Ecuador Violates Mexican Embassy

mabar

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Unfortunately I am not surprised by the influences of certain countries (Israel, USA) that are "helping" Ecuador, it is like the saying, tell me who you hang out with and I will tell you what you are like.
#URGENT| In Quito in this way agents of the National Police entered with armored vehicles to the Mexican Embassy confronting Roberto Canseco in charge as Ambassador of Mexico in Ecuador. 🇪🇨

Mexico on the other hand breaks diplomatic relations with Ecuador

Context
Former Ecuador VP Glas to appeal judge's order to return to jail
QUITO, Dec 28 (Reuters) - Ecuadorean former Vice President Jorge Glas will appeal a decision by a judge ordering him back to prison, his lawyer said on Thursday, saying that a return to jail would be dangerous.
Glas, convicted twice for corruption, last Friday asked Mexico for political asylum, arguing he is being persecuted by the attorney general's office in Ecuador.
The former vice president, who served under leftist ex-President Rafael Correa between 2013 and 2017, has been inside the Mexican Embassy in Quito as a "guest" since Dec. 17.
Glas' lawyer Edison Loiza submitted an appeal against the judge's ruling, which was also made on Thursday, arguing his client's life could be in danger.
Glas, 54, was sentenced to six years in prison in 2017 after he was found guilty of receiving bribes from Brazilian construction firm Odebrecht in exchange for awarding it government contracts.
He was given a separate eight-year prison sentence in 2020, as was Correa, for using money from contractors to finance campaigns for Correa's political movement.
Glas has been jailed and freed repeatedly. He was last released in November 2022 after completing five years of his sentences.
Though he can move freely within Ecuador, he cannot leave the country during the remainder of his sentences.

That situation in Ecuador was quite the act of war, this is how president Correa defined ti.

Ecuador pretty much invaded a sovereign nation's land to arrest a citizen, considering that Quito has become the new Bogota, it isn't surprising that they felt the audacity to pull such a move, the only other country that does that is the US and Israel.

CELAC has called for urgent meetings in the next few days to deal with this, but so has the OAS, which is an arm of Washington.

So this will be interesting to witness unravel.

Ecuadorian militia have jumped the fence and kidnapped a man who was granted asylum in flagrant violation of the Article 22 of the Geneva Convention. I’ll leave it to Richard Medhurst to explain the details of this unprecedented historic event which occurred today, April 6, 2024.

Interesting point of view on current politics/geopolitics.

"Someone" is very, very desperate and wants to end the sovereignty of the diplomatic headquarters.

---------------------------------------

Alfredo Jalife-Rahme
@AlfredoJalife

EXCLUSIVE: ECUADOR APPLIES THE "ISRAELI MODEL" AGAINST MEXICO.

Four days after the lethal attack against the Iranian Consulate in Damascus, Ecuador now breaks into the Mexican embassy in Quito. "Someone" promotes the end of the 1961 Vienna Convention and the termination of the sovereignties of the diplomatic headquarters.

The minister who led the unacceptable invasion of the Mexican embassy is the "Mexican" minister Mónica Rosa Irene Palencia Nuñez from whom the Mexican government must immediately remove her spurious nationality.

The Chancellor was also taken out by force, I had read comments of "why was he outside if his obligation is the embassy" and many forget that diplomats have immunity, they cannot even touch them with the petal of a rose.
▶️ The federal government 🇲🇽 shared, in the #ConferenciaMañanera, new images of the assault by Ecuadorian security forces 🇪🇨 on the Mexican embassy in Quito to arrest Jorge Glas.
I doubt it, it would only make the situation very very worse, and give the US another perfect excuse to intervene as the "big brother".
Or big bother 🙄... It will go on the list of anecdotes, I guess. It doesn't go beyond words. Or a meme war, as I read over there.

Although, you know, maybe an adjustment of nuts and bolts by certain countries, it does not escape my notice that Mexico is in collusion with those who rock the cradle.

AMLO on Mexican Embassy ride by Ecuador
In a morning conference, the president reiterated that our country is not a colony of any foreign country:

"Mexico is an independent, free, sovereign country, we are not a colony of any foreign country, and we will continue to resist, and I also say this because of the aggression against our sovereignty in Ecuador," he said.
In this context, he asserted:

"That is not done by a government if it does not feel it has the backing of other governments or powers, that is why we are going to take this matter to the International Court of Justice. Mexico is respected".

Yesterday, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs informed about 3 actions against these facts that attempted against the country's sovereignty: first, a lawsuit before the International Court of Justice (ICJ); subsequently, to request the support of foreign ministries and the 33 countries of the Community of Latin American and Caribbean States (CELAC) and finally, to present a letter to the Secretary General of the United Nations (UN) so that the situation is presented before all members of the United Nations, the Human Rights Council and the General Assembly.

As if they haven't known from the beginning. This is just to stay in sync, something bigger is coming, I guess.
After reviewing videos and AMLO's protest, U.S. condemns with greater emphasis assault on Mexican Embassy in Ecuador. National Security Advisor @JakeSullivan46 specifies:
1. Criticizes Noboa government for violating Vienna Convention.
2. Condemnation for beating diplomatic officials.
3. Support for resolution at @OAS_oficial.
👉🏽 In a few words: this is not done, even though analysts in Mexico justify it "to understand" what happened in Ecuador.

The OAS held a meeting today, an organism that should not intervene in an optimal situation, but there seems to be unanimous condemnation towards Ecuador for their shenanigans. The way it is being described is, Ecuador arrested a citizen in Mexican territory.

I have a feeling this will fizzle out, most leaders in the region seem to be pretty much on the same page about this, and some of the ones you'd expect to support Ecuador have remained quiet about it, so maybe even they know this was way too much. I'm talking about the likes of Milei for instance.

I have a feeling this will fizzle out, most leaders in the region seem to be pretty much on the same page about this, and some of the ones you'd expect to support Ecuador have remained quiet about it, so maybe even they know this was way too much. I'm talking about the likes of Milei for instance.
I have the same feeling, things would have had escalated way more on the first and second night and didn't happen, what Ecuador did was a declaration of war technically, if nothing got escalated more than that then it will be just a bad flavor that might stay for a period of time between both countries, and I think that's thanks to Mexico's president. I think the fact that not starting a War is good because nobody wants a war, specially between Latin American countries, that itself is rare, no matter how much they can disagree on polices, very rarely a war can happen between Latino countries, but I'm noticing that conflicts between Latin American countries are starting to increase lately.

We have this recent case between Ecuador and Mexico, but we also have the Fact that Milei (Argentina) wanted to send troops to their embassy in Venezuela, which can create an escalation. Also, Guyana beginning to let private companies to start operations in the area which Venezuela is claiming, which could end up in escalations as well.
If we look all these incidents happening from a far away perspective so to say, it seems the PTB really wants to create more escalations in a region that has been purely pacifist for decades... At the end, one would conclude that the goal is to create more distraction? It seems the case.

I think there's always going to be tension in the region, for decades we had the tension between Venezuela and Colombia for instance, with a few exchanges here and there, closure of borders and so on, I do not think it'll ever escalate beyond that. It would be like Pakistan and India, who have had border issues for a long time but neither of them have any real interest in starting a war.

In South America, how would they even fund a war? and the rest of the world would look and go " guys.. stop!" and it would be over.

I do think that there will be difficulties and some diplomatic tensions, denial of visas, sanctions even, tariffs and so on, some border closures and the like until Ecuador changes leadership, or Mexico does.

Looking beyond the obvious mistake, many Ecuadorians see this measure as an act of justice since this former vice-president had been convicted by the justice system without denying him defense rights. Some consider it a "purge" and also mention the interference of the Mexican government (leftist) in Ecuador's affairs and the use of embassies as a last resort to evade justice.
Taking into account that in Ecuador there will be a popular consultation this April 21, where questions that would lead to a constitutional reform will be addressed using a political strategy with which the legislature carries out projects directly to avoid bodies such as the senate and congress; one wonders if generating this chaos with an act of war is a form of political strategy to carry out control measures and more popular support or if it was a simple "miscalculation" ill-advised. (?)

1712739128084.png

Here is President Noboa's point of view and why such a measure was taken:
President Daniel Noboa made a statement this Monday, April 8, 2024, on the latest events related to Mexico and the asylum granted to former Vice President Jorge Glas.
Through a statement, the Head of State began his statement by indicating that in recent days he has taken exceptional decisions to protect national security, the rule of law and the dignity of the Ecuadorian people.
The Head of State said that he rejects any kind of impunity for criminals, delinquents, corrupt or narco-terrorists.

