Circumcision Articles and Discussions

From the Gospel of Thomas...one of the books they excluded from the Holy Bible

(53) His disciples said to him, "Is circumcision beneficial or not?"
He said to them, "If it were beneficial, their father would beget them already circumcised from their mother. Rather, the true circumcision in spirit has become completely profitable."

I've never believed circumcision could be beneficial. I have 4 boys and all are healthy. Plus the arguments for circumcision concerning the desert environment also go against them in that infection is more likely straight after the operation with the bacteria AND open wound...plus lack of hygiene and desert environment.

It's a terrible practice. It needs to stop.

Well said Perceval. That should be included in every dictionary under the word "circumcision".

Circumcision (name): The act of removing the foreskin.
Origin: This ridiculous act was invented by a religious nut in collaboration with "yahweh" who liked to inflict suffering on human beings. End of story.

It clearly is a barbarian ritual having to do with anything except the boy's benefit. It must be terrifying for a young boy and very painful. I can't imagine how they are brainwashed into thinking it's God's will and good for them by their relatives. What parents would be crazy enough to have their little boy butchered because of some invisible psychopath discussed in a fairy tale book?

Don't they usually celebrate this on top of it?

This is sick.

JayMark said:
It clearly is a barbarian ritual having to do with anything except the boy's benefit. It must be terrifying for a young boy and very painful. I can't imagine how they are brainwashed into thinking it's God's will and good for them by their relatives. What parents would be crazy enough to have their little boy butchered because of some invisible psychopath discussed in a fairy tale book?

This is sick.

Yes, I knew a boy (muslim) who was circumcised when he was about three years old and all the kids that were in his group received treats.

When I was 7-8 years of age I was circumcised. I still remember the pain after the removal of the foreskin. It was that intense, really.
The reason why this approach was used was to my knowledge that my foreskin was too narrow and needed to be removed.-

Luckily I have never been further "hurt" from this operation besides the painful period after the surgery and the fact that my penis looked a bit different than the rest of the boys in the shower after school sports, which at the time actually had a small impact on me psychologically.

I "think" it was more normal back then in the 80'ties to solve this condition that way, and I do get the impression that nowadays they use other methods in most cases.

But I took a look and found this:

This is a excerpt from http://www.sygeforsikring.dk/Default.aspx?id=1145 (Danish health insurance)

"Besides solving the problem as too narrow foreskin can provide, there are a number of other advantages to be circumcised. Circumcision protects against a number of sexually transmitted diseases such as HIV and HPV virus (which you think can provide both penile cancer and cervical cancer) and genital herpes. In addition, it is from a hygienic point of view can be an advantage to be circumcised.

Researchers from the U.S. and Uganda have found that circumcision of men reduces the risk that they are infected with HPV virus by about one third, and their results also suggest that the risk of getting genital disease genital herpes reduced by over a quarter.

Previous studies in South Africa, Kenya and Uganda have shown that circumcision in men may reduce the risk of becoming infected with HIV by more than 60 percent.

Some scientists believe the reason may be that the thin skin of the foreskin is full of so-called Langerhans cells. When these cells are exposed to large amounts of virus, they lose their original protective properties and functions instead as carriers of the virus. Others believe that the head of the penis becomes a little harder when the foreskin is removed, and that it also protected to a greater extent than the foreskin of the protein keratin. It may be the main reason why viruses are more difficult to penetrate."

It seems like there is a lot of confusion going on in this field and a hole lot of myth and less science. I think it is a bit difficult to get a clear understanding of the topic isolated in terms of what is right and what is just simply BS.

From what I feel on this particular matter, circumcision should be "stopped" as I consider it to be inhumane especially when it come to children.

Does the psychological fact(impact) walk hand in hand with the "big business" fact or is it the need for pure/best ""energy"" consumption from 4D STS - -- ?

DHTH said:
Does the psychological fact(impact) walk hand in hand with the "big business" fact or is it the need for pure/best ""energy"" consumption from 4D STS - -- ?
Why not both (and maybe other factors as well)? It creates suffering on many levels and benefits 4d sts and all who resonate with it. For what it's worth.

I'm really sorry to hear about the pain that was inflicted on you. Although your case is slightly different, it's really saddening to see that the cycle of suffering begins so quickly after birth.

Psalehesost said:
Interestingly, these supposed "benefits" are generally not heard of in countries where circumcision is uncommon. They seem to be brought out in favor of it by mainly: 1) Americans; 2) Jews (possibly muslims, but I have yet to hear or read of them arguing for it myself). In other words, it seems quite transparently a justification used only by those peoples who have bought into it, for whom it is "normal" - the rest of the world largely either hasn't heard these "arguments" or considers them (and the practice) more or less whacko.

It would be amusing if it were not, in fact, a horrific abuse with lasting effects on the psyche being defended.
In my childhood, we used to even ridicule the muslim's practice of circumcision, luckily we didn't have any jews near by. This is out love for the God they never saw or listened. This is barbaric like radiotherapy. Unfortunately authoritarian followers like radiotherapy rather than avoiding the carbs even on the deathbed.

Mariama said:
JayMark said:

This is sick.

Yes, I knew a boy (muslim) who was circumcised when he was about three years old and all the kids that were in his group received treats.

Jewish circumcision: (from _www.hanefesh.com)

First and foremost a Jewish circumcision in Hebrew is called "Brit Milah" literally means "Covenant of Circumcision". It is the sign to indicate the eternal covenant that God established with Abraham and his descendants (Genesis 17). It was then reiterated through Moses at Mount Sinai about 500 years later: "And on the 8th day he shall have his foreskin circumcised". [But why?!?] (Leviticus 12:3)

Christian circumcision celebration: (from Wikipedia)

The Feast of the Circumcision of Christ [this term just creeps me out] is a Christian celebration of the circumcision of Jesus in accordance with Jewish tradition, eight days (according to the Semitic and southern European calculation of intervals of days) after his birth, the occasion on which the child was formally given his name.

Which brought me to this other creepy thing: (from Wikipedia)

The Holy Prepuce, or Holy Foreskin (Latin præputium or prepucium) is one of several relics attributed to Jesus, a product of the circumcision of Jesus. At various points in history, a number of churches in Europe have claimed to possess Jesus' foreskin, sometimes at the same time. Various miraculous powers have been ascribed to it.

[I was quite shocked to actually read that.]

Muslim circumcision: (from Wikipedia)

Khitān (Arabic: ختان‎) or Khatna (Arabic: ختنة‎) is the term for male circumcision carried out as an Islamic rite. It is considered by some as a sign of belonging or introduction to the wider Islamic community. It is also referred to by the term Taharah, "purity". Islamic circumcision is analogous to Jewish circumcision, although there are a number of key differences with Muslims currently being the largest single religious group where the practice is widespread. Circumcision is not mentioned in the Qur'an, but rather in the hadith and whether or not it should be carried out after converting to Islam is debated among Islamic scholars.

Celebration: In Indonesia, after a child is being circumcised, there is a feast called Perayaan Sunatan, but some ulemas in Indonesia say this is bid'ah whereas most of them say it is not.

============

Anyhow, as I can see, circumcision is rooted among great monotheistic religions which is not surprising at all. I didn't know it was so widespread though.

Here is something found as well on the Hanefesh website. Well, it is clear that there are no real benefits about it all but just to show how twisted they are:

Interesting Studies:

Furthermore, the torah teachesus that every good-deed that we perform (whether we understand the purpose or not) have so many countless physical and spiritual benefits [???]. A circumcision has been known to offer virtually complete protection from penile cancer. According to a recent review article in the New England Journal of Medicine, none of the over 1,600 persons studied with this cancer had been circumcised in infancy. In the words of Cochen and McCurdy, the incidence of penile cancer in the U.S. is "essentially zero" among circumcised men. [Come on now. I could also prove that circumcision protects against car impacts doing the same thing.]

Etc.

