Dream Symbolism

FRV

Padawan Learner
Hello Lovely Souls,

I want some help reflecting on one of my recent dreams. I also want to start this by saying I know that each of our own dreams are incredibly personalized and it is hard to interpret another person's dream as we could all dream about a dove per say and it all mean something different.
But I also know that networking is a beautiful thing and very helpful due to all of us having our own blindspots.

I have done a lot of The Work alone and especially when it comes to dreams yet I feel a calling to network in deeper ways. Maybe someone won't have the answer but rather provoke a line of thinking that will help me find the answer.

Anyways the dream:

I was at a house with a bunch of people, who I don't know who they are when reflecting back on the dream but while in the dream they were "friends" or people I know, and it was like we were in an air b&b or something. I discovered that we are actually on a beachfront with the ocean right there so I ran towards it threw off my top and dived in. Everyone else followed me into the ocean. They got way further than me and I couldn't make it that fsr- it was like I could see or swim properly and the waves kept pushing me back. Something felt off. Then I heard someone scream : WHAT IS THAT?" and then everyone was just screaming from fear.. It looked to be this terrifying fish with weird sharp huge teeth. Everyone panicked go get to share and the waves helped me back. We were all okay. Then shortly after most of us were in the dinning room with HIGE windows that showed the background where some of the others were. That's when I looked at him screamed. Everyone wanted to know why, though no one was panicked about how freaked out zi I just got. I pointed the one of the guys outside, who appeared to me as that terrifying fish on the head of this man's body. The fish was making eye contact with me and somehow had an evil smile even tho the mouth didn't actually look like that, I could just sense it through the eye contact. No one believed me, they couldn't see it. As they told me they don't see it, it's just the guy- it didn't go away for me. I could still see the evil fish on his body. Shortly after that for whatever reason this guy was giving me a back massage and without looking at him I knew he transformed into the fish and then I felt his fish teeth against my bare back even though I was fully clothed. I don't remember much else of the dream.

It reminds me of a story in The Wave Series where Laura I think was at church and suddenly saw the pastor as a wolf. It seemed Everyone was delighted in joyful worship while she has an awful feeling and couldn't stop seeing the person as a wolf. The story might be a bit off as it's been a couple years since I read that book BUT it came to mind while reflecting on this dream. Does anyone remember what book or chapter this story was in so I can read it again??

Also what do you sense from this dream??

Also what do you sense from this dream??
Like you said, the dreams belong to the dreamer.. so all these aspects could be parts of you that are in contradiction to one another.. or that are at odds with one another, but you're having trouble connecting them, perhaps.

Or perhaps, you're not paying attention where you should, something seemingly fun and harmless, like a beach trip with acquaintances, could be a source of danger and you refuse to see it, because you think it's not possible.

So, those are the two ideas that sort of resonated with me while reading your dream. it's either becoming conscious of a part of yourself that you haven't, or perhaps paying attention to possible trouble in an unlikely place.

my two cents.

You've had a terrible nightmare and it's normal to think it's negative. But in this nightmare you have two very important symbols, that of water and that of the fish, beautiful, powerful and super-interesting symbols. If I were you, I'd find out what water symbolizes in dreams or simply what water means in the world of symbols and what the symbol of the fish, a very powerful symbol, also means. And above all, what do water and fish mean to you? Reading about symbols is the first step, and then asking the question: if water is a symbol, what does it mean across cultures, myths and tales? Water is energy, strength, life. What does water mean to you? Dreams are so mysterious and have their own way of beckoning us, sometimes even entertaining us, making us experience emotions that are sometimes repressed or misdirected in our day-to-day lives. The fish is a spiritual symbol, but what does it mean to you?

It's said that it's best not to analyze a dream, but rather to let it speak for itself, to thank it and, above all, to let it be free. Accept it with all the emotions it provokes, even fear. Write down the dream and see the symbols it contains, which are in fact gifts offered to us to help us get to know ourselves better.

As Alejo said, no one can analyze a dream or nightmare for us. It's the dreamer who holds the key to the dream.

I've had a lot of nightmares in my life, over the years, and some are still a mystery to me. Others I can, with time and reflection, understand a little better. James Hillman has written a very beautiful and difficult book on dreams, an important one I think, The dream and the underworld.

In time, dreams and nightmares, some of them, come to speak, but if they speak to us, then perhaps we've understood a little more about who we are.

This is my way of looking at dreams. Everyone has their own way of seeing and understanding the mysterious world of dreams.

Thank you for sharing.

1691737131380.png

Back
Top Bottom