Egads! 5 Vivid Dreams...

Cyre2067

The Living Force
Had like 5 of these guys last night and they kept waking me up they were so intense. Wanted to jot em down.

First one is like, a rip off of aliens. I'm driving an SUV down tunnels, looking for someone. Eventually I come out topside among all these apartment buildings. It's night time, and there's that orange/sepia hue over everything from the HPS bulbs in the street lamps. I see my target, pull up along side him and he hops in. Oddly enough, it's Peter Petrelli, and he seems ill or hurt or something, he doubles over the seat and kinda collapses into it. I pull a U turn and look for a way out, only way is back into the tunnels, so down we go.

We're driving down the tunnels and all of a sudden i hear this horrid alien screech. I get stuck at an intersection so i get out, Peter's gone, and i see this nasty black alien coming right down the tunnel. There's a small crowd of people in this intersection and they're like "Come'on, this way!" So i follow them through a small opening. We crowd into this long room that has plastic hangin along the walls and across the walkways. We get inside and there's all these barrels of ammonium formate. It's a solid (IRL it's a liquid), and salt like. We put on masks and start throwing it into the sinks, this noxious gas starts comin out of em, and we're doin it cuz it's toxic to the aliens. So we throw a whole bunch in and it starts solidifying in my mouth! So i pull off my mask and start spitting it out. It was nasty.

SHIFT

Now I'm at a friends house... though it's no friend of mine in particular. It's a big place, and we're there for a party. I don't have shoes or socks, so i borrow a pair from the people that live there. We were gonna get muddy (playin in the woods) so i got a pair of muddy shoes and muddy socks, no sense in muddyin up clean stuff. So we start off toward the spot where we're gonna play, and it's like a huge rhododendrin field we're climbing through. The kids with me varyin in age, but typically there's guys and gals in their low teens. I started off that age, but by the time we got to the spot where we were going I was an adult. Oh and another thing - three of us broke off from the main group looking for an alternate way to go, we go stuck right by this kids' house and he was like "Oh crap! We're not supposed to be here", and since there was a window with like, old people looking out i reached out, grabbed his hand and turned us both invisible.

After that we realized we were wayyy off from where we were supposed to be, so I picked him up and flew straight up, invisible, into the air. We easily spotted the rest of the group and made a landing near em. We then became visible again, and everyone was like "where do you come from? How'd you do that?" It was funny in a weird sort of way. So then I see some of the older kids playin with wooden weapons. There's like one that's unbeatable, so i'm like "Mind if i try?" and he's like "No, let's go" so i spot a wooden ax and a wooden club, reach out my hands and telekinetically zip them into my hands. And then we duel. Hard to describe, but it went on for a bit, before i got nailed in the arm and then poked him in the chest. There were also other kids gettin in on the action, it was like, everyone versus me, kinda fun. I parried most of their shots and then the head kid called it off and was like "Dang - Never took a hit like that before."

SHIFT

The first thing I notice is that I'm Masi Oka, the asian guy that play's Hiro (so yet another heroes reference), and I'm walking along this man-made lake. It's on a college campus, broad daylight and there's a lot of college aged kids running around, throwing frisbee and chillin around picnic tables. Some are lying out on the grass and there's some rather large buildings a short way away. I'm going to be going here and it's like an intro day for me to see the place.

I'm all happy about my new school and then these kids in sports jackets come over and start hasseling me for being asian. They make some snide remarks which I won't reproduce, but I distinctly feel kinda let down. There's a short gap and then Im walking over toward the closest large building, looking for my dad (my IRL dad, i'm back to being me). I sit down at this table with this girl who's got purple hair and kinda semi-goth gear on. And she's sweet and we strike up conversation very quickly. It starts off with Aliens somehow and then we talk more about speshul abilities and how some people have them.

At this point my dad stops by, and he gives me vouchers to buy food with and a key to the hotel/dorm room were staying at, and points to another big building and tells me the room number. All i remember now is that it was on the 10th floor. He then said he was gonna walk around some more and check the place out.

A few more of her friends join us, and everyone get's really into the topic, we're all excited and then one of the kids is like "Hey i think a kid that used to go here was like that...." He said his name, but I can't recall it now, and so we went into the library to look him up. Apparantly there's a whole series of books on people that used to goto this school. We get there and like 6-8 of us are crammed into this one corner of the library. The librarian didn't like it, so she came over and tried to break us up. A few of us split off and the remainder sat sorting through looking for the book that has a section on this kid. We can't find the book. Someone suggested that it'd be removed on purpose, it was at that point that the rest of the kids left, and I'm still sitting there lookin for the book. The librarian comes over and asks if she can help and I make some excuse... we didn't want her to know what we were doing.

