Detachment

Andrian

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Detachment by Tony Kaye,
starring Adrien Brody,Christina Hendricks and others,
is a drama movie about the emptiness,indifference,ignorance,extremely increasing lack of emotional attachment between people in our society especially in this case in the educational system where kids,students are becoming more empty and empty,indifferent like i'm sorry to say like robots and nothing more and the cause of all of this we know from where is coming,from our indifference ,ignorance and from letting monsters(psychopaths) without feelings to poison our society and model it to their nothingness.
Its worth watching,actors are doing a great job and this is only my opinion it st not a hollywood empty style movie,"it touches" the soul. :halo:

I have just watched this yesterday. Cast was great, as well as the subject.

I like the movie because it was VERY realistic, as to how people inflict pain onto each other to get even with life circumstances. Also it was a system criticism, talking about privatising the educational system, ie No Child Left Behind. It gives an inside look on the lives of teachers and their relationship with their students.

Since it was realistic, the movie is very depressing. It hits you with truth and makes you feel trapped in the system, no way to get out. An accurate portrayal of the mad house that we call society.

A wonderful movie. Just finished watching it last night.

Slightly graphic in terms of exposing the sexual and mental abuse of people. But this movie delivered a great message.

The main character resonates heavily with myself. He tries to detach himself from his feelings, but his empathy for mankind continues to leak through his eyes as he is always in pain, crying for everything he sees and experienced.

It’s wonderful, because the protagonist sees that people just want to be loved, cared for and heard. So much rejection because of cultural conditioning destroys countless people and in this case it is the students and staff of this particular school. And Meredith’s suicide finally breaks him and gets him to come back to Erica. He realizes he can try his best to be there for someone, guide them and love them so that they don’t destroy themselves like Meredith did.

Back
Top Bottom