Developing a precognitive ability and how to stop anticipating precognitions

For some time, since May 2005, at least, I've been experiencing precognitive dreams and intense feelings of deja-vu whenever the events foretold in the dream come to pass.

Ever since I began practicing Reiki, the precognitions have actually started to occur while in states of daydreaming, while thinking about possible future events.

The precognitions/deja-vu have been getting so strong/constant that sometimes it feels as though I'm Bill Murray in the movie Groundhog Day, and I'm reliving this life for perhaps the second or even third time.

Also, it seems as though sometimes I am anticipating as to possible futures that I've seen, effectively collapsing certain quantum futures.

I've been told that such a precognitive ability can actually be developed by practicing meditation as well as lying awake and allowing my mind to wander after a self-treatment of Reiki.

If it is the case that my anticipation of future events cancels them out, then how do I learn to stop anticipating?

What kind of events do you dream of that end up coming to pass? Are they about major decisions you might have to make or events that end up having a big impact on you, or are they just mundane and don't have any particular strong purpose to the precognition?

Anticipating possible futures is not really the same as the above. A lot of people waste time on daydreaming, either on positive or negative events that happen to oneself. I don't think it cancels anything out, just that it's not very useful to doing the Work.

I don't know anything about how to develop precognitive ability, but I'm getting a bit better at seeing patterns in play. I would think any precognition would probably be a short term deal in terms of the 'time' frame being pre-viewed because the natural flow of events can be influenced so many ways...especially with 4D influences and reality merging going on. If there is no 'time', then energy flows are not entirely linear and should be traceable and coherent up and down, backwards and forwards in what is being perceived, to reveal a coherent, understandable structure. Basic systems theory. And then there's 'seeding' the future that has to be accounted for, osit.

Losing anticipation is like what Van Gogh did. You just look to see what's there without asking what something is. Anyone can do it with practice. When I learned it, I started noticing when my attention withdrew to consult my inner 'pictures', but this is not to imply that I still don't fail occasionally.

If you think about it, actually the above two paragraphs seem to be equivilent expressions of the same thing, more or less.

Just my 2 cents.

Heimdallr said:
What kind of events do you dream of that end up coming to pass? Are they about major decisions you might have to make or events that end up having a big impact on you, or are they just mundane and don't have any particular strong purpose to the precognition?

Anticipating possible futures is not really the same as the above. A lot of people waste time on daydreaming, either on positive or negative events that happen to oneself. I don't think it cancels anything out, just that it's not very useful to doing the Work.

Basically, in certain cases, I'm able to see or have a mental image of a very detailed result of certain actions or choices that I'm considering, and they generally do end up having a big impact on me. In a lot of cases, the emotion of the moment is connected to the precognition, such as fear or anxiety. In one case, I managed to find a location that I had never been to before, but that I had a mental image of, because I was "there" in the precognition. In other cases, the precognitions tell me that the result will be bad if I make a certain choice, so I avoid doing whatever caused the negative result.

Most often though, something happens that I have a deja vu experience, that I didn't necessarily have a clear precognition of, but after it happens, it's like I remember such a thing having happened to me.

well trying to develop precognitive ability might not be the most helpful thing to do, and might even open your psyche up to be messed with. If precognition develops, it should be a byproduct of work on the self, not because it's the goal. Doing some practical work on understanding your life situation in terms of self-observation, recapitulation, understanding family dynamics and so on might help alleviate some of the strange occurrences you've been experiencing.

Walking Phoenix said:
Los said:
well trying to develop precognitive ability might not be the most helpful thing to do, and might even open your psyche up to be messed with. If precognition develops, it should be a byproduct of work on the self, not because it's the goal. Doing some practical work on understanding your life situation in terms of self-observation, recapitulation, understanding family dynamics and so on might help alleviate some of the strange occurrences you've been experiencing.

Point duly taken. However, I wonder if my psyche isn't already being messed with due to the fact that I have potential for precognition, like psychic cointelpro.