SHIFT

I'm the top floor of a house. The windows are all boarded up, and the doors are these huge metal vault-like doors. My youngest sister is there, but she's all grown up. We're working in this laboratory, trying to find a cure for some virus that's infected almost all life on the planet. It's a nasty sucker too that turns infected into mindless mutants. We had a basement part of the lab, but the infection nabbed another researcher and so he's down there now being all mutant/zombie so we can't go down. We needed something from down there thou, a sample. This one's pretty cloudy still, but i remember someone from outside coming and trying to get in, and at some point my sis tried to get the sample, and succeeds, but I'm not sure if she got infected or not.

SHIFT

I'm in a car with a few of my friends, it's my car, and these are all people I know IRL. We pull up to another friend of ours house in this lil development. He refuses to speak to me, I'm not sure why, he won't discuss it with me. Although before this began his psycho ex-GF and I had a bit of a tiff because I wouldn't come a runnin when she beckoned me, and it turned into this whole drama. She also blames me for his alcoholism, because I 'didn't do enough to stop it'. Anyway - back to the dream, I'm at his house, and his parents and my parents are inside having dinner, and B come's out to meet us and before I know it we're all sitting not in my car, but at a dinner table. I don't have any memory of us leaving the car or going inside. I do recall feeling anxious as he walked out to meet us thou. So we're all sitting at the table to a dinner of cranberries, mashed potatoes and mac & cheese, laughing and having a good time.

Had some more this morning:

So we're in this prison, there's a bunch of us and we arent prisoners, but we're protecting this 20 something female. Im not sure why really. There's guards there, and they're giving orders to random civilians trying to make the protection more solid. I'm not even sure what we're protecting her from, other then some nebulous threat. So then, we start moving from what's a big open area (the girl was hanging out in the middle conversing pleasantly with anyone who approached) with a 2nd tier of walkways around it, towards a ramp that leads up to the second tier.

We go up the ramp, and im staying close to the girl, and at this point she starts singing, im not sure what, but it was beautiful. Its at this point we realize she's a famous singer, though I dont keep up with music so it's unsurprising that I failed to recognize her. Anyway, she stops to talk with someone on the second tier and the rest of us keep her surrounded, i scout a head a bit and see an old woman and a very young girl.

She tells me she's looking for the chapel, but unfortunately I don't know where it is. I scout a head a little more and find it right around the corner, but when i turn back to go tell the lady I see another girl (20 something, also attractive) walk past me, when she does I get very bad vibes, so i turn around to follow her. She says something, but I'm not sure what and makes to enter a side door to the chapel, for some reason i get the impulse to stop her so i reach out my arm and telekinetically close the door she's making for, it's a big door, so it moves slowly and takes alot of effort. She then collapses on her knees, holds her arms to her chest, and engulfed in flame becomes some sort of fem-humanoid-demon-esque-scaly-tailed thing with pointy teeth. It's at this point i see a white-robed-jesus-looking dude heading for the main door to the chapel, getting the same impression I telekinetically close that door, which takes even more effort. He then does the flamey-transformation-bit and turns into a male-devil-looking-thing. There's some witty banter exchanged in a buffy-esque fashion and then i toss a lightning bolt at the fem-demon and turn her into dust. I turn to face off the big guy when the scene shifts.

This dream is goofy. I'm walking along surburbia-USA when i get the distinct impression I've stepped into the future. I'm not sure where that came from, but I was also reluctant to believe it, so i turn off the road i was on and walk into a neighborhood. I'm wearing a black tee-shirt with yellow lettering that says "Say No to Fascism!" on it, and all the citizenry i pass on the street give me uneasy, disconcerting looks. The next thing I know I'm walking past a cop car, that's parked in the driveway of one house as if they're doing some crime scene investigation. I look at my watch, it's 2pm. The cop hops out and he's like, hey uh, you better come with me. I'm all still unsure of what's going on, so I'm okay, no problem officer, what's this all about. He's like, I uh need you to talk to some of my friends. So like some naive lil good-citizen i follow him into this house.

It's a crime scene, there's yellow tape and photographers everywhere. He tells me to wait in the entry way, and then proceeds to go confer with his cop-friends down the hallway. After standing around feelin like a fool for five minutes I look at my watch wondering when he's gonna come back, it's 4:16pm. The thought hits me... I just lost two hours. Then I look at my watch again, its 4:38pm, so maybe im misinterpretting the flow of time or the hours are minutes and minutes seconds. Not sure. The cop comes back with a foot long metal rod that kinda looks like a microphone, I ask, "So what's going on here?" and he puts the rod thing close to me, it puffs out some green gas, and i loose consciousness.

