Documentary: Bloodline; Is this a Hoax or does it have some merit?

I recently watched a documentary called Bloodline from Cinema Libre studio (_http://store.cinemalibrestore.com/bloodline.html) and was interested by some of the compelling information it presented. I know this forum must have had various discussions on idea of the Holy Grail the royal blood line from Jesus’s descendants. I have read many posts on this forum regarding this very thing; however, I cannot find anything about this particular documentary. From the website given above, the films summary is quoted below:

BLOODLINE investigates the popular belief that Jesus married Mary Magdalene, who fled to southern France with their child. In an adventure worthy of Indiana Jones, filmmaker Bruce Burgess and team crack the shadowy secret society, known as the Priory of Sion. Their investigation follows clues linking the Knights Templar and the legend of Mary Magdalene with messages imbedded in the decor of the famed church at Rennes-le-Chateau in France, leading ultimately to stunning discoveries: a buried chest with artifacts dating to 1st century Jerusalem and a hidden tomb filled with treasure and a mummified corpse draped in a shroud bearing a distinctive red cross.

This documentary was released in 2008, just a few years after Laura's “Secret History of the World”, a book which is very detailed on this matter.

Since I do like documentaries, this one seemed interesting enough to watch.
What information claims to have found in this film, would be very enlightening to say the least. I tried to find any followup information on this, but it is very difficult to find anything other than reviews, which most were done just after its release. Some of these review were very positive and some stated it was a hoax.

Digging more and more into this film, I always have come to a dead end. The question still lingers, what become of the purported find which supposedly includes artifacts dating back to 1st century A.D
I concluded that this could be one of those “mocumentaries” or could it be that it was really on the right track and latter suppressed? So I am networking to gain more insight from forum members.

Has anyone seen it or heard anything of this documentary?
I appreciate any information to help me with this research.

Thank you obyvatal for your reply. I check through the links, some which I stumbled on a while ago. I find this subject very interesting. As to the relation to the original query, the documentary, Bloodline, may be misinformation. I realized in the the film, they find a location which they were able to get a remote camera through a small hole in a secret location. What images it reveled was a tomb with a mummy covered with what appears a red cross marked burial cloth.
Even after reviewing your information, I did not see anything which mentioned this film. I was wondering the find that was claimed in France, would have been a great 14th century find! Even in the film it showed chests that appeared filled with gold items. Since this was filmed in 2008, I wonder why no further investigation was done.
I think if true, could a been a tomb of a 14th century leader (since it was also claimed that the mummy was female) would mean something in the archeology world. The idea it was Jesus' wife may just be part of the misdirection. And since nothing was done to explore further, would indicate to me a hoax. However; could it be this information was purposely covered up to add to the confusion?
If any of the forum has seen this documentary, I would like to chat to get an idea of what others thought of it.
Again, thanks for the time finding those links. It does shed more light on this subject.

Back
Top Bottom