The above post was by me, I forgot I was logged in under a different account. :-[

Jakesully said:
Walking Phoenix said:
Point duly taken. However, I wonder if my psyche isn't already being messed with due to the fact that I have potential for precognition, like psychic cointelpro.

The above post was by me, I forgot I was logged in under a different account. :-[

Ahh, well, since having two different accounts is against forum rules, I will delete the 'walking phoenix' account and that post.

Regarding your input thus far, I too have precognitive dreams and have for most of my life. I consider it to be no big deal and really not worth much more consideration than simply noting that it happens, when it does. The real fascination for me is in developing my mind and perception to See the unseen, which has to do with cleaning my machine and getting my brain/body to work as it was designed. If I were to wander off, fascinated with my precognition, then I'd likely have been lost years ago, because the truth of the matter is that it can be a devious distraction.

The idea that we're 'special' or 'different' or have 'powers' with precognition is - from my perspective - a trap, a distraction and something that, if given enough energy, could be used against someone who is striving to 'get out of here alive'.

In my estimation and experience, precognition is not that extraordinary - considering that time does not exist - it's really quite a logical phenomenon - and not worth getting side tracked by - but that's just my take on it - fwiw.

By the way, if you've not yet read the 'Avatar' thread, it's interesting and might give you pause about recommending the 3D experience so enthusiastically - perhaps. ;)

anart said:
Jakesully said:
Walking Phoenix said:

Ahh, well, since having two different accounts is against forum rules, I will delete the 'walking phoenix' account and that post.

Regarding your input thus far, I too have precognitive dreams and have for most of my life. I consider it to be no big deal and really not worth much more consideration than simply noting that it happens, when it does. The real fascination for me is in developing my mind and perception to See the unseen, which has to do with cleaning my machine and getting my brain/body to work as it was designed. If I were to wander off, fascinated with my precognition, then I'd likely have been lost years ago, because the truth of the matter is that it can be a devious distraction.

The idea that we're 'special' or 'different' or have 'powers' with precognition is - from my perspective - a trap, a distraction and something that, if given enough energy, could be used against someone who is striving to 'get out of here alive'.

In my estimation and experience, precognition is not that extraordinary - considering that time does not exist - it's really quite a logical phenomenon - and not worth getting side tracked by - but that's just my take on it - fwiw.

By the way, if you've not yet read the 'Avatar' thread, it's interesting and might give you pause about recommending the 3D experience so enthusiastically - perhaps. ;)

Thank you anart. This is what I needed to read.

I attempted to begin the Work a while ago, and made some progress, but fell back asleep and have been asleep for some time now.

I think, also, that the thread on Deja Vu is very informative and a good explanation of some of the things that I've been experiencing.

anart said:

I agree with your take as well.

Its better to think with a hammer:

In QFS usage, the term thinking with a hammer means approaching the object of thought from all angles. The hammer also implies hammering against one's beliefs and prejudices, creating internal friction by being critical of the thought process itself. Thinking with a hammer is in a sense the opposite of habitual thinking. Thinking with a hammer means forging new paths and connections as opposed to forcing things to fit within the grooves of existing categories. It is expanding one's mind to be at the measure of the questions instead of shrinking the questions to fit the mind's habits. Thinking with a hammer cannot take place in a state of sleep. It needs an application of will and going against one's internal resistance.

Yeah. My problem all my life has been that I am just drenched with precognition but for years, it did me no good at all and often it was just a sign that I was being manipulated. Being able to SEE - and I mean really SEE - the forces acting around you at any given moment is a lot more valuable and that only comes with a robust feedback.

Jakesully said:
I've been told that such a precognitive ability can actually be developed by practicing meditation as well as lying awake and allowing my mind to wander after a self-treatment of Reiki.

If it is the case that my anticipation of future events cancels them out, then how do I learn to stop anticipating?

The false ego (that is, the false personality - the images we have of ourselves), will fight to the death to keep itself alive and, as a play for it’s own survival, any real or imagined psychic experiences that we may have can, imo, be manipulated by our false ego to make us believe things so that we will abandon the critical faculties of our mind.