Personally I view this along with:

Female circumcision
Japanese Foot Binding
African Lip plates
Child abuse of numerous kinds in the name of ???

in exactly the same way: They are mutilation because "thats what 'we' do!"

Oh and lets not forget killing the odd child because they happen to be female.

Summary: This is STS, and there are some VERY sick people out there!

I do not include in this operations which are clinically required, my father was circumcised surgically as an infant, as he couldn't pee.
Oddly enough I was born circumcised, genes maybe?

I feel that just by discussing this topic, we actually give it some moral grounding that it does not warrant!

John Ainhirn-Williams said:
Oddly enough I was born circumcised, genes maybe?
Do you mean aposthia? I've never heard of this before.

_https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aposthia

John Ainhirn-Williams said:
I feel that just by discussing this topic, we actually give it some moral grounding that it does not warrant!
Then how can an understanding eventually be come to? What if someone who is for circumcision changes their mind upon see this thread?

This barbaric practice has incensed me for years ever since a baby I knew was permanently harmed by the procedure.

As a Jewish by birth woman in the United States, it has been almost impossible to to discuss opposition to circumcision in any rational way with almost anyone within the Jewish community or even within my country because everyone is so brainwashed by our medical and religious establishments, which is no surprise, of course, but very isolating because in my gut, ever since I was young and first learned what circumcision meant, I knew it was mutilation.

This may be TMI but on personal note, after traveling in Europe and having two German lovers, uncircumcised is much preferred. ;)

DHTH said:
When I was 7-8 years of age I was circumcised. I still remember the pain after the removal of the foreskin. It was that intense, really.
The reason why this approach was used was to my knowledge that my foreskin was too narrow and needed to be removed.-

Hi DHTH

I think the 'too narrow' problem isn't really a problem at all if, from a young age like maybe 2-3, the parents while bathing their children manually clean their childrens genitals including carefully peeling back the foreskin. Overtime it stretches...but if parents don't clean the area properly then certainly it could be a problem....but even still morning and night manipulation of the foreskin would have eventually stretched it naturally, even if only starting from an age of 7.

Doctors are too quick to mutilate the body. I'm sorry for the pain you went through.

truth seeker said:
Do you mean aposthia? I've never heard of this before.
_https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aposthia
I do indeed, which would make my fathers condition hypospadias; many thanks for the pointer, I had never actually researched it myself.
truth seeker said:
Then how can an understanding eventually be come to? What if someone who is for circumcision changes their mind upon see this thread?
OK, there you have me, I viewed it that the opposite were possible, hence my statement, but I suppose the truth must be faced and not swept under the proverbial carpet :-[

MethodOfMadness said:
DHTH said:

Hi DHTH

I think the 'too narrow' problem isn't really a problem at all if, from a young age like maybe 2-3, the parents while bathing their children manually clean their childrens genitals including carefully peeling back the foreskin. Overtime it stretches...but if parents don't clean the area properly then certainly it could be a problem....but even still morning and night manipulation of the foreskin would have eventually stretched it naturally, even if only starting from an age of 7.

Doctors are too quick to mutilate the body. I'm sorry for the pain you went through.

I agree with you that doctors are way too quick in their assessments when it comes to mutilating the body and in general I think. My parents have probably been to much "believers in the system" at the time and just took the word from the doctor as the only option. It is my impression nowadays there is other solutions offered .

Thanks for the empathy MethodOfMadness

Here's another reason. Well, another reason not to be plain stupid. Sorry, did I show some anger? :mad:

I read about this before and here it is again. Some people never learn.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/07/health/new-york-neonatal-herpes/

I am happy to say that with the information a gained here I chose to leave my son the way he was born and also got most of my family to not just reluctantly support the choice to leave him intact but begin to wonder why any sane person would do it if they really thought about it for more than a few minutes.

My son's pediatrician actually said he was very happy to see I chose not to do it. That it's nothing more than cosmetic and he finds it to be rather barbaric.. BUT... he is still willing to perform the surgery for parents who want it done. :O

Back
Top Bottom