Canada and the potential US threat

C

cr500

I sent Global news edmonton the pentagon vid and the charly sheen report. I hope our media will cover this as we canadians , I feel are next. We have such vast oil and gas reserves in north western Canada , the american gov is trying allready to choke us down with the mad cow thing affecting our ranchers still. Nothing is being said about the incidents of mad cow now in the US. They wont budge on the lumber issues and the fact that we have a fair trade aggreement in place.I am worried for Canada that the forces that be in the Us may target and destroy a canadian oil patch project , kiliing our people and economy so that we must bow down and beg for their protection from the " evil terrorists". I know in my heart that Bush is and has always been behind something evil.

Canada is definitely next. It is the Austria to the U.S.'s Germany.

I know a couple of decades ago, Western Canada, home to energy resources and wheat, had large percentages who wanted to join the U.S. This feeling was driven, as I recall, by reaction against Quebec nationalism (as well as a more conservative outlook of rural areas far from the capital).

That seems to have died down recently with the U.S. acting so badly and so unpopular, but I wonder if the covert types might try to stimulate Quebec nationalism (which has also seemed to be on the wane recently)?

Any thoughts from Canadians about this?

Yeah - I figured we were due for an attack a while ago, because of water. The U.S. is running out of clean running water, and who just happens to have (I believe) the biggest freshwater reserves in the world? They offered to buy it, we refused, so it's yet another thing they want to take.

About Quebec nationalism - I was born & raised in Quebec, and from what I have seen there is some covert action regarding this, but not a lot - pretty much amounts to the Qc govt trying to agitate separatism when it suits them. But say, as general background, I believe the french/english problem is really a class conflict that is fading, not only because of the arrival of immigrants from everywhere, but also changing economic realities - nowadays some french people have money and power, and you will actually see english people working for a french boss, though of course the opposite is the rule. From what I can tell Quebecers are sick and tired of the whole deal. Only thing is, if Canada ever chooses to "agglomerate" with the U.S., we'll be rioting & separating, but then we probably won't be living in a system where we can actually riot...

On the humorous note, you should have seen the outrage when the U.S. offered us to become "the 51st state". At least, most Quebecers are definitely anti-U.S. empire, and I would daresay a good proportion of other Canadians are too.

Back
Top Bottom