This last dream is really disturbing. I'm walking along at night, heading for a big building where a lot of people are working. It's all lit up, and you can hear voices coming from it in the distance. I get the impulse to stop and hear some odd female voice, I don't remember what she says, but she indicates a shadier lil house that's a bit before the big one, she also tells me I can only bring one of my peeps. It's at this point i see i have two indistinct companions with me. Well we figure we'd all go anyway cuz we didn't want to leave anyone behind. We get to this shady lil house and there's like a classroom, but it's empty, and a guest book. So we sign the guest book, on the top line, and see beneath us that other's have signed it indicating a lil credulity at the fact that we were there and signing in.

So I sit down at a desk in the back, and there's a little cartoon panel on it. I look at the cartoon and it's like, a reproduction of the classroom, except it's outside, there's grass and clouds and sun, and while im looking it over a cartoon vortex appears and these cartoony robed lizzies materialize infront of the vortex. They've got red eyes, with spirals. "This week we'll be downloading a new program" they state. And then before I know it, the meeting's over and this older skinny girl lightly lays her hand on my shoulder breaking me from some sort of trance, she's wearing the same purple robe that the lizzies had on in the cartoon, and says "Same time next week?" And im like "Uh next monday?" And she's like "Yep."

That last one is the closest dream I've ever had that had the ring of 'abduction' to it. I never thought I was an abductie (still dont), nor have I ever had reason to think it, I've had alien dreams before, but typically they're more overt. Like flying saucers showing up in the sky, or weird aliens, good and bad showing up in my bedroom for a chit chat. This one was subtle, and creepy, and those little cartoon lizzies had the appearance of being goofy, cute, funny. I also didn't like how I avoided the big lit up place and went to some creepy lil shack because a 'mysterious voice' suggested it. That's totally not like me. I also woke up an hour later then I normally do, i have this perfect timing with my sleep and usually I wake up every morning, @ 745-50, woke up @ 8:55 this morning. Off.

I'm also confuzzled about the prison dream, like the girl and guy didn't go all demon until i closed the doors on them. So it's possible that it was merely a change in my perception of them as opposed to an actual transformation revealing their true form.

Thus I'm not sure if these dreams were 'real' or 'planted' but they were vivid as all hell. Completely different flavor then the 5 I posted above, those were more idyll. These had a tone of seriousness and dire consequence, heavy weight. And that last one really creeped me out.

And some more:

The first was kinda scary. I was in my bed, sleeping, say 2amish and i hear a gnarling, growling, scratching at my door. It freaks me out, but I'm inside, the door's locked and so I just stay under the covers. Then a few moments later I hear a pounding on the door. Like an intense knocking. I try to ignore it, but it just keeps on going. I get up, go down to the door and look through the peephole (IRL i dont have a peephole) and it's an old lady neighbor. I blow her off and go back to bed, the knocking stops and i go back to sleep. Then I hear the snarling again, get freaked, and it goes away. Then i hear the knocking again, same deal. I go down and it's a cop. Being a cop I decide to indulge and open the door. He tells me there's some rabid dogs running around and that I should stay in doors. He also tells me they released the cop dogs to hunt them down and everything should be okay by morning. So i go back to bed.

Then I hear a loud Whack, Bang, Snarling and growling and something coming up the stairs. I assume its the nastys, get up, slam my bedroom door shut and prop it up with some furniture. At this point I'm scared out of my mind and 'exit' the dream consciously.

The next one I find myself chasing this huge airship. I also know that I'm in an MMO (online artificial world). I can jump really high and i get on board and start taking out NPCs that are manning the guns and thus disabling the ship. It's weird how i disable them, i just kind smack em lightly or even give them a glaring look and then just kind slump down in their seats and stop operating the machine.

I find at the head of the ship is my one friend who I happen to play video games with. I tell him he needs to take the ship down, and he says he can't... we get into an argument and it gets to the point where I start offing his goon NPCs that are flyin the machine and then it starts to go down. We crash and everyone climbs out (it seems like we're inside a bus and we're popping out the windows and I flip out) and no one was hurt in the crash. Hooray for disabling the ship!

So I look back at the thing and it's a schoolbus crashed into a tree. The stark difference doesnt seem to surprise anyone and all these kids that climbed out of it are meeting their parents. Mine aren't there, but I don't seem to notice it. I overhear some of them talking about the airship crash and how it was 'some kid with special armor that was able to take it down and save their kids.' Unfortunately I lost the armor at some point, eventhough I don't remember having it.

