Dr. Thomas Cowan and heart diseases under spotlight

Shared Joy

Jedi Council Member
Hi,

Well, dr Cowan had been mentioned briefly here, but not concerning his new book and the way he sees the heart function and the development of heart diseases, which is quite interesting.

he combines in his work the findings of dr Price, the Rudolph Steiner's philosophy, Gerard Pollack's 4th phase of water, Victor Schauberger's vortex theory, and an interesting construct of the shape of the heart which explains it's function.

here's his website:

_https://www.humanheartcosmicheart.com/

and if you want to understand his concepts, the easiest way is to read this article:

_http://support.fourfoldhealing.com/article/128-what-causes-heart-attacks-new-article

- the main cause for heart attack are not the main arterial plaques but the acidosis of the heart tissue due to prolonged sympathetic nervous excitation and resulting glycolysis, a dramatic increase in lactic acid production occurs.
- the brain and the heart are the only 2 organs which can't stop in case of lactic acid accumulation to allow the blood to clean it up, therefore the tissue get damaged and dies.

As a result of the increase in lactic acid in the myocardial cells, a localized acidosis occurs. This acidosis causes the calcium to be unable to enter the cells, making the cells less able to contract.15 This inability to contract causes localized
edema, dysfunction of the walls of the heart (called hypokinesis, the hallmark of ischemic disease as seen on stress echoes and nuclear thallium stress tests), and eventually necrosis of the tissue, which we call an MI.

there is this Ben Greenfield show on youtube which summarize very well his concepts, a transcript of the show is also given, which makes it easier to follow:

_https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sh-ptsz_NVU Why Your Heart Is Not A Pump (& What Most Doctors Don't Know About The True Cause Of Heart Disease)

_https://bengreenfieldfitness.com/2016/11/transcript-why-your-heart-is-not-a-pump/ - show transcript.

some highlights:

Dr. Tom: Well, the reason that I mentioned water in the book was because the first major premise of the book, and there’s basically two. The first is that the heart does not pump the blood, and the second is blocked arteries generally speaking, don’t cause heart attacks. The reason I mentioned those is because there’s probably know more two fundamental truths in conventional science and medicine than those two.
In 1628 is when we found out by a guy named Willian Harvey that the heart pumps the blood and it’s been one of the foundational facts of conventional science for almost four hundred years. And I had been convinced over the last twenty years that it was basically flat-out wrong, and after figuring out that the heart doesn’t pump the blood, I had to figure out why does the blood move and that led me to study water. And so, that’s how I got into studying water which provides a very clear, concise, and plausible explanation for why the blood moves in the body, and so that sort of closed the loop.
Ben: Ok, so this idea behind water, can you explain what structured water is and what that has to do with the way the blood moves within the body?
Dr. Tom: Yeah, if I could do that. So, it’s basically in the same with heart disease. It’s first a kind of negation of the known facts, and that leads directly into this question you asked, I don’t wanna ignore your question, but what the role of water is. So conventional science in medicine says we have this approximately 1 pound organ which has fairly thin walls, and we have about enough blood vessels in the body to go around the earth approximately 3 times. So that’s a pretty small pumping organ, and by the way, when I say pump, I mean pressure propulsion. I mean, there’s something about the walls of the heart that pushed the blood through the body. That’s what we’re told, and that’s what I mean by a pump.
Dr. Tom:... So then the question is what happens in the capillaries and how is that related to water? So it turns out that Pollack’s explanation is that here’s another basic fact in science that there’s 3 states of matter, but when you look at water there’s clearly more than 3 states. It just as evidenced by the fact that the cells are 70% water, we’re told, and you can prove that, yet you could squish your leg into a pulp and no water would come out of your cells. So where’s the water? Well, it turns out it’s in a gel phase. The way you form a gel phase as he brilliantly described was you take a protein or a hydrophilic surface and you put it in water, and you charge it with the sun or the earth just being in the sunlight charges up the hydrophilic surface, and it forms a negatively charged what he calls exclusion zone next to this protein and positively charged protons then go into the bulk water.
Ben: Ok, so the inside of our blood vessels would be very similar to what they’ve used in the lab in terms of it being a hydrophilic surface that they’re pushing water through?
Dr. Tom: Yes. But I just wanna correct that for a minute. There’s no pushing the water. All you need is this rolled up tube that creates a separation of charges, so it creates this negative charge which by the way, protects the tube, it’s called an exclusion zone, and that pushes the positive charges into the bulk water, the non-gel water.
Dr. Tom: Well, in Pollack’s experiments he put these tubes in water and he put them in a lead box, and the tube stopped being charged and the water stopped flowing. And then he put them in the sunlight and they started flowing again. Which tells us that the separation of charge which is the thing that really is doing the work here, that has to come from some supply of energy from the outside which can be simply sunlight or electromagnetic field from the earth or holding your friend’s or wife’s hand, all those things provide energy that’s enough to charge up our tubes and flow the fluid which is exactly what people experience with massage and intimate encounters, and being in the sun, walking on the beach, walking in the wet grass with bare feet, all these things. They all charge your tubes, make the blood flow and it’s all free and amazing.

