom