DIA baggage claim gargoyle

Greetings!

Have a look over here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Scream to see that the artist who made this gargoyle, had a sort of winky reference to that famous painting in mind (osit).

All sorts of interesting info are available there about the making of this painting and its probable relation with the famous 1883 Krakatau volcano eruption - which renders it all the more relevant in our days and age.

whovian said:
It was a very large (approx. 1 square city block) square structure that stood about 1.5-2 feet high.
I am going to ask her to drive me out to the 'mysterious building' place (if we can find it again) and take pictures.

Would be interested to see if if showed up on Google Earth...

On second thought/view - it certainly has a distinct Jack-out-of-the-box quality about it, don't you agree...?

Had a moment and thought I'd try to look for the building whovian mentioned, so I pulled up a map shot of the airport. Good grief! From the air the runways / taxiways are arranged like a swastika! Fits right in with all the creepy things I've read about this place, from the blue mustang and murals to the plaques and almost everything else.

Back
Top Bottom