Coincidence???

RGG

Jedi Master
I have just had the most amazing coincidence. On friday, I left my condo for a short walk down the street and half a block away from my home I pass A man with a kid that I barely notice. He notices me and turns around to say "excuse me, EXCUSE ME" as i continue to walk past him. When I turn around, he ask me if i'm from a small city in central Canada WHICH I AM! He then explains who he is and it turns out that we were in training together in the Navy. I have not lived in that small city or seen him since 1994 and what is even stranger is that he doesn't live in Singapore, he lives in Tokyo!?? So he just happened to run into me, in a city of 4 million, half a block away from my home and in fact was taking his son for a playdate at my condo! He said he recognized me right away from my glasses which I never wear here and just happened to have on because I was in a rush and didn't have time to put in my contacts but wore a lot back in 1994 when I knew him. So I call my sister to make sense of this and as I am recounting the story, I have this "memory" of me telling him 'not to worry, that he'll be able to recognize me because I'll have on my glasses and then I'll be able to help him' followed by a creepy shivery sensation. My sister confirms that this is the weirdest part of all. He gave me his business card so that i could keep in touch and when i got home I gave him a quick e-mail just so he would have my address. He immediately wrote back and has written me 4 times since talking about how he is in a "dark space" right now, having "dark thoughts" and believes that running in to me is a sign that he is the right place at the right time and must be on the right path somehow.
Not to be to paranoid and leave someone who needs help hanging, but I think that this incident was really orchestrated to get me off track. I have just gotten on my two feet again since moving here and I finally found the support I need to accomplish my work and I think that helping him in his time of darkness would just lead me into a big pit of his neediness. I just find the timing curious...If anyone can validate my suspicions with an experience, that would be helpful as I am usually very considerate of others in their times of need but this incident makes me wonder.

it does sound as if you should be a little cautious in this situation from what you've described.

Coincidences can certainly act as a distraction or deflection. If you feel that it is 'pushing' you to act in a certain way, consider this:

STS forces will act on you in a manner to try to influence your behaviour/choices, to hook on your particular weaknesses and push you into 'reaction' mode.

Whereas STO 'influences' act in a different way - by providing clues / hints, which you can interpret or ignore as you will, and only giving confirmation after the fact (by then providing further clues), after you make whatever decisions and learn the relevent lessons, thereby leaving your free-will intact.

Thank you for distinguishing between the two modes(STS and STO) It seems like STS makes it so easy and obvious how you should act in the situation presenting itself that you almost doubt any other interpretation, especially one that would seem to be dismissive of someone needing help (which would go against my nature). The timing was just so strange....I just noticed that in the last week or two that I felt great and have tonnes of energy like when I was in high school and then he shows up.... I am still very leery about the whole thing and annoyed about that strange memory

From what you've said, it certainly sounds as if another hand is at play in this situation. I would advise extreme vigilance on your part - fwiw.

Back
Top Bottom