and about the heart shape and mechanism:

Ben: Now when you say “the model for the heart is completely wrong” are you referring to the actual geometry of the heart that you talked about in the book?
Dr. Tom: I’m referring to 2 things. The first thing is, if we know that the pumping so called pumping which means the reason the blood moves is from what we just talked about this water dynamics and it starts in the capillaries, so the next rational question is so what is the heart doing there in the first place? Why do we need a heart? What does it do? And the best way to describe that is a bit like if you wanna use an analogy again, it’s like a hydraulic ram. So you click a ram in a fast moving stream of water, so now picture this fast moving venus blood coming up to the heart, and it gets to the heart and what does the heart do? It stops the blood. Doesn’t push the blood, it stops the blood. And it holds it in an expandable tank behind the gate. So the gate expands and that creates positive pressure on the incoming side and negative pressure or a vacuum on the other side, right?
Ben: Right.

Dr. Tom: That’s what’s going to happen. And once that pressure differential builds up, the gate will open the aortic arch, the outflow too will compress in because it’s a suction device not a pushing device, and that explains perfectly what you see and even what a heartbeat is. A heartbeat is the expansion of expandable walls, and then a passive contraction. There’s no push needed which also makes it very easy for muscle to do that for eighty years, twenty-four hours a day, three hundred sixty days a year. So that explains what a heart does. Now there’s another whole aspect of what the heart does which turns out that the heart has a very interesting shape which I described in detail in the book which is a 7-sided regular form which supposedly didn’t exist until a guy named Frank Chester basically created it. And when you create this form and put it into an on-rushing stream of water, what this form does is 2 things. One, it structures the water so that the cells go down the middle like the white blood cells and the red blood cells, and it does that by creating a vortex or a spiral inside of this structure.
Ben: Okay.

Dr. Tom: So the whole thing is so amazing and sophisticated. This blood comes in which has lost its form it comes in to this holding tank which creates using nature’s creative form which is a vortex or a spiral like the Milky Way or DNA, or a snail or sunflowers, or any other creative form, and that gets the cells to move down the middle where the least resistance is and puts the other stuff in the more fluid part to the outside where the most resistance is, that helps the flow and it creates this vortex which essentially energizes your whole being and creates an electromagnetic field which gets the organs to entrain on them. The vortex is key and we only know that there’s a vortex is in there because we can see it when this form is created.
Ben: And the actual form of the heart I believe the title of the shape that you give to in the book is a ‘chestahedron’, is that correct?

Dr. Tom: Yeah. That was new name that Frank came up with to give a name to the exact form that actually Rudolf Steiner predicted, he said: “the heart is a 7-sided regular form that sits in an imaginary box in the chest”, and whe int turns out when you put this form in a box it makes the same angle in your chest as your heart does in your real chest.
Ben: Ok, so if I form a 7-sided chestahedron figure, you actually have an image of this in the book, a photo of this in the book, and I take that and put it into a geometrical square which represent for example like the human chest, that thing is gonna jot out at an angle of thirty-six degrees which is the exact angle at which the heart sits within the chest.

Dr. Tom: Exactly, and it’s the exact number of degrees of warmth of a normal human being.
Ben: Wow. And so this chestahedron, this is actually a shape that allows for a flow of blood through the heart. Basically like a vortex, a spinning flow of blood through the heart that allows the heart to pass through the atria and the ventricles of the heart with as little resistance as possible?
Dr. Tom: The point of the chestahedron is to create this vortex. So yes, it has this little resistance but what it needs to do is like the creative energy of the blood has been spent on its course through the body.

Dr. Tom: Yes. The first step was that the heart is not a pump, and the second step for me was questioning this theory that coronary artery disease i.e. plaque in coronary arteries that constricts the blood flow and doesn’t allow the blood to pass that downstream from that, you get a heart attack. It turns out that’s as equally flawed as the heart is not a pump or the heart is a pump.
Ben: Ok, why is that?

Dr. Tom: Well, there’s a few lines of reasoning. The first one was interestingly enough when heart attack started happening in this country in the thirties, forties and fifties with particularly with the change of diet and lifestyle. The cardiologist were introduced this plaque theory and they didn’t believe it. They said, first of all plaque happens everywhere in the body in all the blood vessels because if we’re saying that there’s something in the blood that causes plaque like cholesterol, or LDL, or inflammation, then it should happen everywhere because it’s in the blood. So coronary arteries, splenic arteries, artery to your liver, artery to your foot, everywhere. Yet, nobody has ever heard of anybody getting a spleen attack or a liver attack or a kidney attack. The only 2 organs that have attacks are the heart and the brain. No other organ has this kind of a schemic so called heart attack or we call it strokes with the brain. So that was the first thing.
So then, they had this argument and they did autopsy studies on people who died of heart attacks. And I actually have a few of them here with me, and one of them is by a study of a guy named DeWood in 1986, and there were others that are on my website. They say 34% of the people at autopsy who died of a heart attack had a blockage of the vessel. So that means 66% didn’t have a blockage of the vessel which is very interesting because since that’s the entire reason why we think people die of heart attacks. What possibly could have happened to those 66% of the people?
Ben: Yeah, very similar that actually there’s a lot of really interesting sham-based surgeries out there. I don’t know if you’ve seen the one on knees where they cut open people’s knees, and you know, some people got the little incision that looked like they’d actually had the surgery. Some people actually got an ACL surgery, and there was no difference in terms of symptom relief between the two. The people have thought they got the surgery had just as much knee pain symptom relief as the people who got the actual surgery.

Dr. Tom: Right. So anyways, whether that’s reproducible or not I don’t know, but the point is there’s a lot of questions of that theory. So getting to your point of what does cause heart attacks. The first thing to know is that… to see this… again, you can go on my website, I have a link to this other website heartattacknew.com where you can see that the heart is not 4 blood vessels. It’s an entire network of so called collateral vessels because the body is not so stupid to put all its eggs in these 4 baskets. So the whole blood flow of the heart again is like a water shed with the blood moving in there because of the whole water thing, and it’s a flow, not a river through these 4 vessels. So that’s the first thing.
The second thing is, and again this has been clearly worked out in a… and I don’t need to go into the whole history of this but here’s what happens. So first of all, we have an autonomic nervous system divided into a sympathetic and a parasympathetic chain. Sympathetic is fight or flight, parasympathetic is rest and digest. Well, over 90% of the people who have heart disease have decreased parasympathetic nervous system activity, and so when that happens chronically…

