Caricature of Love

Nienna Wrote
Judge: Let lesbians into military so male GIs can turn them straight. Just one of many articles about the psychopathic military-industrial complex that leaves you needing to take a shower afterward.

Just reading this headline made me shudder, then I went and read the article. I don't think a shower will ever wash that dirt away!! I just took a shower before reading this! :rolleyes:

This came out of a Judges Mouth?? Does anyone reading this with any neurons firing wonder whats wrong with the American judicial system?? :O

Humanity seems to be devolving right in front of our eyes instead of evolving :shock:

I think I will go and pipe breathe now :cry:

I finished the book finally!!
Hardest read in my life. The chapters were painful to follow, became sick, felt turning inside out, then got fever, then got really physically sick, which was strangely amplified. My ancestral handicap, a form of inherited throat 'ulcer' acted up two or three times while on mass-travel, freezing me into an incapacitated mass of coughing fit.

Caricature of Love touched all sore points, all issues called out from behind the blinders and laid bare and visible before my eyes to do something about them. I gave the book a key significance in my esoteric studies: if i fail to learn from themes elaborated in there, i'm finished, dead. Wrote a readers diary as i progressed, thinking the concepts over and making notes, writing the sickness out in form of opinions fiercely.

This book was for me like a boxing match, i was KO-ed several times, but somehow managed to get back on feet and staggered groggily, feeling violated, then a gong sounded.

Thank God, Cleckley offered a solution and made the end gentle, administering a healing balm.

Now onto checking out what all of you wrote in this thread..

Forge, you pretty much described my experience with this book. It was like being hit by a train.

Pete thanks for starting this thread.

Laura said:
Men, every word you say, every automatic reaction to your partner, every THOUGHT you have about women and how to have a relationship with them is undoubtedly, certainly, positively, influenced by homosexual psychopathy attitudes inculcated in you as a child. You can take that to the bank.

Laura, thank you for making this book available. I only just downloaded it, and I will make it the next thing I read. I have had trouble with relationships for as long as I can remember having "feelings" about girls. All of the "relationships" I have ever had fall into one of two categories. I either project onto and "dream up", as is described in Unholy Hungers, a girl that "I really like" and am therefore unable to interact with her normally, faun over her and act like a jerk, so she wants nothing to do with me, or I hold back if she likes me and basically string the relationship along even though I'm not really interested. I am a flirt, and I can relate to what some of the other men wrote at the beginning of this thread. I used to tell myself that it was ok because I kept things to flirting and kissing and I didn't have sex with a girl "unless I really care about her", but that is a lie. I am ashamed of this, because I tell myself that I want to protect women, to please them, to be a hero. I have spent endless hours berating myself over my cowardice, cold hearted behavior and my inability to find "the one". It is hard to admit that you are a sexual predator.

Seamas said:
I have spent endless hours berating myself over my cowardice, cold hearted behavior and my inability to find "the one". It is hard to admit that you are a sexual predator.

The plain fact is that nearly all men are sexual predators even if they are thoroughly nice guys in all other respects. They can't help it. It's been inculcated into them from infancy. Heck, I'm even inculcated with programs that make me shove it under the rug or ignore it or explain it away because it is "normal." That's one of the reasons this book was so hard for me: I saw behavior that I had considered normal as what it really was: pathological, and had to admit that I was as messed up as many men in normalizing what should never be permitted.

Forge said:
Hardest read in my life. The chapters were painful to follow, became sick, felt turning inside out, then got fever, then got really physically sick, which was strangely amplified. My ancestral handicap, a form of inherited throat 'ulcer' acted up two or three times while on mass-travel, freezing me into an incapacitated mass of coughing fit.

Wow Forge it's good to hear you made it through alive. I haven't finished it yet, although I'm about halfway through, but I've been having a lot of the same symptoms as you've had. Just got over a wild, hallucinogenic fever that lasted about a day, and my computer crashed and I haven't forced myself to get back to the book yet, and I can't stop seeing my own heterosexual malfunction for what it is. A twisted pathology. It's still making me sick but now I'm starting to see that this book and my recent reading of Operators and Things are really putting me through the grinder. Both really dark reads...but now to finish it...

Laura said:
The plain fact is that nearly all men are sexual predators even if they are thoroughly nice guys in all other respects.

Well I can't really say that I'm surprised, maybe just shocked because I always thought I was "better than that".

Laura said:
The plain fact is that nearly all men are sexual predators even if they are thoroughly nice guys in all other respects. They can't help it. It's been inculcated into them from infancy. Heck, I'm even inculcated with programs that make me shove it under the rug or ignore it or explain it away because it is "normal." That's one of the reasons this book was so hard for me: I saw behavior that I had considered normal as what it really was: pathological, and had to admit that I was as messed up as many men in normalizing what should never be permitted.

Can you elaborate on that? I just started reading the book but time is scarce and I am a slow reader.

edit: mod fixed quotes

Hespen said:
Forge said:

Wow Forge it's good to hear you made it through alive. I haven't finished it yet, although I'm about halfway through, but I've been having a lot of the same symptoms as you've had. Just got over a wild, hallucinogenic fever that lasted about a day, and my computer crashed and I haven't forced myself to get back to the book yet, and I can't stop seeing my own heterosexual malfunction for what it is. A twisted pathology. It's still making me sick but now I'm starting to see that this book and my recent reading of Operators and Things are really putting me through the grinder. Both really dark reads...but now to finish it...

Forge, Hespen, care to share some of the parts of the book that affected you the most? Personally, I think I was most affected by what Cleckley described as normal. As in, "Wow, they'd never teach us this stuff in school!" It was refreshing to read a book on sexual pathology that wasn't puritan and prudish in nature!

For those who have not yet read the book (like me) and need it to be in text format so you can put it in an ebook reader, I put the scanned document given by Approaching Infinity through Optical Character Recognition software.

However it took this long to complete the spell check as I could only get to do do it a few minutes per day. Still, having done this, it is not perfect, there still may be some strange errors in the document.

Perhaps non-native English speakers should take a warning: they might get a bit confused by some of the mistakes if they cannot tell from the context what the word was supposed to be. However from what I can tell it mostly came out pretty good.

OCR document saved as PDF:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/lzlcu0r8nsg6r29/THE%20CARICATURE%20OF%20LOVE%20ocr%20and%20spell%20checked%20ver1.pdf

OCR document saved as MobiReader document [what I use, as an ebook reader on Nokia S60 v3 platforms]
http://www.mediafire.com/file/m7azksb157c6ohk/CARICATURE%20OF%20LOVE.prc

OCR document saved as fb2 reader document
http://www.mediafire.com/file/v94a9efgyw4dddf/THE%20CARICATURE%20OF%20LOVE%20ocr%20and%20spell%20checked%20ver1.fb2

NOTE
- accents are often lost and I don't have energy to correct them
- some words are randomly italicized or made bold

Breton said:
For those who have not yet read the book (like me) and need it to be in text format so you can put it in an ebook reader, I put the scanned document given by Approaching Infinity through Optical Character Recognition software.

I've been thinking about printing it out and making a book out of it. I've been looking at bookbinding techniques. Maybe I'll start a thread about bookbinding. But I think I will just read it off of my computer, though having a hard copy is a good idea too. Some of the other pdf books I have I want to make into books, like Keel's books, which I haven't read yet either.

Do you use FreeOcr Breton? I've thought about getting an E-reader for reading pdf books. But maybe that would just be a lazy reason to not print them out :P.

Breton said:

However it took this long to complete the spell check as I could only get to do do it a few minutes per day. Still, having done this, it is not perfect, there still may be some strange errors in the document.

Perhaps non-native English speakers should take a warning: they might get a bit confused by some of the mistakes if they cannot tell from the context what the word was supposed to be. However from what I can tell it mostly came out pretty good.

OCR document saved as PDF:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/lzlcu0r8nsg6r29/THE%20CARICATURE%20OF%20LOVE%20ocr%20and%20spell%20checked%20ver1.pdf

OCR document saved as MobiReader document [what I use, as an ebook reader on Nokia S60 v3 platforms]
http://www.mediafire.com/file/m7azksb157c6ohk/CARICATURE%20OF%20LOVE.prc

OCR document saved as fb2 reader document
http://www.mediafire.com/file/v94a9efgyw4dddf/THE%20CARICATURE%20OF%20LOVE%20ocr%20and%20spell%20checked%20ver1.fb2

NOTE
- accents are often lost and I don't have energy to correct them
- some words are randomly italicized or made bold

Wow - thanks Breton! This was just what I was looking for!!! Sometimes the only way for me to read an 'e-book' is via my iPhone - it's great to make use of those short moments of waiting or travelling. My Stanza reader couldn't convert the original file, but thanks to you it's now possible.

Must have been quite a lot of work to spell check the whole book, cheers! :thup:

3D Student said:
Do you use FreeOcr Breton? I've thought about getting an E-reader for reading pdf books. But maybe that would just be a lazy reason to not print them out :P.

I have not tried that software, looks interesting, have you tried it yet? I like trying these alternative free tools when they work well. I use a lot of open source stuff too for things. I have an older version of ABBYY FineReader, and I see the new versions start at around 140 euros nowadays.

Aragorn said:
Wow - thanks Breton! This was just what I was looking for!!! Sometimes the only way for me to read an 'e-book' is via my iPhone - it's great to make use of those short moments of waiting or travelling. My Stanza reader couldn't convert the original file, but thanks to you it's now possible.

You are welcome! It has been the same for me, in the last couple of years I could only get to reading these longer books by catching moments here and there on my phone too. Family and work life is just so busy. And trying to read the scanned bitmap images do not tend to work well on my phone(s).

Approaching Infinity said:
Forge, Hespen, care to share some of the parts of the book that affected you the most? Personally, I think I was most affected by what Cleckley described as normal. As in, "Wow, they'd never teach us this stuff in school!" It was refreshing to read a book on sexual pathology that wasn't puritan and prudish in nature!

Hey Approaching Infinity, sorry it's taken me so long to reply! I've been writing and re-writing a post, and for all the words I chose I felt I wasn't able to express the real affect this book has had on me so far. To be blunt, I can sum up the impression that's been dawning on me like this:

"I think I could be a real man when I find it in me." Right now I'm just a jumble of pathological attitudes, many of which are implicit or explicit in authors like Cory and Gide (I flinch every time I read something they've written). But I'm starting to see the real value of a heterosexual relationship. It's not domination or "the hunt", which is just homosexual in its male-patterned mating strategy coming from both sides, but it's the drawing out of what is really masculine and really feminine in each party, and combining these elements to create a new life. Sounds trite now that I re-read it, but it feels "new" to me. :shock: So far I still haven't finished the book, but this is the affect it's had on me so far. I can't wait to read the part on "normal" that made such an affect on you, because I could use a better definition of what normal is.

Breton said:
I have not tried that software, looks interesting, have you tried it yet?

No I haven't tried it yet. But it was said to be the best open source OCR when I looked for one.

Caricature of Love said:
If, as I believe, people with sexual disorder are, by their disorder, seriously curtailed in meaningful and major fulfilment of love in this life, it is not difficult to see how this might serve as a strong influence in turning them to art as a substitute for life itself.

Wow, this quote is really loaded! And to imagine that, for cultured individuals, art is the most prized possession, and the more abstract and "different" the better. This is just my assumption based on what I imagine well off individuals do with their extra money, but still. This quote also says a lot to me about what I've been beginning to realize about true love. I've been really sheltered when it comes to relationships, and, after coming across the forum and feeling a sense of mission, I've totally thrown them on the back burner. And I feel a real conflict having been sheltered, afraid to try and jump the gap between myself and another person again (fear of being inadequate as a lover) and sensing that I am missing out on real life. I truly thought that trusting no one was much better than trusting the wrong one. But people need to feel accepted, and I'm doing something wrong by trying not to let people in. (To be fair I'm not a total hermit, I do have friends and people I can trust.)

Just today I must have been feeling a lot of anger towards myself, this forum, and the world because my predator's upset I'm not flirting as much as I used to! We were in class and the teacher began discussing how trivial flirting is, and I blurted out that I couldn't help but think that flirting caught a bad rap, and that flirting's just an intimate way for men and women to interact. Is this true? I don't know, but I shouldn't be so stupid as to label every "ooh" and "ahh" as flirting and just accept it. Immediately afterwards I got a fist bump from a guy next to me, a totally macho fist pump, and I felt so ashamed, unaware of who I was.

I'm also starting to see a real connection between this pathological hatred of women and racism. I'm taking a class on gender and racial inequality and I'm surprised it never struck me before how obviously pathological racism is, and how interconnected this matrix really is. You can almost hear the same voice that despises women despising a different race, and seeing this hatred as a perfect way to gain power.

Back
Top Bottom