I think one example of this is when you asked the question:
"If it is the case that my anticipation of future events cancels them out, then how do I learn to stop anticipating"?

It seems to me that it is in this question where you are assuming that your “anticipation of future events” will “cancel them out.” Your making a direct connection between the two as if it were a real fact even though it’s phrased as a question. The end result is drawing false conclusions about your “experiences” and limiting the limitless as it were. What might follow from that are making “psychic predictions” which is the kind of stuff that the false ego loves so much. Then you get trapped in that level of reality, the false ego is now safe, and you go no further in the process of discovery (towards objective reality).

how do I learn to stop anticipating

I think a good way to learn how to stop anticipating is
through meditation and clearing the mind. Try your
best not to anticipate any special ability or anything
unusaul to happen. That will come when you focus
more on developing yourself and the reality you live
in.

Regarding your input thus far, I too have precognitive dreams and have for most of my life. I consider it to be no big deal and really not worth much more consideration than simply noting that it happens, when it does.

I agree myself and many others I know have the exact same
experience. And I would not consider it anything special or unusual
about it.

If I were to wander off, fascinated with my precognition, then I'd likely have been lost years ago, because the truth of the matter is that it can be a devious distraction.

I totally agree because I had my own share of distractions like
this. And I would get excited and think it was something special.
And not realizing it could mean trouble or nothing at all.

kenlee said:
Jakesully said:

The false ego (that is, the false personality - the images we have of ourselves), will fight to the death to keep itself alive and, as a play for it’s own survival, any real or imagined psychic experiences that we may have can, imo, be manipulated by our false ego to make us believe things so that we will abandon the critical faculties of our mind.

I think one example of this is when you asked the question:
"If it is the case that my anticipation of future events cancels them out, then how do I learn to stop anticipating"?

It seems to me that it is in this question where you are assuming that your “anticipation of future events” will “cancel them out.” Your making a direct connection between the two as if it were a real fact even though it’s phrased as a question. The end result is drawing false conclusions about your “experiences” and limiting the limitless as it were. What might follow from that are making “psychic predictions” which is the kind of stuff that the false ego loves so much. Then you get trapped in that level of reality, the false ego is now safe, and you go no further in the process of discovery (towards objective reality).

Hi kenlee,

I understand that this is the case. My false ego *wants* to think that I have a special ability so it assumes that there's a connection between anticipating future events and canceling them out. I should have been able to work these things out myself, but right now I'm weak and can hardly *do* anything as Gurdjieff uses the term.

So the best course of action is to place myself under the influence of those who can *do* to a much greater extent, e.g., participating in this forum more.

Laura said:
Yeah. My problem all my life has been that I am just drenched with precognition but for years, it did me no good at all and often it was just a sign that I was being manipulated. Being able to SEE - and I mean really SEE - the forces acting around you at any given moment is a lot more valuable and that only comes with a robust feedback.

Hi Laura, thanks for your response.

By robust feedback, do you mean the type of feedback that you get from Work and self observation with a group, or from using a feedback mechanism such as a Ouidja Board, from research and experimentation, or a combination of the three?

Jakesully said:
...I should have been able to work these things out myself, but right now I'm weak and can hardly *do* anything as Gurdjieff uses the term.

So the best course of action is to place myself under the influence of those who can *do* to a much greater extent, e.g., participating in this forum more.

One of the important moments in the Work is when we realise that we are unable to work this out by ourselves. That is why we need the network. So don't kick yourself because you couldn't do it on your own. That is the purpose behind the forum, to help each other see things that we can't see for ourselves... and especially when we think we can! :)

Hi Laura, thanks for your response.

By robust feedback, do you mean the type of feedback that you get from Work and self observation with a group, or from using a feedback mechanism such as a Ouidja Board, from research and experimentation, or a combination of the three?

Laura means the first, getting feedback from the network.

Thank-you for the great thread guys. Again........ I'm not alone, am I. This forum is an oasis for me.
anart said:
Jakesully said:
Walking Phoenix said:

Back
Top Bottom