Ben: Just the thought of that as you were talking, but this idea is that the vagus nerve tone or a high vagus nerve tone is associated with increased parasympathetic nervous system activity, and we actually recently released a podcast inside of our what’s called our premium channel at Ben Greenfield Fitness where we went over thirty-two different ways to increase vagal nerve tone. It is everything from (chuckles) love and relationships, and gratitude, to deep tissue work on the jaw, head and neck like jaw realignment, to chanting, to singing, to even freaking gargling, all sorts… and cold water exposure is one, by the way. You just simply…
Dr. Tom: (laughs) Cold water, absolutely.
Ben: Cold shower, cold splashing on your face,, there’s all sorts of things that you can do to increase the tone of your parasympathetic nervous system that are easy, cheap or free and when you talk about this parasympathetic, sympathetic imbalance, and how that creates this cascade that can lead to an acceleration of the heartbeat, and a constriction of the heart once again, it’s so simple what we could be doing to reduce these risks.

I hope this will serve as an incentive to study the work of dr Cowan. I hope that it might help us.

my 2 cents

I read an article on the Dr Mercola wensite - A New Way of Looking at Heart Disease and Novel Treatment Options (18 December 2016)
... articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2016/12/18/heart-disease-treatment-options.aspx#!

Included is an interview with Dr Thomas Cowan.
Here is a quote from the article:
The Real Cause of Heart Attacks
If a blockage isn't the cause of the heart attack, then what is? Cowan makes a strong case for three basic causes of heart attacks, in the following order of importance or likelihood:

1. Decreased parasympathetic tone followed by sympathetic nervous system activation. You have two nervous systems, a central and an autonomic. Your autonomic nervous system has two arms: the sympathetic fight-or-flight, and the parasympathetic, which governs rest and digestion.

Decreased parasympathetic tone results from stress, diabetes, high blood pressure and other factors, including emotional and psychological ones. That's the first thing that happens. Then, while under the influence of a low parasympathetic tone, you experience some sort of emotional, psychological or physical stress that activates your sympathetic nervous system.

This shifts your cell metabolism from the mitochondria to the cytoplasm, meaning the cells in your heart shift from using fat for fuel, to generating fuel in a glycolytic way through the fermentation of sugar. Once that glycolytic shift occurs, you enter into glycolytic metabolism where you burn sugar for fuel and make lactic acid. As in other muscles, lactic acid in the heart muscle causes the telltale cramps and pain known as angina.

Since your heart cannot stop contracting to allow the blood flow to flush out the lactic acid, the lactic acid builds up, causing localized metabolic acidosis that necroses or destroys the cardiac tissue. Also, when the tissue becomes acidic, calcium cannot enter the tissue. As a result, the heart muscle cannot contract properly.

Next, pressure in the arteries embedded in the non-moving area of your heart builds, which then breaks off little pieces. These are the "clots" conventional cardiology believes are the cause of the heart attack.

But the clots are not due to plaque, they're the result of pressure in the non-moving area of your heart, which is the result of not getting calcium into the cells, which is the result of lactic acid forming from the altered metabolism in the heart. This chain of events, Cowan believes, is the real cause of most heart attacks.

2. Collateral circulation failure. Diabetes, smoking and high-stress all affect collateral circulation, not major blood vessels, and all of these are known to raise your risk of a heart attack.

3. Particularly badly placed plaque formation. This is not the norm, but could occur.

Indeed, one of the problems with using carbohydrates as a primary fuel — which a majority of people in the West are doing — is that it generates more reactive oxygen species (ROS) and secondary free radicals. Chronically, this will cause mitochondrial damage. I like to simplify it by saying that carbs are dirty fuels — dirty in the sense that they generate excessive amounts of free radicals that poison the mitochondria.

It's this dirty fuel — the net carbs — that creates fermentation metabolism and subsequent lactic acid production. The answer is not to take more antioxidants. The answer is to reduce the production of free radicals by reducing net carbs and increasing the amount of healthy dietary fats you eat.

This is a core tenet of a healthy diet, and if you understand Cowan's explanation above, and how carbs act as a dirty fuel, you'll have a good understanding of why a high-sugar diet causes heart disease and heart attacks.

Treatment Alternative for Heart Disease

To address the primary issue of decreased parasympathetic tone followed by sympathetic nervous system activation, an adrenal hormone called ouabain, or strophanthin, could be used. Strophanthus is the name of the plant, the active ingredient of which is called g-strophanthin in Europe, and ouabain in the United States.

G-strophanthin is an endogenous (meaning "made in us") hormone that goes into your blood, to your heart, where it converts the lactic acid into pyruvate, which is actually the preferred fuel for your heart. In this way, g-strophanthin breaks and eliminates the buildup of lactic acid that is causing all the trouble. Not only that, it converts it to a fully usable fuel, allowing your heart to function properly again.

G-strophanthin also helps create more neurotransmitters of the parasympathetic nervous system. So it performs two central functions: 1) It supports your parasympathetic nervous system, and 2), It flushes out lactic acid. Unfortunately, strophanthus can be hard to find. You cannot simply pick it up at your local health food store.

"Strophanthus was first identified by the famous African explorer, Livingston, who apparently saw the natives dip their arrows in it. They would make a really high dose and it would stun their prey … He dipped his toothbrush in a strophanthus extract and noticed the change in his heart rate. It slowed down. Basically, from there, it became a heart medicine.

It's in the same family as digitalis, but digitalis doesn't convert lactic acid into pyruvate. Digitalis does not support the parasympathetic system. It's really different because digitalis is fat soluble, while ouabain, g-[strophanthin] is water soluble. There are a lot of differences."

How to Find Strophanthus

For over 20 years, strophanthus was the main treatment for angina and heart attack prevention in Germany. Millions of doses were given and hundreds of studies were done. One 1972 study involved 150 patients with angina. After taking strophanthus for one week, 144 were symptom free. After two weeks, 146 were without symptoms. It clearly has a long history of successful clinical use.

"In fact, in the '50s and '60s, there was a test called a strophanthin challenge test … All physicians know, sometimes a person comes in with chest pain. We don't know if it's because they're breathing too hard or if it's muscle pain or something.

You want to figure out whether that's from their heart. They [would] give them g-strophanthin. If the pain went away, it was considered from their heart. That was the g-strophanthin challenge test, because simply, it flushes the lactic acid. No lactic acid, no pain. But it's not just for pain relief. It actually breaks the cycle that leads to heart attacks," Cowan says.

"Now, there are very few places to get it. There's one compounding pharmacy in Germany, which you can import [from]. There's a company in Brazil that makes an extract of the strophanthus seeds. That's what I've been using mostly for about 10, 15 years. I've had it tested so I know how much ouabain per milliliter is in there.

It's been one of the best medicines I've ever used. People [who] can't walk to the mailbox, they take it for a couple of weeks, they can walk to the mailbox, go skiing, etc. It relieves their chest pain and it does the exact things that you would hope a medicine would do."

To make strophanthus more available, Cowan suggests finding a practitioner who is willing to give it to you and supervise your medical condition. Then contact Cowan's office via HumanHeartCosmicHeart.com. Cowan will talk to the practitioner and explain how strophanthus works and how it should be taken. The practitioner can then obtain it through the website and give it to you.

Enhanced External Counterpulsation — Another Alternative Treatment for Heart Disease

Enhanced External Counterpulsation (EECP) is an alternative for bypass, provided you're not dealing with a proximal left anterior descending (LAD) obstruction. EECP will increase collateral circulation, which is another common factor responsible for heart attacks.

"EECP.com will tell you if or where there is a site that does this in your area. It's a Medicare insurance-approved therapy, believe it or not. There are studies that show just EECP alone will relieve about 80 percent of angina. It definitely has some conventional literature behind its effectiveness. It's very simple and straightforward," Cowan says.

As explained earlier, the reason you don't experience a heart attack due to blockage is because you're protected by collateral circulation. However, if you have diabetes or chronic inflammation, that will eventually deteriorate your small blood vessels (capillaries), reducing this built-in protection.

