Bringing Awareness to Psychopathy in Your Community

Third_Density_Resident

Jedi Council Member
It just occurred to me the other day that I might write a letter to my local paper highlighting the fact that the biggest danger in this world today are psychopaths. Given that the vast majority of the public are completely ignorant of these people, and given that these people cause "more social distress and disruption than all psychiatric disorders combined" (Hare), isn't it fitting that this issue was brought out into the open by such a method?

Has anyone else tried to write to various newspapers or specific influential (non-psychopathic!) people to try to bring awareness to psychopathy and ponerology in the community? If so, what responses have you received (if any)? So many times I see television reports or newspaper articles about certain terrible people in society who are clearly psychopaths, but they are never identified as such, nor are these specific cases used as a "springboard" for further awareness about these evil people.

For example, in Australia there was a shocking case of a woman who was basically drugged and sexually assaulted by a group of men on a cruise ship back in 2002. The woman ultimately died, leaving behind a family. One of the men recently stood trial in court. He has no remorse whatsoever (hence no conscience), and to avoid being convicted, he has simply blamed one of the other men for what happened (a typical psychopathic defence). But not once has this man been labelled a psychopath, as he rightly should be.

Not only that, but it seems as if the company that operates these cruises (P&O) only encouraged such people in the first place, with their vulgar advertisment of "Seamen Wanted". So it looks as if not only were many of the people on the ship psychopathic, but the marketers and/or company itself are likewise. (What do they say about psychopaths? That they tend to conglomerate?) This is supported by the fact that P&O has been exposed for trying to cover the whole thing up, to avoid loss in revenue.

So we have a classic example in the recent news of psychopathy and ponerology in action, and yet I have not seen a single analysis that labels these events as such. Is this because of conspiratorial forces? Is this because the Powers that Be, controlling the media, do not want awareness on ponerology because it will only serve to expose the very people who run the media? I am guessing the answer to this would be a resounding "yes".

All this, then, brings me back to one of my first questions: Has anyone else tried to write to various newspapers or specific influential (non-psychopathic!) people to try to bring awareness to psychopathy and ponerology in the community? If so, what responses have you received (if any)?

And given what I have already concluded about the media, I would be surprised if many responses have been received at all. Although I would love to hear otherwise.

Yup. We've sent out review copies of Lobaczewski's book to a lot of journalists and newspaper editors. As you notice, the result has been a resounding silence.

If my memory serves me correctly, weren't P&O involved in the opium trade a number of years ago? Psychopathy seems to be a birthright with this company.I guess old habits die hard.

Back
Top Bottom