Copy/paste with mouse not working for Forum posts.

bedower

Jedi Master
Hi guys,

My computer has recently been through some serious problems which necessitated using Windows Install Repair from the CD.

Now I find I cannot use the copy/paste option (Yahoo!) with the mouse right click in Forum reply. When I try it, nothing happens, so I end up having to type out the quote I want. This copy/paste right click worked fine before the Repair Install.

I've done a search on both Yahoo! Help (useless!) and the web, but got nothing that even approximates the problem. Can you help?

Is there an Option tick box that will sort this out that I need to press? I've looked in Internet Options under Advanced where all these check boxes are, but I don't know what half of them mean! :huh:

Thanks in anticipation ;)

bedower said:
Hi guys,

My computer has recently been through some serious problems which necessitated using Windows Install Repair from the CD.

Now I find I cannot use the copy/paste option (Yahoo!) with the mouse right click in Forum reply. When I try it, nothing happens, so I end up having to type out the quote I want. This copy/paste right click worked find before the Repair Install.

I've done a search on both Yahoo! Help (useless!) and the web, but got nothing that even approximates the problem. Can you help?

Is there an Option tick box that will sort this out that I need to press? I've looked in Internet Options under Advanced where all these check boxes are, but I don't know what half of them mean! :huh:

Thanks in anticipation ;)

Maybe you could try for:

Copy = Ctrl C (You select your text first (hi-lighted) and then you do a Ctrl C.
paste = Ctrl V (You paste it wherever you want)

Thanks for that, bohort - I'll give it a try. :)

But I'd still like to know why copy/paste will no longer work from my mouse. :(

Sounds like that may have been a feature of your mouse. Have you tried reloading the device driver for your mouse?

Thanks for your answer, Nicholas. I've just been into the control Panel and the mouse driver section. 'This device is working properly' apparently. The troubleshooter also suggested uninstalling and reinstalling the mouse driver. I'll give it a go and let you know if it worked. :)

[quote author=Nicholas today] Have you tried reloading the device driver for your mouse? [/quote]

Well, I thought I'd give it one more go, and would you believe it worked! It looks different from before, though. I did change a couple of the mouse settings while I was in there - I wonder if that's what it was?

I'll check it again on another post. Maybe this was just a one-off! ;)

Thanks, Nicholas. :D

In fact, you probably helped more than you thought, because I tried to update the driver using the Hardware Update Wizard, and although it finished with the message (paraphrased) ; 'There is no better driver than the one you already have currently installed', I think this might have helped by 'jolting' the mouse, as it were.

Thanks again.

:flowers:

Back
Top Bottom