Buckburgers

Niall

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
This recipe is handy for making something on the fly, like on a lunch break. Thanks go to Ottershrew who showed me this one!

Ingredients

1/2 pound (500 gr) organic beef mince (this produces 4 large burgers or 6 small ones)

3 organic carrots, peeled and grated

1 red onion, diced

4 cloves crushed garlic

half cup black peppercorns

1 or 2 eggs (if tolerated)

Buckwheat flour

Sea salt

Fresh thyme and parsley

Duckfat, ghee or grape seed oil

Put the beef, carrots, onion, garlic and herbs together into a large mixing bowl. I add the eggs to help them stick, but if you can't tolerant them, the burgers come together pretty well without them. To really grind it all together, it's better to use your bare hands.

Have a large flat plate set to one side with a layer of buckwheat flour sprinkled generously over it. Take small handfulls of the mixture and shape them one at a time into burgers (first into meatballs, then flatten them out a bit. I like to leave them thick, then flatten them directly on the pan as I fry them). Roll each burger around on the plate of flour until they're completely dusted.

Heat your cast iron frying pan/skillet and grease it with duckfat, ghee or grape seed oil. While they're cooking, I make the blini batter.

For the blinis, follow Laura's recipe here.

Garnish the burgers with fresh salad of your liking, et voila! BuckBurgers ;D

Brenno023.jpg

Brenno024.jpg

Brenno025.jpg

Is there no end to these mouth watering culinary delights? :wow:

I just got to try those. :thup:

Thank you Kniall (and Ottershrew). :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom