Cassiopaean timeline

This is absolutely awesome !!
It really sorted a lot of things in my head :D
thanx for it :)

Thank you Shijing and AI. This has put some questions I had into perspective. I just reread the updates and wanted to show my appreciation for this work you did.

So, a version of what is being talked about is already in the works. Right now it is a flash map that lets you see where certain types of events have happened within a user defined time frame, kind of like google maps. What it doesn't have is a timeline, though it certainly can. All of the needed data is in the database.

Since I'm stupidly busy right now, it would be really helpful if a user interface could be worked out so that I could just dive in to the coding and know what I'm actually coding for. You can sort of look at what I have right now, but I have to make a change to the flash so that it will actually load the articles. I just moved it all to a new domain, so flash security stuff is all out of whack. Anyway, you can keep an eye on the following URL. Will be working very shortly.

cassproj (dot) com/map.html

shijing said:
...I have already inserted everything that has come up additionally from other people (primarily AI) back into the post...

Ah, actually I just didn't notice the original post was edited to reflect the updates! That is good way to go in the meantime. I am happy to get the data as accurate as possible, and have not considered I would want it in any special format

By the way, I see you corrected the usage of the word "ultraterrestrial" when subterranean was meant

(C) 14,000 years ago [12,000 BC], appr: beginning of subterranean civilization

However there is still a reference here that I think was also intended to be changed too (in the notes about inconstencies between C's and Ra:)

(3) The beginning of the ultraterrestrial civilization is placed just prior to the "flood of Noah," and corresponds with the Nephalim being brought to Earth.

All the best,
_Breton_

Shijing, AI and others thank you for putting 'our' past in perspective :) This is an admirable project! If you allow me to give some advice: try to make a functional design (doesn't have to be a lot of pages). This gives you a framework for your ideas and helps the future programmer understand what you want and how you want it. This can prevent misunderstandings and a lot of unnecessary emailing.

As for additional ideas:
- I like the zoom function, where from up high you can quickly see where you want to go and zoom in, and by zooming in (using the mouse wheel) more and more details come into view (like Google Earth).
- You can separate the most important history sources (C's, RA, ?) and have them run parallel to each other for comparison. Using colors to distinguish.
- I like the little information pop ups in Burma Jones' map. Maybe adding pictures or even snippets of spoken text. For example on the timeline when the pyramids were build, you can add a picture of the Great Pyramid.
-Maybe combine the earth map and and a timeline, where you point on the timeline to a certain event and you can see where it happened on the planet.

Hope my ideas are not too wild...

Breton said:
By the way, I see you corrected the usage of the word "ultraterrestrial" when subterranean was meant

(C) 14,000 years ago [12,000 BC], appr: beginning of subterranean civilization

However there is still a reference here that I think was also intended to be changed too (in the notes about inconstencies between C's and Ra:)

(3) The beginning of the ultraterrestrial civilization is placed just prior to the "flood of Noah," and corresponds with the Nephalim being brought to Earth.

Got it Breton -- thanks!

Laura said:
You need to consider the fields you want to cover and the other kind of fields that must be in the software. How would you want to sort things to find relationships?

I have a couple of thoughts about this question:

(1) It seems like it would be a good idea to have the Cassiopaean material form the backbone of the entire page, so presenting a Cassiopaean timeline in linear form might be the default around which everything else would revolve. There are at least two other kinds of timelines which could be built into this:

(a) Other non-mainstream sources, such as the Ra material already included here. I don't remember if Bringers of the Dawn includes dates (PopHistorian might have a handle on that, or anyone else who has read it recently), but that is another possibility -- the Cayce readings might be another example. We obviously wouldn't want to throw any old thing in from the sea of channeled literature (much of it is disinfo), so there would have to be tight controls on what was included in this data subgroup -- Laura and QFG would probably want to have the final word on this, both to keep the amount of information manageable as well as maintain the quality of the information.

(b) Dates culled from mainstream science -- what the actual academic world is assigning based on various techniques such as carbon-dating, tree-ring analysis, MtDNA estimates and things of that nature. Also historical records, such as Plato's information on Atlantis, his works being considered mainstream history even if Atlantis itself isn't specifically accepted.

It would be nice to be able to hit a button and intercalate two or more separate timelines for comparison, including the main Cass timeline as well as those from both (a) and (b) above, perhaps representing each one in a different color (as Snow recommends) or by some other means to make them visually distinguishable.

(2) For each entry, it would be good to have a field to reference the specific source. For example, for the Cass transcripts it would include a session date and possibly a hyperlink directly to that session. For a mainstream scientific source, it could reference a paper, and/or be hyperlinked to an online article or entry in Wikipedia or some other resource (or multiple resources). It would probably be good to have a separate 'comments' field as well -- a place for notes about the time/place in question, and how it correlates with other data.

Snow said:
-Maybe combine the earth map and and a timeline, where you point on the timeline to a certain event and you can see where it happened on the planet.
- I like the zoom function, where from up high you can quickly see where you want to go and zoom in, and by zooming in (using the mouse wheel) more and more details come into view (like Google Earth).

I don't think this is a bad idea either, for the events which are able to be placed on a modern map.

Edit: Links to the Cassiopedia, where relevant, might be good too.

Burma Jones said:
So, a version of what is being talked about is already in the works. Right now it is a flash map that lets you see where certain types of events have happened within a user defined time frame, kind of like google maps. What it doesn't have is a timeline, though it certainly can. All of the needed data is in the database.

Since I'm stupidly busy right now, it would be really helpful if a user interface could be worked out so that I could just dive in to the coding and know what I'm actually coding for. You can sort of look at what I have right now, but I have to make a change to the flash so that it will actually load the articles. I just moved it all to a new domain, so flash security stuff is all out of whack. Anyway, you can keep an eye on the following URL. Will be working very shortly.

cassproj (dot) com/map.html

This looks like it will be really fun when it is up and fully functional -- thanks for sharing!

there is a visual-wiki with links and quotes etc in the works (at a really early stage), which may be ideal for presenting timeline information, especially as it can easily be cross-linked to all the other data in the wiki, and done visually.

I've knocked up a quick test timeline page here, to see if this sort of presentation is useful, and to give an idea of how the cross-links work etc (not every link is active yet - if the border goes green when you hover over it, then it's clickable :) ):
http://www.a-tangled-web.net/test-timeline.htm

The idea is that each little picture will contain popup text/images (each image being hyperlinked of course), and also a link to the relevant wiki page. These pages can contain links to related concepts/people etc, and also show the relationships in a visual way

for example, the page for pathocracy, here:
http://www.a-tangled-web.net/pathocracy.htm

and there is quite a focus on people, at the moment with the test data I am playing with. for example:
http://www.a-tangled-web.net/georges-ivanovich-gurdjieff.htm

and you can see a rather scrappy home page, with some other example links here (you'll have excuse all the sci-fi indulgence on here, they're just really good for quotes, and I'm testing a "quotes" display system):
http://www.a-tangled-web.net/index.htm

please bear in mind this is an early prototype.

Nomad:

Not bad! Not bad at all!
{Translation: It's really, really good!} :D

It is interesting that it takes some thoughts
juggling around the images/text (data) in order
to get the best presentation as possible.

As for hovering over an image only page, one does
not know what each image is, and forces one to view
each image, one at a time, in order to obtain context?
That could be troublesome for some people esp. with
many images? It also requires one to mentally track the
last image visited, or the image you viewed previously
and wish to revisit.

The other idea you presented was to have images on
the left column, and text on the right column, and if
more information needed, a hyperlink taking you there?
Seems like a good way to present the data. The question
is, do we need images to do this? Perhaps it might be better
to provide text only time-line and provide pop-ups when hovering
a click to take you there?

FWIW!
Dan

Approaching Infinity said:
2676 BCE – Close proximity to Venus, Mars, and comet cluster’s gravitational influence on Venus causes “Exodus”, 430 years (time of Biblical exodus) after unification of Egypt. This is the the time of the Sethian Peribsen rebellion in Egypt and the foundation of the Cretan civilization and construction of the temple of Knossos by “Minos”.

1600 BCE ca. – Close passage of “Maldek” causes eruption of Thera, causing Exodus from Crete. Minoan culture is later destroyed by meteor-born parasites. (1628 BCE tree ring date)

1588 BCE – Comet cluster enters solar system.

There are the Moses=Paris, Troy in England, Egypt in France, Knossos in Scandanavia additions too.

Nomad said:
there is a visual-wiki with links and quotes etc in the works (at a really early stage), which may be ideal for presenting timeline information, especially as it can easily be cross-linked to all the other data in the wiki, and done visually.

I've knocked up a quick test timeline page here, to see if this sort of presentation is useful, and to give an idea of how the cross-links work etc (not every link is active yet - if the border goes green when you hover over it, then it's clickable :) ):
http://www.a-tangled-web.net/test-timeline.htm

This is really nice, Nomad, and I think the format would lend itself quite well to what we are talking about with the timeline if this is the direction we go in. The other subjects are nicely done so far as well -- exciting reference tool in the making!

*raises hand*

Ok, so, I've been thinking about doing timeline software for Cass for a looong time (since we talked about it at the chateau many many years ago), but haven't found the right place to apply it to. This seems like the right place/time to actually do it.

Laura, can you please ask whoever in QFG is on this to contact me. Thanks!

shijing said:
(1) It seems like it would be a good idea to have the Cassiopaean material form the backbone of the entire page, so presenting a Cassiopaean timeline in linear form might be the default around which everything else would revolve.

I want to make sure I support this idea.

Timelines have been made ad infinitum in mainstream history books, and all around the web. However they are usually supposing that the "conventional history" is basically correct.

I think the C's give us a new reference point that we can try out.

Of course like any scientific experiment, we need to add a disclaimer, that this is a working theory, and we want to try using this data via the channeling experiment as a central focus and see how things correlate or not with other data available. From this point we will want highlight the contradictions to the data, and attempt to work at finding an explanation for the discrepancies. (Don't we? Well, I want to.)

As an example: the time line lists "the building of stonehenge" at 8000 BC, then there is also information (or link to the information) that says conventional accepted history is that stonehenge was built between 3000 and 2200 BC (typical wikipedia dates given), and here are some of the reasons why this dating is probably too young (e.g. reference to the fundamental errors with the whole carbon dating methodology, the citing of an article that demonstrates willful throwing away of evidence that was excavated near the site that did not "fit" and so on).

Fwiw,
_Breton_

So, given that we have a lot of people wanting to contribute and the first thing we need is data to work with, why don't we start off with setting up a quick database that we can collect the data with? We just need to solidify exactly what is going to be in this database. Here is a first shot to get the ball rolling:

name
description
time
source (i.e. historical writings, mythology, anthropology, etc.)
bibliography/links

I'm sure there is a ton I'm missing, but I haven't even had breakfast yet, so.... ;o)

Source/bibliography would probably be a related table so that events that are linked to mythology, historical writings and anthropology for example could have each type of source expanded out and correlated.

That's a start...

Back
Top Bottom