I then go inside and see another little girl playing video games. It turns out to be my youngest sister and she's explaining to me her newest game which seems really cool. And that's about where it ends.

Analysis - We'll in the first dream the theme is fear, fear of some unknown snarling monster that's 'right outside the door'. Later it's identified as a 'rabid dog' and being born in 82, I identify with dogs. So basically I think this is about fearing myself, my predator, and it's ability to control me. I also 'blew off the old lady' who I think represents the Working group, cuz basically that's what I did. I couldn't see it at the time thanks to the buffers/lies i tell myself, but I was given advice and it was ignored/discarded.

The cop represents, order, law, authority and perhaps that is how I've come to view the QFS. Ironically it was only after I left or towards the end of my stay that I saw how the group functioned, and thus it's value. So then what happens, the beast breaks down the door and makes for my bedroom - thus I left, got knocked down a peg or four, and totally surrounded by A inf's all over again. Back to square one. Though in the dream I did manage to slam the door and barricade it, which means I still have shot, osit. Though it's at this point fear overwhelms me and I leave the dream.

The second dream i think is more direct. I'm in an artificial world - read my everyday reality, and there's a huge flying war machine causing chaos. And here some background is apropos: Lately I've been trying to get away from my friends, the infernal 'be nice' or 'be cool' program makes this difficult. If my cell rings, I pick it up, when I know full well that picking it up means they'll come over and thus prevent me from doing anything meaningful for the rest of the night. It's a strange dicotomy because when I'm alone I want people around and when people are around I want to be alone. So it goes...

So I think this flying war machine represents what happens when I let my friends come over - chaos. So then I jump up and start disabling NPCs basically by being mean to them. My friends are merely unconscious pawns of the system, read - NPCs, so if i want to disable the airship I have to disable the 'be nice' program. Then the airship crashes and all the kids climb out and realize it was a bus... what's a bus - a vehicle for taking you to school where you learn. So on one hand we all will realize that the whole incidence was a lesson (this i'm skeptical about) and on the other hand buses take you to schools where you get 'educated' and this one crashed. So we effectively stopped 'education' that was being caused by 'being on the airship'. So I think this dream is about building a strategic enclosure, and infact that could be the theme of both dreams.

I just want to chime in to say I am also experiencing a lot of the same kind of dreams these last two or three weeks.
They are all very vivid and I have three to five by night (those I remember) are about being chased by creatures, trapped somewhere, under constant watch of cameras or an authority figure (police force) with ill intent and so on...

Like you I feel it's connected with the work and the forum but I don't know if they are linking to some fears or the many I's trying to keep me in check somehow.

Other one that was strange this morning:

I was in an old house, I think it was my grandmothers, and a bunch of my 'family' was there. It was an old house for sure, and decorated like it was outta some creepy movie. So then we're all sitting around this huge rectangle table with a bowl of diamonds on it in the middle, and my little sister grabs a handful of diamonds and tosses them into the air. They begin to float/swirl above our heads and I can't help but think 'Well isn't this messy'. So everyone else is laughing and talking and I reach up and pluck a diamond out of the air above me, then I toss it back into the bowl. The other people at the table are like 'well that's lame' and I continue to pluck em one at a time and put em back into the bowl.

Eventually the 'family' gets up to leave and there's still a whole bunch floating in the air, so I call em all to my hand and they float over and then I telekinetically put them all back in the bowl - and no one seemed to notice. After that some people left, though my brother and grandmother were still in the room and we all curl up on different parts of the floor to rest.

I'm layin next to my grandmother (who isn't really my grandmother) when all of a sudden I notice this lil odd symbol on the floor rotating. It's like a pin, it's gold in color and has two wings and two vines forming loops underneath. I also hear a scratching, gnawing noise and think there's something below tryin to come up. I just keep watching it and I see a drill bit come up through the floor leaving a hole about two inches in diameter. When I look down into the hole I see this nasty yellow eye looking back at me.

That freaks me out so I wake everyone up, and while I'm doing that this thing starts punching and beating at the opening shaking the whole house to the point where it can jump through. My cell phone rings and on the caller ID i can see my pops, but at this point the thing jumps up through the hole. It's a bald man with a red-face (he looked like Red Skull, Captain America's antithesis) no hair, and those nasty yellow eyes. His head was skull shaped and he was wearing a large brown trenchcoat and had a menacing aura about him. I toss my phone to my brother and tell him to get help and start squaring off against this guy. I throw a few kicks and punches, and he takes em mockingly. He then zooms around me somehow (like superspeed) and I grab a table, pick it up, and whirl around nailing him with the broad side.

After that he disappears, and I'm trying to close up the hole he made by putting furniture on top of it.

Couple of thoughts - The diamonds on the table, i kinda look at them like knowledge - everyone is content to have it floating above their heads, but I'm plucking it out of the air and putting it in a bowl, collecting it and putting it back to where it belongs. Maybe the telekinetic clean up is a reference to some ability to acquire knowledge more directly instead of reading book after book, or having experience after experience.

The house and all the people in it could by symbolic of my many I's. That would explain the feeling I had of all of us being family.

I guess the red skulled dude could be the predator, that thing lurking in the basement. When we fought it didn't seem to get hurt or injured, and it kinda mocked me for the punches and kicks I threw. Thus fighting it directly isn't going to work. It was also able to move around me incredibly fast and only disappeared when I used some of the house furniture against it. Even then - it disappeared, i didn't see it's corpse or anything, so obviously I wasn't able to kill it. It was very vivid though.

Usually in dreams when there's a big bad, I'm afraid of it, this time though I was confident in my ability to fight it, and not only that I knew that I had to fight it. It was definitely a weird dream.

Another bizarre, disturbing, and vivid dream this morning:

I'm walking out of a building of some sort, realizing that I should be waking up in bed not walking some where and I look around. The sky has a ceiling sort of feel to it, and I hear a loudspeaker discussing some details about a Texas flight museum. Something like a schedule as to what's on the agenda for the day. Looking up there's a symbol rotating, it's a plane, like an f16 and some words written around it that I cannot recall anymore.

I'm walking out, and as I move forward the ground appears to be water, blue water, and it has little waves in it with no particular pattern. I'm standing in it now and it doesn't go too deep, but I get the impression that if I keep walking forward it drops off suddenly. So I keep walking around the edge and I come to another little building where people seem to be gathering. I walk inside and there's security guards in the front, and I ask them if they can tell me where I am because I seem to be lost and I have no idea how I got there. They tell me to wait over there with other lost people and if I want I can try to call someone on the pay phone. So I look around, it's like a reception area, everything's white-ish and clean looking, and the uniforms on the guards seem to be non-identifying.

The people in the waiting area seem scared of something, and I don't remember if I tried to talk to them or not, but I don't remember getting any info from them at all. So I try the phone, dial home, try putting a nine in front of it, I get a dial tone, but no rings and after trying a few times I give up and look around again.

It's at this point I notice the security guards (who were standing on the other side of the pillar where the phone was) have their hands merging together. I get the impression their communicating and it seems to be pleasurable for them, they continue to push into one another and it's at this point I start freaking out. I look over at the other people and get the impression they're food for these things and I start running. For some reason I run into the complex instead of running out and it only gets worse from there.

It's could be described as a bathhouse, and there's a locker room and I run in and these things are all around, they look like zombies with bits of flesh hanging off. I try not to stare or look freaked out because I'm tryin to blend in, and I find a little booth where I can hide and chill there for a minute. Another one of those things shows up outside and wants to come in, I guess he thinks I'm there for the orgy or whatever and I attempt to politely excuse myself but that doesn't work and it starts grumbling some unintelligible babble at me as if it's angry.

As I'm running I bump into another normal human, also scared out of his wits, but he found two knives and gives me one. So we stand back to back in this tiny bathroom/locker room and start slashing ferociously. Slashing their neck's seems to work and I get one or two before I turn around and notice my partner got his knife stuck in one of the critters skulls, and he seems to shocked to remove it, so I throw mine at the neck of the nearest, grab the other and jack it outta the things head and it falls into a pile on the ground.

And then I wake up.

What get's me about this one is the vividness of the opening, where I was calm and just trying to take in everything versus the obscurity due to panic/fear felt during the second half. It was also some of the most disgusting gore I've ever seen paired with the seeming pleasure these creatures got out of it. It still freaks me out when I think about it. The parallel to sex is also disturbing, I hope the next time I'm intimate with someone the images don't pop back into my head and I run from the room screaming, that would be kinda messed up.

The fighting was weird, it almost seems, in retrospect that we were beating them with relative ease. My knife was busted too, it had no handle, so it made it difficult to wield. I'm still trying to get a handle on the meaning, it was quite vivid to begin with, and I felt as if I had my full alertness. It did seem real, as if I'd woken up in some bizarre place with weird scenery and couldn't grasp how I got there let alone how to get home. Happily it was only a dream.

The last part that confuses me is why I didn't run out of the place instead of running into it. You'd think that if you walked into a restaurant, realized you were on the menu you'd run out into the streets screaming instead of into the kitchen....

Back
Top Bottom