"My obligation is to comply with the rulings of justice and we could not allow the asylum of convicted criminals involved in very serious crimes," he said in reference to the asylum granted by Mexico to former Vice President Jorge Glas.

According to the statement, Glas' asylum violates Article III of the Caracas Agreement, Article I of the Montevideo Convention, and Article 41 of the Vienna Convention.
Noboa affirmed that they could not run the imminent risk of an escape, as had happened before.

"We have seen the reactions of some groups that have put their interests and political project above the sovereignty, dignity and justice of Ecuador. Others have tried to turn it into an ideological struggle, trying to pigeonhole me in an extreme of which I have never been a part," he said.

In the communiqué, Noboa also speaks about the requests that politicians have made for Ecuador to be economically sanctioned.

"Some outdated Ecuadorian politicians have asked Mexico to declare war on us, and the international community to sanction us economically, incurring in a betrayal of the country never seen before," he said.

Former President Rafael Correa was one of them. The former head of state in public interviews mentioned that Ecuador should be economically sanctioned for the raid to the Mexican embassy in Quito.
Finally, President Noboa sent a message to Mexico.

"To the brotherly people of Mexico I want to express that I will always be willing to resolve any difference, but that justice is not negotiable, and that we will never protect criminals who have harmed Mexicans".

Mirando un poco mas allá del evidente error, muchos ecuatorianos ven esta medida como un acto de justicia ya que este ex-vicepresidente había sido condenado por la justicia sin negarle derechos de defensa. Algunos la consideran una "purga" y también se menciona la injerencia del gobierno Mexicano ("de izquierda") en los asuntos de Ecuador y del uso de embajadas como ultimo recurso para evadir la justicia. Teniendo en cuenta que en Ecuador habra una consulta popular este 21 de abril, donde se abordarán preguntas que llevarían a una reforma constitucional usando así una estrategia política con la que el legislativo lleva a cabo proyectos de forma directa para evitar estamentos como el senado y el congreso; Uno se pregunta si generar este caos con un acto de guerra es una forma de estrategia política para llevar a cabo medidas de control y más apoyo popular o si fue un simple "error de calculo" mal asesorado.(?)

Aqui el punto de vista del presidente Noboa y el porque se tomo tal medida:

El presidente Daniel Noboa se pronunció este lunes, 8 de abril de 2024, sobre los últimos hechos relacionados con México y el asilo concedido al exvicepresidente Jorge Glas.
A través de un comunicado, el Jefe de Estado empezó su pronunciamiento indicando que en los últimos días ha tomado decisiones excepcionales para proteger la seguridad nacional, el Estado de Derecho y la dignidad del pueblo ecuatoriano.
El Primer Mandatario dijo que rechaza cualquier tipo de impunidad a criminales, delincuentes, corruptos o narcoterroristas.

“Mi obligación es cumplir con los dictámenes de la justicia y no podíamos permitir que se asile a delincuentes sentenciados, involucrados en crímenes muy graves”, señaló en referencia al asilo que México le otorgó al exvicepresidente Jorge Glas.
Según el comunicado, el asilo a Glas viola el el Artículo III del Acuerdo de Caracas, el Artículo i de la Convención de Montevideo, y Artículo 41 de la Convención de Viena.
Noboa afirmó que no podían correr el riesgo inminente de una fuga, como ya había pasado antes.

“Hemos visto las reacciones de algunos grupos que han puesto sus intereses y proyecto político por encima de la soberanía, dignidad y la justicia del Ecuador. Otros, han tratado de volverlo una lucha ideológica, tratando de encasillarme en un extremo del cual nunca he sido parte”, señaló.

En el comunicado Noboa también habla sobre los pedidos que han realizado políticos para que Ecuador sea sancionado económicamente.
“Unos políticos ecuatorianos caducos, han solicitado a México que nos declare la guerra, y a la comunidad internacional que nos sancione económicamente, incurriendo en una traición a la Patria nunca antes vista”, indicó.

El expresidente Rafael Correa fue uno de ellos. El exjefe de Estado en entrevistas públicas mencionó que Ecuador debe ser sancionado económicamente por la incursión a la embajada de México, en Quito.
Por último, el presidente Noboa envió un mensaje a México.

“Al pueblo hermano de México quiero expresarle que siempre estaré dispuesto a resolver cualquier diferencia, pero que la justicia no se negocia, y que jamás protegeremos a criminales que les han hecho daño a los mexicanos”.

Back
Top Bottom