Dog in a dream

agni

Dagobah Resident
For several days in a row, I am seeing my dog in a dream who died 3 years ago.

In the first one, I was walking down the street and as I pass by construction site, I see a man choking a baby. I was going to stop him, and my dog appears out of nowhere and grabs this guy with teeth. My dog did not let him go, until I have opened his mouth.
Next thing I remember I was reading the man a lecture, something about the ego. Somehow he also stole my cell phone, and was trying to send text messages to the people I know, he typed message half way, and I took my cell phone back.

In the second dream I come back to my apartment, and I was with my dog. He never lived with me there. As we approaching the door, I see it open. So I have realized that someone was in it. I ask my dog to be on the. As we walk through apartment, everything seems to be fine and we had good sense of safety. Then my dog comfortably fell asleep, in a closet. Right before I woke up, I hear and see words “Flower, orion, 7� .

And whole bunch of different dreams involving my dog, where he is just running & wondering around.

Any ideas why I might be seeing him in dreams lately ? And what is the meaning of these dreams if any ?

In the first one, I was walking down the street and as I pass by construction site, I see a man choking a baby.
I think a good assumption to make about people in dreams is that they're "put there" to represent aspects of ourselves. So ponder - while considering the context and your feelings - what do the man and baby symbolise. Perhaps start from square one by writing out associations of these specific "objects" and then expand more abstractly, thinking of the situation. See what impressions you get when you think about why he might be strangling the baby, etc. Looking over it all, I'd think along the lines of "the Work".

I was going to stop him, and my dog appears out of nowhere and grabs this guy with teeth.
Again consider dream images representing a part of ourselves. When you still had your dog - as well as being a seperate being - he was something for you; certain feelings in particular. There's a generally agreed symbology to the dog as well: friendship, loyalty, intuition, guardian, protector. It quite possibly stands for the animal nature of man, notice "I" was going to stop him but the dog "appeared out of nowhere" and did it instead. Perhaps in some way, your inner situation at the moment - or a certain event - is such that you feel out of control, and that your mechanical nature is the driving force. Consider certain parts of yourself and how they may have similar qualities to what a dog represents for you.

My dog did not let him go, until I have opened his mouth. Next thing I remember I was reading the man a lecture, something about the ego.
A man strangling a baby, and a dog dominating and biting somebody are pretty negative images. They may be synonymous. You were probably lecturing yourself.

Somehow he also stole my cell phone, and was trying to send text messages to the people I know, he typed message half way, and I took my cell phone back.
Your mechanical nature usurping a more conscious part? Communicating in a way that the latter doesn't approve of much?

In the second dream I come back to my apartment, and I was with my dog. He never lived with me there.
Even more reason to think that the dog stands for a part of yourself; in "my apartment".

As we approaching the door, I see it open. So I have realized that someone was in it.
Again, the image of somebody "intruding" or "usurping" your territory or "I" position.

I ask my dog to be on the. As we walk through apartment, everything seems to be fine and we had good sense of safety.
Maybe the fact nobody else was there, means it was "you" in the first place.

Then my dog comfortably fell asleep, in a closet. Right before I woke up, I hear and see words "Flower, orion, 7".
The dog fell asleep in a closet where things are "stored for future usage", when you felt fine and safe, compared to the image of the dog being alert and reactive in negative situations. Sounds very like man's inner state in general. Don't know about the words... a "flowering" conscious part that is beginning to see your lack of being? "Orion" could refer to the hero archetype, or could be an association with STS, and the number 7? Law of Seven? All sorts there.

Just some thoughts to ponder on.

Thank you Craig. It does make quite a bit of sense to me now.

I was in “unexplained emotional stress" before I saw the first dream, to the point I have started to wonder if I have an attachment. But later I have realized it’s just me and all these things were caused by calls of my ego. If to look at people in the dream as part of ourselves, then I guess it comes to some part of myself(ego calls) choking my baby consciousness ? So, reading myself a lecture about it also makes quite a sense.

You are really on a spot about my mechanical nature usurping a more conscious part. It is what has happened in reality that caused emotional stress.

Back
Top Bottom