EECP works by inflating compression cuffs on your thighs and calves that are synchronized with your EKG. When your heart is in diastole (relaxed), the balloons inflate, squeezing the blood. This is a very powerful and safe alternative to coronary bypass surgery for most. Rather than bypassing one or two large arteries you create thousands of new capillary beds that supply even more blood than bypassed vessels.

The sessions are about one hour long, and one requires about 35 sessions to receive benefit. It has insurance approval for angina, and even if you had to pay the $5,000 dollars out of pocket, it is certainly far safer than having your chest cracked open.

It is also very effective for many other conditions like heart failure and diastolic dysfunction (which is an emerging cardiac epidemic). Many professional and elite athletes use it as an aid to maintain cardiac fitness when they are injured and unable to actively exercise.
EECP Triggers Growth of New Blood Vessels

By doing that for an hour, five days a week for seven weeks (a total of 35 treatments), your body will form new blood vessels, thereby improving your collateral circulation. It's as simple as that. Your body will literally sprout new blood vessels in response to the increased pressure. In addition to eliminating angina, the new flow may also increase your physical endurance and sexual function by 20 and 40 percent. The effects typically last five to eight years.

"Some people call this 'passive exercise,' because [that's] the only other thing I know of that actually really encourages the sprouting of new blood vessels. [H]igh-intensity strength training … encourages new blood vessel formation. If you're going to make muscle, you have to make more small blood vessels to nourish the flow.

That's what happens. Anytime you're doing high-intensity strength training or running up hills or whatever it is you're doing, that also does it. It makes more collateral circulation," Cowan explains.

"The problem is a lot of people who come with heart disease, you can't tell them to do high-intensity training or hardly any exercise. The only thing they can do is just lay on the bed and do this passive exercise. Then they have much more capacity. Then they can get into more of a strength training or some sort of exercise program, and have a much greater capacity."

It all made a lot of sense to me, especially his description of the heart acting like an hydraulic ram. And, emotional stress as a precursor for an heart attack. Requoting from above:
Decreased parasympathetic tone results from stress, diabetes, high blood pressure and other factors, including emotional and psychological ones. That's the first thing that happens. Then, while under the influence of a low parasympathetic tone, you experience some sort of emotional, psychological or physical stress that activates your sympathetic nervous system.

As for finding Strophanthus in Europe, the only source seems to be in the form of tea leaves.

Thanks for the very interesting info. I read that mercola.com article too a little while ago that Prodigal Son quotes. Just checked on iherb for Strophanthus and found a homeopathic preparation with it as part of the ingredients: Similasan, Anxiety Relief, 0.529 oz (15 g) Item Price: $9.63. I ordered it for my mom to try. There was one other product on iherb with the plant listed in the ingredients, that I'll look into later.

By the way, is it supposed to say spotlight in the title of the thread instead of "sporlight"?

SeekinTruth said:
By the way, is it supposed to say spotlight in the title of the thread instead of "sporlight"?

Yes, I meant spotlight.

By the way, after reading these sources I just had a client whose case pretty much confirms many of dr Cowan's theories. I like to go around and around each case by looking from various angles to be able to get the correct picture. To my cautious amazement, from the immensity of information available, I happened to find, lately, those which are more helpful to solve the case in question.

I'm for applied knowledge not just amassing knowledge, so I keep an open minded and practical approach which helps me not the get stuck in theories or practices that are just fashionable or promoted as a group interest. This is freedom - and responsibility.

And I couldn't have these without the help of this forum, as it is really hard to get all this information just by oneself.
So, I thank everybody for everything.

SeekinTruth said:
Thanks for the very interesting info. I read that mercola.com article too a little while ago that Prodigal Son quotes. Just checked on iherb for Strophanthus and found a homeopathic preparation with it as part of the ingredients: Similasan, Anxiety Relief, 0.529 oz (15 g) Item Price: $9.63. I ordered it for my mom to try. There was one other product on iherb with the plant listed in the ingredients, that I'll look into later.

I'll fix it. I fix a lot of them. It's tedious. Peeps really need to take care when typing subject field because the title of a thread is the first thing people see and also gets picked up by google. Such things can create impressions of the individual starting the thread... and I think we all want to give a good impression if we want someone to give attention to our ideas.

