Creative writing

Tarri

Jedi Master
I was reading the post from ScioAgapeOmnis index WHATS ON YOUR MIND and the topic: Tired of your job? Ways to make money. It helped me decide how I could write the book I have been wanting to write for some time. As I began researching how I could accomplish this I came across this site with this writing software. The reason I am posting this is that the software seems to me to be quite unique in that it can assist anyone in writing a book, article etc. who has no experience doing so. I thought that I would share this with others on the forum for perhaps they may find it helpful if they were interested in writing and were like myself, in that with no experience, the goal would seem huge. I have just ordered the trial version and will be purchasing the complete version tomorrow. If anyone is interested I can post how I find using it.

I just thought I would share what I had found.
Tarri

Write it now: Novel writing software

http://www.ravensheadservices.com/index.php

Write a review. I'm curious. Incidentally, I just saw a demo of speech recognition software. I could see how speech recognition software could be helpful to some writers.

Ok, here is my review and some notes on my progress.

The software is wonderful. One of the main features I like is the Charactar Tab. You use it to create charactars but you can also decide name, age, date of birth and death, gender. You can show on a chart what relation that charactar has with others in the story, mother, brother, friend, enemy etc. When they met, how they met. The major events in their relationship. Its all there for you to go back to if you need to.

You also have other tabs. The Overview is what the main synopsis of the story is. The Chapter Tab alows you to write one chapter at a time. If you come up with an idea for later in the story you can write that chapter "now" and later move it through the different chapters to where it should be and edit it. Thats a big plus. It has a chart button, that shows you the events in the story as they come about and where each charactar and event are in relation to each other.

I find that instead of trying to write a story from a blank piece of paper, this allows you to outline it, write it either in order of the events, or work on the first part and go to the middle if something comes up that you want to add into the story. It keeps what seems like a huge project in small increments, so that it is not so overwhelming.

And I find this interesting. My story line that I started out with has completely changed. It is not going to be a story on fiction. But on fact. It's scary, but its fun to.

Tarri

thanks for the software recommendation. I know someone who might find that useful.
and good luck with the creativity :)

Tarri said:
I was reading the post from ScioAgapeOmnis index WHATS ON YOUR MIND and the topic: Tired of your job? Ways to make money. It helped me decide how I could write the book I have been wanting to write for some time. As I began researching how I could accomplish this I came across this site with this writing software. The reason I am posting this is that the software seems to me to be quite unique in that it can assist anyone in writing a book, article etc. who has no experience doing so. I thought that I would share this with others on the forum for perhaps they may find it helpful if they were interested in writing and were like myself, in that with no experience, the goal would seem huge. I have just ordered the trial version and will be purchasing the complete version tomorrow. If anyone is interested I can post how I find using it.

I just thought I would share what I had found.
Tarri

Write it now: Novel writing software

http://www.ravensheadservices.com/index.php
awesome coincidence, I was also thinking about writing a book myself but gave up on the idea because I have no experience in it.

thanks a lot , nice timing!

Back
Top Bottom