I always type my posts with active spellchecker on (Firefox browser) and I've noticed time and again that a topic header is NOT covered by it; so, eventual typos go unnoticed unless you yourself actively spot them and change them manually before posting. Maybe this could be changed in the forum software as to enable spell checking for these headers ? Just a thought...

Palinurus said:
I always type my posts with active spellchecker on (Firefox browser) and I've noticed time and again that a topic header is NOT covered by it; so, eventual typos go unnoticed unless you yourself actively spot them and change them manually before posting. Maybe this could be changed in the forum software as to enable spell checking for these headers ? Just a thought...

Laura,
I wish you a Happy Birthday and good health with much joy!

I appologize for the inconvenience created. I always spellcheck my posts, and now , after Palinurus notice, i realized that maybe that happened in this case, so it was not intentional, nor disrespect.

It is good to know to be more attentive, so thanks Palinurus!

Thank you very much for the Dr Thomas Cowan articles. I have a friend - he turns 78 in a few days - who, last week, had his second heart attack, small ones and a few years apart, but still. I will share these articles with him.

I thought some people might be interested in this - Dr. Thomas Cowan is going to be one of the presenters in a free webinar called "The Heart Revolution" starting February 25th.

From his blog:
Beginning Feb. 25, an exciting and free webinar titled The Heart Revolution will share information about the heart that is not usually widely available. The organizers have assembled the leading figures in the world of heart disease and heart-disease therapy, in particular, the leading authorities on strophanthus/ouabain. I am honored to be one of the presenters. If you are at all interested in learning about your heart or the heart of a loved one, please join us.

There's a link to sign up at the above page.

Thank you Dugdeep,

I joined the event, I'm hoping to learn some more interesting and useful things. :)

I have been reading fascinating book called Human Hear - Cosmic Heart. There are too many interesting concepts in it to share here but in a nutshell the author of the book Thomas Cowan, MD posits that heart is not actually the pump as we like to believe and presents compelling evidence that ‘charged water’ drives peripheral circulation and the heart’s job is to actually slow this down.

He speaks about it and explains in this video.

I was 1:35 in and then some very annoying background sound effect has happened. "Music" before it wasn't much better either...
I would like to ask those of you that already did watch this video.
Do those sound effects (as in 1:35) occur only once, or multiple times through whole video?
I know i could use subtitles, but subtitle feature do not separate sentences which is not great for over 1 hour long videos.

Yeah, when I first heard of it, I though it's an interesting idea. There's a thread about the book here:

However, Cowan was among the vocal proponents of the 'no-virus' theory during the plandemic. If you read through the thread linked below, according to some, Cowan and the alternative medicine group the 'New German School' are considered cranks.

He was wrong about the virus, and may be right about the heart-pump. Or he's just plain wrong about both. Anyways, careful reading/viewing of his material is probably best.

What’s the Best Predictor of Heart Disease?​

Story at a glance:
  • High total cholesterol and/or elevated low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol do not cause atherosclerosis
  • Low levels of high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol are associated with both atherosclerosis and insulin resistance, and insulin resistance appears to be the foundational cause of heart disease. As such, the fasting insulin test is one of the best predictors of atherosclerosis
  • Insulin resistance is primarily driven by excessive consumption of the omega-6 fat linoleic acid (LA). High LA intake is also associated with elevated levels of oxidized LDL — found in atherosclerosis plaque — further confirming this link
  • One theory is that oxidized LDL protects your body from oxidative damage by sacrificing itself. If true, it may be beneficial to have higher, rather than lower, LDL levels
  • The apoB test can also be helpful in assessing your atherosclerosis risk. As mentioned above, apoB is the primary carrier for LDL, and research over the past decade shows it’s an accurate predictor of cardiovascular risk when apoB is high and LDL is normal

Attachments

• predictors-atherosclerosis-pdf.pdf
    180.4 KB · Views: 0
Back
Top Bottom